[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Traci Carter to MU!!!  (Read 42256 times)

barfolomew

• All American
Re: Traci Carter to MU!!!
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2015, 01:36:36 PM »
I hope you're not seriously comparing Henry and Juan.

No, I was reminding myself as a fan to temper my enthusiasm because HS mix tapes don't equate to immediate D1 success.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2015, 01:37:52 PM »
I agree with this but this isn't contrary to what Wades was saying. He just said Luke does a great job at sealing his defender, which I think is true. What he does when he gets the ball needs improvement, but he gets great position more times than not.

This.  Luke gets into position and 80% of the time he's got his man beat whoever the pass is not timely.  Not sure if its a trust issue, lack of anticipation or what....but a bunch of times Luke got position and guards would ball fake the pass a couple of times then pass it around the perimeter some more.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2015, 01:40:19 PM »
I would love to see some high/low action with Henry and Luke.

It is REALLY screws up the defensive double team assignments when you had a big who can throw an entry pass to another big.

Started to see some of that with Luke and Teve the last two games of the season.  I think we see Teve and Luke playing high low....with Henry's shooting also adding another wrinkle in that he can take the 12 footer as well.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2015, 01:44:10 PM »
I agree with this but this isn't contrary to what Wades was saying. He just said Luke does a great job at sealing his defender, which I think is true. What he does when he gets the ball needs improvement, but he gets great position more times than not.

I guess I could have been more clear.  I agree with wades about Luke being good at sealing his defender - he is.  

But wades then attributes Luke's problems to the guards not getting the ball to him quickly enough ("we just hesitate too long to get him the ball").  I disagree with that second part - I think the guards got the ball to him quickly enough to score plenty of times, and that Luke's tendency to hesitate was the biggest issue with our inside game.  It sounds like you agree with that, but I'm not sure wades does.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2015, 06:37:21 PM »
The UConn board is really butthurt over this and it pleases me greatly

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2015, 06:58:19 PM »
Back to Traci... Can't wait to see him play with our bigs next year!

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2015, 07:00:34 PM »
Totally agree. It will be nice to have a guard that gets rid of the ball in a timely manner. For all the bitching about Derrick's shooting, the real problem he had was taking too much time to make decisions with the ball.

I agree. And I hope this is my last post ever about Derrick Wilson.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2015, 10:51:34 PM »
I guess I could have been more clear.  I agree with wades about Luke being good at sealing his defender - he is.  

But wades then attributes Luke's problems to the guards not getting the ball to him quickly enough ("we just hesitate too long to get him the ball").  I disagree with that second part - I think the guards got the ball to him quickly enough to score plenty of times, and that Luke's tendency to hesitate was the biggest issue with our inside game.  It sounds like you agree with that, but I'm not sure wades does.

Yes and no.  I do think Luke is too slow making a move/decision in the post a lot of times.  Even on a drive and dish he tends to gather himself before going up for the finish, which he can't do and we've seen that this year.  But I also think our guards hesitate to feed him in the post a lot and it allows his defender to counter his solid post position.  Both of these things need to improve.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2015, 10:57:34 PM »

Fair enough. Much more decisive for the most part tonight, but there were still 2 or 3 times I thought he could have just gone with it but waited too long. Granted, he ended up scoring a few of those, but thought he could have had an easier attempt with a quicker decision

feedback