[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: UW Madison switching to a under armour  (Read 9665 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Wojo Era

• Scholarship Player
Re: UW Madison switching to a under armour
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 09:20:24 PM »
But we heard how his dad was getting a job at UA, and that is one reason he wasn't going to UW.  He would have knows about this, don't tell me that Badger fans were wrong...

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 10:09:26 PM »
Yes!!!! Another Vadger thread!!!!!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 10:12:06 PM »
They just couldn't handle the blowback from their awful Adidas shorts.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 12:32:18 AM »
"With the adidas brand taking a back seat in more people’s eyes, Under Armour is taking advantage and swooping up as much competition as possible."

I don't know about the numbers, but it really seems like adidas is slipping. It's almost like they're apathetic about it, too. I was in a sporting goods store last week and noticed how the adidas display had shrunk to less than half what it used to be, while Under Armour had eaten up adidas' space and upgraded the UA display to the point that out we equal to or better than Nike. adidas is rolling out odd designs (TechFit with the weird shoulder patterns in football, swim trunk shorts and short sleeve jerseys in basketball) while losing large accounts like Notre Dame and Wisconsin without much of a fight. Something's off but I haven't a clue what it could be.

*shrug*
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 05:39:58 AM »
"With the adidas brand taking a back seat in more people’s eyes, Under Armour is taking advantage and swooping up as much competition as possible."

I don't know about the numbers, but it really seems like adidas is slipping. It's almost like they're apathetic about it, too. I was in a sporting goods store last week and noticed how the adidas display had shrunk to less than half what it used to be, while Under Armour had eaten up adidas' space and upgraded the UA display to the point that out we equal to or better than Nike. adidas is rolling out odd designs (TechFit with the weird shoulder patterns in football, swim trunk shorts and short sleeve jerseys in basketball) while losing large accounts like Notre Dame and Wisconsin without much of a fight. Something's off but I haven't a clue what it could be.

*shrug*

They have such a large foothold in soccer around the world, I don't know if they care about the rest

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 06:35:51 AM »
They decided not to bid on the next NBA uniform contract, so it seems like they're almost just giving up on basketball.  I hope that's the case, because their stuff was getting too weird lately.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 06:53:47 AM »
That NCAA stuff was hideous.  At first when I saw Bucky I had wondered what the heck they had done only later to realize that it wasn't their fault.

Okay, it was still their fault because at some point they signed with Adidas.  There, I feel better now.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 06:56:04 AM »
Can ND be far behind?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 07:06:50 AM »
Can ND be far behind?

I believe this was their first year of Under Armour.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 08:00:44 AM »
I believe this was their first year of Under Armour.

Correct.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 09:28:19 AM »
Yes!!!! Another Vadger thread!!!!!

It's in the Superbar and properly titled.  You didn't have to click on it.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 09:40:43 AM »
Can ND be far behind?

ND signed for 10years for $90 million with Under Armour.  This is the richest deal in collage sports history.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10328133/notre-dame-fighting-irish-armour-agree-most-valuable-apparel-contract-ncaa-history

Notre Dame and Under Armour announced Tuesday that they have agreed to the most valuable shoe and apparel contract in college sports history.

The private school did not reveal the value of the 10-year deal, which will begin when its contract with adidas expires at the end of June, but sources told ESPN.com that the value of the deal, in cash and merchandise combined, is worth about $90 million.

That would make the deal worth more than the $82 million adidas is paying in cash and product to Michigan over 10 years.

--------------------

What is Wisconsin getting from UA?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 09:52:58 AM »
ND signed for 10years for $90 million with Under Armour.  This is the richest deal in collage sports history.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10328133/notre-dame-fighting-irish-armour-agree-most-valuable-apparel-contract-ncaa-history

Notre Dame and Under Armour announced Tuesday that they have agreed to the most valuable shoe and apparel contract in college sports history.

The private school did not reveal the value of the 10-year deal, which will begin when its contract with adidas expires at the end of June, but sources told ESPN.com that the value of the deal, in cash and merchandise combined, is worth about $90 million.

That would make the deal worth more than the $82 million adidas is paying in cash and product to Michigan over 10 years.

--------------------

What is Wisconsin getting from UA?

Not nearly the same

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 01:39:48 PM »
Personally I much prefer Adidas basketball shoes to Nike or Under Armour. Much more comfortable and light. Jerseys, couldnt care less but ive only bought Adidas shoes for basketball over the past 8 years or so.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 02:08:29 PM »
Personally I much prefer Adidas basketball shoes to Nike or Under Armour. Much more comfortable and light. Jerseys, couldnt care less but ive only bought Adidas shoes for basketball over the past 8 years or so.

Do you have really narrow feet?  I can't wear Adidas at all.  I stick with Nike/Jordan, which seem to run wider for me.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 02:29:14 PM »
IU is next, they will be switching.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 02:54:32 PM »
Do you have really narrow feet?  I can't wear Adidas at all.  I stick with Nike/Jordan, which seem to run wider for me.

Honestly couldn't tell you because I haven't had a pair of Nikes in a looong time. Always wore asics or Mizuno for volleyball, reebok or Adidas. So who knows, I just think Nike products are way overpriced.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 03:04:29 PM »
I'm an Asics guy and have been for 10+ years.  They just fit my feet.  Never could wear adidas...too narrow.  My court shoes -- for the rare occasions that I do play -- are old Nikes.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 10:37:55 PM »
IU is next, they will be switching.

To Jordan band because of D Wade's affiliation with the team?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 10:59:29 PM »
To Jordan band because of D Wade's affiliation with the team?

LA Gear to honor the greatest coach in MU history....KO

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 07:33:38 AM »
Don't understand the near-universal appeal of wearing under armour gear. Was out a lot this past weekend and every other guy in a t-shirt or sweatshirt was under armour. My goodness people are conformists.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 07:48:19 AM »
Don't understand the near-universal appeal of wearing under armour gear. Was out a lot this past weekend and every other guy in a t-shirt or sweatshirt was under armour. My goodness people are conformists.

It's the male equivalent of Lululemon.  Except now Lululemon now makes men's clothing.  $65 for a pair of workout shorts, anyone?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 08:00:59 AM »
It's the male equivalent of Lululemon.  Except now Lululemon now makes men's clothing.  $65 for a pair of workout shorts, anyone?

If it weren't for Lululemon's cute little shopping bags, what would twenty-something girls use to bring their lunch to work?
Have some patience, FFS.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 08:19:29 AM »
It's the male equivalent of Lululemon.  Except now Lululemon now makes men's clothing.  $65 for a pair of workout shorts, anyone?

I saw an article the other day, that Lululemon is opening Lululemon Kid's stores now.  Ouch!

feedback