[Today at 11:50:43 AM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Jockey
[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[June 15, 2024, 07:12:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Saddest day of the year  (Read 27353 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Saddest day of the year
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2015, 05:13:55 PM »
Virginia is a 2, UW is a 1.

MUFlutieEffect

• Team Captain
    • The Flutie Effect
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2015, 05:15:40 PM »
And Crean is in with a 10 seed...
The Flutie Effect: "A significant and positive correlation between a university having a successful team and higher quality of incoming freshmen, alumni donations, and graduation rates."

- The Economist, January 3rd, 2007

🏀

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2015, 05:17:32 PM »
And Crean is in with a 10 seed...

Yeah, it was mentioned. Thanks for making sure you measured his dick today though.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2015, 05:26:36 PM »
Did MU beat any team in the tournament?

Providence
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2015, 05:29:41 PM »
Badgers...lamest group of dudes.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2015, 05:32:31 PM »
Blue would have started at PG and Derrick would have been a backup. I really think that would have been Buzz' best team.
Derrick is a backup, except at MU---some think he is the best player on the team---some even wish he could return next year for another year of futility. I am guessing that Henry would tear him a new one if he did not receive the ball constantly.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2015, 05:35:41 PM »
JPT v. Badgers, there's were Bo goes home.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2015, 05:39:14 PM »
Derrick is a backup, except at MU---some think he is the best player on the team---some even wish he could return next year for another year of futility. I am guessing that Henry would tear him a new one if he did not receive the ball constantly.

Did you have a point to this comment?
TAMU

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2015, 05:40:30 PM »
Colorado State screwed.  UCLA somehow got in.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2015, 05:41:51 PM »
Colorado State screwed.  UCLA somehow got in.

UCLA and Indiana did not deserve to be in.  Colorado State and Temple should have been safely in the tournament.  

Wichita State was screwed.

Also, Doug Gottlieb is a moron.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:45:24 PM by forgetful »

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2015, 05:46:58 PM »
So, how do you think the BIGE does in the Tourny?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2015, 05:48:13 PM »
Did I count correctly?  I think the AAC only got one team in.
Have some patience, FFS.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2015, 05:49:17 PM »
Did I count correctly?  I think the AAC only got one team in.

SMU and Cincinnati.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2015, 05:54:22 PM »
UCLA and Indiana did not deserve to be in.  Colorado State and Temple should have been safely in the tournament.  

I'm just curious, if IU didn't deserve to be in, then why is Wichita State screwed since they get to play a team that didn't deserve to be in?  Plus, assuming WSU wins, they play what I would call is the 2nd weakest 2 seed in KU?

Doug Gottlieb has always been a moron.

I was feeling very confident IU was in for quite some time.  Jerry Palm had them in there and he's a Purdue guy.  Soft bubble. 

Let the crapshoot begin.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2015, 05:57:04 PM »

UCLA deserved to get in. Crean got in because I4.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2015, 05:59:46 PM »
Did you have a point to this comment?
Yeah---I guess it is tough for low info guys---Derrick is a backup--except at MU where he gets max minutes. Take that as the point!!! Not too hard to figure out!!

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2015, 06:02:33 PM »
I'm just curious, if IU didn't deserve to be in, then why is Wichita State screwed since they get to play a team that didn't deserve to be in?  Plus, assuming WSU wins, they play what I would call is the 2nd weakest 2 seed in KU?

Doug Gottlieb has always been a moron.

I was feeling very confident IU was in for quite some time.  Jerry Palm had them in there and he's a Purdue guy.  Soft bubble. 

Let the crapshoot begin.

Wichita State is ranked 12th in the nation.  They got a 7 seed.  They should have been on the 3/4 line.  

Indiana's RPI is 61.  They are 3-6 in their last 9.  Best out of conference win. SMU

Temple's RPI is 34.  They are 6-3 in their last 9.  Best out of conference win.  Kansas

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2015, 06:03:02 PM »

The chairman said Wyoming stole Temple's bid.

Is it my paranoia or was there virutally no love for Nova? Ppl saying theyre the weakest 1 seed, etc. I think it was Gottlieb who said 'sure Nova has a lot of wins, but those came from within the conference'. Gottlieb also shat on X and Gtown as well, saying both are overseeded.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2015, 06:04:36 PM »

I'm not a big believer in RPI but some (Chico) insist it's the most important number to the committee. UCLA was in the 50s, Indiana was 60. Temple and CSU were 30 and 34. To put that in perspective, Temple was 29 spots behind Kentucky and 30 ahead of Indiana. Is there any doubt that the names on the front of their jerseys got the Bruins and Hoosiers in?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2015, 06:11:36 PM »
Wichita State is ranked 12th in the nation.  They got a 7 seed.  They should have been on the 3/4 line.  

Indiana's RPI is 61.  They are 3-6 in their last 9.  Best out of conference win. SMU

Temple's RPI is 34.  They are 6-3 in their last 9.  Best out of conference win.  Kansas

AP rankings don't mean anything to me....a bunch of journalists that can't remember last week, let alone what happened all year long.  In my view you are looking at the seed line for WSU and saying they got screwed without looking at who they are playing.  That's much more important.  WSU has a good chance to go to the Sweet 16 with that draw.  Put another way, WSU certainly could have been a 4 or 5 seed, but had a more difficult road. 

I'm not sure why I keep reading here that ND got screwed.  Butler isn't that good, ND has a very good shot to get to the Sweet 16.  G'Town, they aren't going to like playing Eastern Washington.

For the record, I think Temple should be in, but there are others I would have booted first before the ones you booted.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2015, 06:13:57 PM »
The chairman said Wyoming stole Temple's bid.

Is it my paranoia or was there virutally no love for Nova? Ppl saying theyre the weakest 1 seed, etc. I think it was Gottlieb who said 'sure Nova has a lot of wins, but those came from within the conference'. Gottlieb also shat on X and Gtown as well, saying both are overseeded.

Gottlieb has been ripping the conference all year long, so this is his way of validating to himself his ripping.

That being said, G'Town has a tough first game, Nova a very tough second game, same for Butler, etc.

Would it surprise me one bit to have only one Big East team or two go to the second game?  Not in the least.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2015, 06:32:43 PM »
AP rankings don't mean anything to me....a bunch of journalists that can't remember last week, let alone what happened all year long.  In my view you are looking at the seed line for WSU and saying they got screwed without looking at who they are playing.  That's much more important.  WSU has a good chance to go to the Sweet 16 with that draw.  Put another way, WSU certainly could have been a 4 or 5 seed, but had a more difficult road. 

I'm not sure why I keep reading here that ND got screwed.  Butler isn't that good, ND has a very good shot to get to the Sweet 16.  G'Town, they aren't going to like playing Eastern Washington.

For the record, I think Temple should be in, but there are others I would have booted first before the ones you booted.

What about the coaches?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2015, 06:39:41 PM »
What about the coaches?

Coaches polls for basketball are even worse.  When I worked in the MU athletic department I actually saw how the voting by coaches was done first hand.  Yikes.  Yeah, the head coach did it and spent all of 45 seconds doing it.

Rick Majerus also got caught in the cookie jar at times, having an assistant coach vote Temple #10 despite being 6-12.  Coaches are so busy, they don't have time to truly know what is going on and vote properly.  They don't spend time staying up late to see who is playing in late Pac 12 games, etc.  It's a charade.

http://articles.philly.com/2002-02-02/sports/25332826_1_utah-coach-rick-majerus-voting-usa-today

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2015, 07:46:35 PM »
DG is an idiot, his show is awful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2015, 08:54:56 PM »
Yeah---I guess it is tough for low info guys---Derrick is a backup--except at MU where he gets max minutes. Take that as the point!!! Not too hard to figure out!!

So you took time on a thread about selection Sunday and used it as a chance to take a shot at our program and one of our players. Got it
TAMU