[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Traci Carter to MU!!!  (Read 42272 times)

MattyWarrior

• All American
Re: Traci Carter to MU!!!
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2015, 11:35:03 AM »
Wojo and staff sure are impressing me, the potential is off the charts!!

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2015, 11:38:18 AM »
It's been less than 1 year, but I'm comfortable saying that Wojo is a closer.

I have no idea if he's good at identifying talent, if he can develop that talent, and if he can retain his own players and if he can win at this level.

But, he certainly can close, and that's a pretty big part of the puzzle. 

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2015, 11:39:58 AM »
ESPN, for which Borzello works, has Sacar as a four-star. Not sure how recently that became the case.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/171456/sacar-anim
He was before he committed at least. Scout I believe has him at 3.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2015, 11:40:33 AM »
Wow. When did Sacar get upgraded? Impressive.

Translation:  "What, Wojciechowski wanted him, we must have under ranked this guy."

Yeah, that is impressive.  Not quite Ivan Renko impressive, but impressive still.  It's nice to have an MU head coach's evaluation move the yardstick.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 11:42:15 AM by LittleWade »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2015, 11:43:46 AM »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

1SE

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2015, 11:45:06 AM »
Great job by Wojo and staff - if this is the kind of class he can pull in after this season and last I'm excited to see what he can do after a couple years in the NCAAs
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2015, 11:46:22 AM »
I have not been this excited in several years.

With what we have coming in, next year will be interesting.

2016-2017 should be exciting

2017-2018 could be monumental.

The coming years should make up for the misery of the immediate past.

Hillbilly? Who needs Hillbillies?!#@!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 11:51:12 AM »
It's been less than 1 year, but I'm comfortable saying that Wojo is a closer.

I have no idea if he's good at identifying talent, if he can develop that talent, and if he can retain his own players and if he can win at this level.

But, he certainly can close, and that's a pretty big part of the puzzle. 

Recruiting consistently well is the single most important part of creating a winning college basketball program -- which of course you and everybody else here knows.

It is impossible to be anything but totally impressed with what Wojo has accomplished in that regard in the 11+ months he has been on the job.

Will he prove to be a great game coach? None of us can know that yet, but we all should be willing to give him a chance to grow into the position. I am on the Wojo bandwagon big-time.

Those who have spent much of the last few months savaging him have zero credibility.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2015, 11:51:22 AM »
ESPN, for which Borzello works, has Sacar as a four-star. Not sure how recently that became the case.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/171456/sacar-anim

Great, though ESPN also has him rated the 36th best player at his position. They must hand out more 4 stars than other services or there are tons of really good 2 guards this year.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 11:52:03 AM »
Just imagine the reaction when diamond stone commits.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2015, 11:53:58 AM »

Your teal button is broken. ;)

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2015, 11:55:47 AM »
Great, though ESPN also has him rated the 36th best player at his position. They must hand out more 4 stars than other services or there are tons of really good 2 guards this year.

They have 28 shooting guards in their top 100, so 36th would place him somewhere in the 120 range, I would guess.
His overall grade (80) might place him a bit higher, given that the players ranked 90-100 all have overall grades of 81.

Either way, he, like Carter, seems to be rising in stature.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 12:02:33 PM by Pakuni »

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2015, 11:59:29 AM »
Huge for Wojo and MU. Welcome Traci, The future is bright.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2015, 12:02:18 PM »

Will he prove to be a great game coach? None of us can know that yet, but we all should be willing to give him a chance to grow into the position. I am on the Wojo bandwagon big-time.

It's a helluva lot easier to be a great game coach when you have great players.  Welcome to Warrior Nation Traci. In Wojo we trust.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

MUFlutieEffect

• Team Captain
    • The Flutie Effect
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2015, 12:03:49 PM »
Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello  3m3 minutes ago
With the addition of Traci Carter, Marquette now has five-star Henry Ellenson and four four-star prospects in its 2015 recruiting class.

Unbelievable.
The Flutie Effect: "A significant and positive correlation between a university having a successful team and higher quality of incoming freshmen, alumni donations, and graduation rates."

- The Economist, January 3rd, 2007

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2015, 12:06:54 PM »
YES!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!

cschor

• Walk-On
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2015, 12:09:20 PM »
Another fabulous 5 perhaps with each position covered.  I know, "the best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores."  Huge recruit, I cant wait for Wednesday night and next year.  Great job Marquette!

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2015, 12:11:30 PM »
Alright, alright, alright!!

Some quicks and athleticism in the backcourt.  Roster is taking shape nicely.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2015, 12:12:29 PM »
Recruiting consistently well is the single most important part of creating a winning college basketball program -- which of course you and everybody else here knows.

It is impossible to be anything but totally impressed with what Wojo has accomplished in that regard in the 11+ months he has been on the job.

Those who have spent much of the last few months savaging him have zero credibility.

Based on my experience as a HS basketball player, I'm certain that they were playing "mind games" with us.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2015, 12:13:18 PM »

Kentucky North!
SS Marquette

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2015, 12:19:36 PM »
Alright, alright, alright!!

Some quicks and athleticism in the backcourt.  Roster is taking shape nicely.

Yes
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2015, 12:24:41 PM »
As a guy that has screamed it is a guard's game for many years, I'm thrilled.  Especially a PG.  I hope he is the real deal...a few others have had that kind of rating in the last few classes that were not to that caliber.  Hopefully Traci can be that engine.  Welcome to MU!

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2015, 12:27:05 PM »
His game seems a little like Cordell Henry.   But he's taller of course.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2015, 12:31:11 PM »
I have not been this excited in several years.

With what we have coming in, next year will be interesting.

2016-2017 should be exciting

2017-2018 could be monumental.

The coming years should make up for the misery of the immediate past.

Hillbilly? Who needs Hillbillies?!#@!

16' will be a better year than 17' I think.

Henry could be here 2 years but he ain't staying 3
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2015, 12:33:01 PM »

Eric Bossi rivals

Losing a four-star prospect during the second semester of his senior season isn't easy for any program to overcome. Marquette has not only managed the loss of Nick Noskowiak, they've very likely gotten better after adding four-star point guard Traci Carter on Tuesday.

Traci Carter is a big score for Marquette.
After missing the summer of 2014 with injury, the six-footer at Burlington (N.J.) Life Center returned to the floor with vengeance as a senior, becoming one of the most hotly recruited players on the board. Tuesday, he confirmed to Rivals.com that he would play his college ball for Steve Wojciechowski and his staff.

"They have a great staff," Carter told Rivals.com. "All of the staff were guards and they've been to the highest levels and they can help me develop. They are going to give me the opportunity to develop and also the education to go to the next level."

One of the quicker floor generals in the class of 2015, Carter is a guy who plays in attack mode more often than not.

A slick ball-handler, Carter loves to use his speed to attack ball screens and get downhill and into the teeth of the defense. Though he isn't huge, Carter is physically tough and a relentless competitor on both ends of the floor. He has playing style that is similar to All-Big 12 point guard Juwan Staten in that he loves to get to the rim but can also hit pull-up jumpers to keep defenders honest.

The chance to play in the Big East was key in Carter picking Marquette, as was the chance to play with the Golden Eagles' strong recruiting class. There was also an assist given to the Marquette staff from an unlikely source, the Washington Wizards All-Star point guard -- and former Rivals.com No. 1 player -- John Wall.

"That played a big part in my decision," said Carter of the recruiting class he will join. "They have an All-American big in Henry Ellenson who is great on the court and Haanif Cheatham is very good too.

"When I was down there on my visit, my uncle Rasual Butler, who plays for the Wizards, was in town. I was talking to John Wall when I met up with him and my uncle and he confirmed for me that it would be a good situation because they had exactly what a point guard would want."

The fifth member of Marquette's recruiting class, Carter is currently an unranked four-star prospect who will debut in the 2015 Rivals150 when it gets finalized next month. In addition to the five-star Ellenson and four-star Cheatham, the class includes Rivals150 big man Matt Heldt and versatile three-star shooting guard Sacar Anim.

feedback