'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Least Favorite and Favorite Non-MU Big East Players Since MU Joined the BE  (Read 10273 times)

wadesworld

• All American
An interesting discussion came up in the Gameday Chat last night regarding players that people hated and players on teams other than Marquette that people liked since Marquette joined the Big East.  Who were some of your favorite and least favorite BE players outside of Marquette's program?

I always hated playing against Lavance Fields and DuJuan Blair simply because they were a dang good, tough Pitt team.  Hated Devensdorf, hate Delgado and Whitehead, don't like D'Angelo Harrison.  Hated Fab Melo and Cooney.

Others brought up were (obviously) Harrongody, Cooley, Connaughton.  There were others.

Nova seemed to be well represented on the list of favorites.

I also always hated Jerry Smith.  Tosa East to Louisville.  Yuck.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JTBMU7

• All American
everyone's least favorite player is/should be eric devendorf.

Galway Eagle

• All American
Scotty Reynolds  >:(
Maigh Eo for Sam

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Scotty Reynolds, Lance Stephenson, deSean Butler are the first three I think of.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MUfan12

• All American
I always hated playing against Lavance Fields and DuJuan Blair simply because they were a dang good, tough Pitt team.  Hated Devensdorf, hate Delgado and Whitehead, don't like D'Angelo Harrison.  Hated Fab Melo and Cooney.

Others brought up were (obviously) Harrongody, Cooley, Connaughton.  There were others.

I also always hated Jerry Smith.  Tosa East to Louisville.  Yuck.

I liked Blair, and don't really feel anything either way for the Seton Hall guys. Agreed on the rest. I'd add Trawick from Georgetown on there. I also had an irrational hate for Creighton's team last year. Probably because they reminded me of UW.

Always liked Nova's guys. Really like Roosevelt Jones at Butler. Liked Cotton and Henton from PC.

wadesworld

• All American
I'm a big fan of Dunn this year as well. If only he had chosen MU...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Loved Devin Ebanks. Thought he was gonna be a stud in the NBA.

chapman

• All American
everyone's least favorite player is/should be eric devendorf.

This.  The "trailer trash" chants at the BC were spot on.

BrewCity83

• All American
Devendorf and Harangody were on a whole 'nother level than all the others.  I miss having opponents to hate.  Nobody really bad out there right now.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Guys I hated:
  • Yancy Gates, Cincinnati: Always felt like he was just a thug. His sucker punch in the Crosstown Shootout confirmed it. I always hated the Huggins teams at Cincy, and Gates felt like a throwback to that.
  • Lu-jack Harancooley, Notre Dame: I don't care what anyone says, they were the same guy. Big, oafish d-bag that could score at will. Then he "graduates" and shows up the next year and picks up where he left off? Screw you, Lu-jack. I know you got more years of eligibility than Chris Otule thanks to changing your name.
  • Peyton Siva, Louisville: I could not stand him, though I'm sure in part it was because he always made Junior his bitch and reminded me of what we didn't have -- an elite college PG.
Guys I liked to watch:
  • Truck Bryant, West Virginia: I hated WVU because of Huggins, but respected the hell out of Bryant, who seemed to always play hard and get the job done. Tough player that would have fit in well here.
  • Kemba Walker, Connecticut: Certainly an all-time great in the Big East. Always a good player to watch, but that magical March where he lifted UConn from 9-9 in Big East play to an 11-game winning streak and national title was just amazing.
  • LaDontae Henton, Providence: I sometimes wonder if Lazar Hayward got some surgery done and decided to come back to the Big East. I mean, come on...both can score, shoot, rebound, defend, and have the initials "LH". Great player, fun to watch, and surely either from the same clone factory that produced Lazar or just Lazar himself in disguise.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

oldwarrior81

• All American
wasn't Jamar Nutter the player from Seton Hall that was ejected from a couple MU games?
once for an elbow to Dominic James throat and ironically I think he was tossed once for punching DJO in the groin.
Under Gonzalez, Seton Hall had it's share of unlikeable players.

LAZER

• All American
McDermott was pretty likable

MerrittsMustache

• All American
McDermott was pretty likable

I was never a big fan of McBuckets until I watched him play in-person. That guy worked his A$$ off. He was in non-stop motion.

Galway Eagle

• All American
Patrick hazel at seton hall to.  

I like marathon brooks at providence and Kevin jones at WVU
Maigh Eo for Sam

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Patrick hazel at seton hall to.  

I like marathon brooks at providence and Kevin jones at WVU

Jeremy Hazell went to SHU.

Patrick Hazel went to MU (and has normal-looking ears).

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
I was never a big fan of McBuckets until I watched him play in-person. That guy worked his A$$ off. He was in non-stop motion.

Easily my least favorite player. Can't stand McFlopper. Other then him I didn't like Cooley either but that's more because of his actions in high school.

For some reason I always liked CJ Fair. Couldn't tell you why though.

WayOfTheWarrior

• Team Captain
I always hated how Kemba could jump into the defender, throw up a wild shot, get the call, steal your girlfriend, and make the deuce every time...Great player though.

GoldenZebra

• All American
Least favorite: pretty much every ND player, Cuse player, Siva, Nancy Gates and Stephenson...

Favorite: Kemba

T-Bone

• All American
Hate:
Nutter
Any guy on ND
Bobby Gonzalez (coach)
Everyone on Syracuse - never liked anyone there.
Siva

Like:
DeJuan Blair
Scotty Reynolds - Just played hard.
Sir'Dominic - Plays hard, would like him on my team.

I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.

+1

It's obviously not translating to the next level (yet), but McD has an incredible sense of floor space and always moved with a purpose.

I know the Larry Bird stuff was overplayed because he was white, but he did remind me of Larry in that way. Larry was never physically quick, but was super efficient in his movement, especially off of the ball.

mileskishnish72

• All American
Least favorite is Nutter.

DienerTime34

• All American
Hated Aaron Gray and Eric Devendorf above all others.

JakeBarnes

• All American
Hate:

Scottie Reynolds-he never graduated it felt like
Archidiachano- I don't get it. He's not that good
Cooley
Abromitis
Siva
Southerland
Melo

Dunn
Scoop

Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

BM1090

• All American
Bryce Cotton and Allen Ray from 05 Nova probably my favorites. Liked that whole Nova team.

Dislike....Ethan Wragge. D'angelo Harrison.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Jeremy Hazell went to SHU.

Marshawn Brooks- he was fun to watch

Yep. Those guys were good.

feedback