collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Classy, Hey?  (Read 33689 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Classy, Hey?
« on: April 04, 2015, 11:49:18 PM »
Kentucky's Andrew Harrison on Frank Kaminsky after Kentucky's loss to Wisconsin: 'F*** that n****'
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Classy, Hey?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 11:54:16 PM »
Kentucky's Andrew Harrison on Frank Kaminsky after Kentucky's loss to Wisconsin: 'F*** that n****'

He might need to get his eyes checked, I don't think Frank fits that description.

I keep forgetting, he's allowed to say that, however.  The rulebook, I really need to get an updated rulebook.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 01:08:00 AM »

Warriorfish

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 01:16:17 AM »
If a white Badgers player had said that after losing vs Kentucky last year, he's probably kicked out of school.

Nothing will happen to Harrison.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 01:17:33 AM »
If a white Badgers player had said that after losing vs Kentucky last year, he's probably kicked out of school.

Kicked out of school.....hell, there would be 24/7 coverage on MSNBC for the next 3 weeks.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 06:51:23 AM »
I predict that this thread is headed in a positive direction. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 07:43:40 AM »
Kicked out of school.....hell, there would be 24/7 coverage on MSNBC for the next 3 weeks.

where's the Caucasian al sharpton/jesse jackson when ya need one?  why is it when people celebrate or get pissed, they burn things?  usually their own things(indirectly) too.  take some ownership man and be cool!  more antidepressants for my friends ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 07:53:49 AM »

And that's the essence of what's wrong with race relations in this country. Thanks BO
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:14:16 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 08:31:53 AM »
This is absolutely, motherfookin' outrageous and inexcusable. Let's see if Kentucky/Calipari/Harrison has the stones to owe up to this indiscretion?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 09:09:34 AM »

And that's the essence of what's wrong with race relations in this country. Thanks BO

Kind of hard to take you seriously with a Willie Wampum avatar. Embracing Warriors is one thing, but criticizing race relations with a blatantly racist image every time you post smacks just a touch of hypocrisy.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 09:18:02 AM »
Wow.  Just learned about this.  100% unacceptable.  I hope the NCAA comes down hard on Mr. Harrison and Kentucky if it doesn't 'self police' this.  I do think that Harrison did the right thing by immediately telephoning Frank. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 09:19:10 AM »
I thought the version that ended in "gga" was ok depending on who stated it.  Obviously, I can't say it, but that's what I was told....in fact here on MU Scoop.

They really should give out rule books to everyone now, might clear some things up.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 09:28:40 AM »

It's so unfair that black people can say that word and white people can't. It's almost as if context matters.
Just another example of how tough it is for the white man in America today.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 09:34:14 AM »
It's so unfair that black people can say that word and white people can't. It's almost as if context matters.
Just another example of how tough it is for the white man in America today.

I love a world of double standards.....it makes for really good PROGRESS, policies, and general good will among people.   

Young man you can do this, but you sir can't do that same thing the young man over here can

You maam are not allowed to say this, but you sir you can

She can say and do this because she's a she, if sir if you want to do that you need to add an "s" to your "he"....see Bruce Jenner

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2015, 09:46:32 AM »
Non-issue.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Black Swan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 09:46:44 AM »
I love a world of double standards.....it makes for really good PROGRESS, policies, and general good will among people.   

Young man you can do this, but you sir can't do that same thing the young man over here can

She can say and do this because she's a she, if sir if you want to do that you need to add an "s" to your "he"....see Bruce Jenner

Honestly, why does this bother you so much? How is your life changed because you can not say the "N" word but black people can say the "N" word? I have never understood this issue, actually I think I do, but I would like to hear your thoughts.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2015, 09:47:23 AM »

If you don't understand why and how there's a huge difference in meaning and context when a white person uses that word, you're truly beyond help.
But keep playing the victim ....

Bruce Jenner?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 09:49:50 AM »
Honestly, why does this bother you so much? How is your life changed because you can not say the "N" word but black people can say the "N" word? I have never understood this issue, actually I think I do, but I would like to hear your thoughts.

trees-forest, forest-trees ?
don't...don't don't don't don't

brandx

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2015, 10:00:58 AM »

Finally, we get down to what this is really about.

You're still pissed that as black man is president.

But you are the winner in a big upset. When I saw Harrison's comment, I was sure it would be either Chicos or Surgeon that brought up Obama. Surgeon does get the runner-up award for making sure he got a Sharpton/Jackson comment in on the matter.

But, you keep denigrating Native Americans as you bemoan race relations in the country. It's rich.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2015, 10:04:47 AM »

Personally, it doesn't bother me, I'm just enjoying fauxrage. I have no desire to say the word or refer to people in that matter.  I find it disgusting.  I just don't like double standards or hypocrisy.  I'm guilty of it at times (double standards), just ilke everyone else.

In a world so hypersensitive to PC BS, I find these things entertaining to put it mildly.  I enjoy watching one side scramble to defend usage like this and then justify it. Say he said "F* Cracka.....the same amount of defending would go on.  It's the world we live in. 

Do you recall some of the nonsense you threw my way and a few others last year when Cuonzo Martin was up for the gig.  You accused some of us of not wanting him because he was black.....yet the same guys you accused of this thinking wanted Shaka Smart....who is a black man.  That's an example of the nonsense I see all the time.  It's so reactionary, so focused on one statement, one thing that when it happens in reverse it makes me laugh.  Just telling you like it is.

Let me ask you a question....should this young man be disciplined?  If he had said "cracka" should he have been disciplined?  If we're trying to get racial harmony across the board shouldn't we be equally communicating to people regardless of race what is acceptable and what isn't?  If double standards are perpetuated, be it in policies, communications, hiring standards, etc, then in my view very little continued progress will be made.  People desire fairness, they desire meritocracy, they desire being treated equally. My two cents, feel free to disagree.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2015, 10:08:22 AM »
If you don't understand why and how there's a huge difference in meaning and context when a white person uses that word, you're truly beyond help.
But keep playing the victim ....

Bruce Jenner?

Yup, I understand the difference....I also understand that by allowing such language to continue without condemnation also does no one any good.  We're supposed to be judged by the content of our character.  Were those words a good example of that?  Would society in general be better off if those words were removed from the daily vocabulary of all people?  I say yes.  What say you?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2015, 10:21:20 AM »

Right because before bo it was ok for you to call any black man a n*gga Jeeze what type of small minded hillbilly town are you from? There's actual race issues going on in this world and you're grumpy because you can't use a word without sounding racist because it was used as a derogatory term by your parents, their parents, and pending on how old you are you as a child to. 

What's wrong with race relations is people getting defensive over not being able to say a word when they should be wondering about discrepancies in percentage of a race employed, educated, in prison, etc. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2015, 10:21:41 AM »
Yup, I understand the difference....I also understand that by allowing such language to continue without condemnation also does no one any good.  We're supposed to be judged by the content of our character.  Were those words a good example of that?  Would society in general be better off if those words were removed from the daily vocabulary of all people?  I say yes.  What say you?

No, it's completely obvious you don't understand the difference. If you understood the difference, you wouldn't be crying here about double standards  about the reaction to a black person saying that word and a white person saying that word. There is no double standard because the two things are not the same.

I say he said something regrettable and stupid, and immediately apologized for it, both publicly and personally to the person the comment was directed toward.
I also think society would be better off if people didn't try to turn this into a major race issue - which it isn't - by injecting Al Sharpton, Barack Obama and complaining how it's so unfair that they can't drop the 'N' word, too.
Rather, it should be treated it for what it was, a college kid saying something dumb in the heat of the moment.