[Today at 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Roster next year  (Read 17282 times)

T-Bone

• All American
Re: Roster next year
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2015, 10:11:49 AM »
Cam Marotta?

Mark Marotta's son will be a preferred walk-on next season.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2015, 11:30:41 AM »
Hey Lazar---How many stars are the twins? 5-star. Do they play the 1-2-3-4 or 5 spot?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2015, 11:47:55 AM »
Ahh...the walk ons... (and ignoring me and Sultan's philosophical disagreements).

However....do we KNOW the twins are in for next year?  I only know of Cam for sure.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2015, 11:52:15 AM »
The twins are missing?

My apology Chip. I'm doing this from my phone and missed your immediate post.  You are the big winner!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2015, 11:58:32 AM »
Ahh...the walk ons... (and ignoring me and Sultan's philosophical disagreements).

However....do we KNOW the twins are in for next year?  I only know of Cam for sure.

I'd say NO on the twins for next year at this point.  Only Cam in the grey for now.  And I wouldn't include that student who walked on for a week during Christmas.  Not in charge but I'd say you have to dress to make the chart. But of course that's your call. Certainly getting playing time justifies inclusion.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2015, 12:03:45 PM »

Without looking at the scholarship table itself, wouldn't walk-ons be excluded from something titled "Scholarship Table?"  They aren't, after all, on scholarship.  If it were "Roster Table" then that makes sense.  Just being a pain in the ass.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2015, 12:06:12 PM »
I'd say NO on the twins for next year at this point.  Only Cam in the grey for now.  And I wouldn't include that student who walked on for a week during Christmas.  Not in charge but I'd say you have to dress to make the chart. But of course that's your call. Certainly getting playing time justifies inclusion.

why no to the twins? Maybe they won't want the commitment, but these guys were managers for the woman's team before, so it's not like they're adverse to commitment. If they want to be a part of the team, why the hell not?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

mubb34

• Team Captain
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2015, 12:08:23 PM »
I would love to get a JUCO PF just so we can redshirt Heldt. I think a season in the weight room could go miles with a guy like him.

The future is bright!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2015, 12:12:51 PM »
why no to the twins? Maybe they won't want the commitment, but these guys were managers for the woman's team before, so it's not like they're adverse to commitment. If they want to be a part of the team, why the hell not?

Perhaps you misunderstood my point.  I'm confident that Wojo will welcome them back. I'm simply saying that to include them now might be premature for purposes of the chart.  Rocky's call.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2015, 12:16:02 PM »
Without looking at the scholarship table itself, wouldn't walk-ons be excluded from something titled "Scholarship Table?"  They aren't, after all, on scholarship.  If it were "Roster Table" then that makes sense.  Just being a pain in the ass.

Forever to be referred to as the little known 'Frozena rule'.  :-)

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2015, 12:16:44 PM »
Hey Lazar---How many stars are the twins? 5-star. Do they play the 1-2-3-4 or 5 spot?

The spot they play is a letter, not a number and they can play multiple positions.  Give them as many stars as you want.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2015, 12:49:10 PM »
Perhaps you misunderstood my point.  I'm confident that Wojo will welcome them back. I'm simply saying that to include them now might be premature for purposes of the chart.  Rocky's call.

Gotcha...I misunderstood.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2015, 02:17:39 PM »

I'm not so confident they'll be "welcomed" back - but they should be on this years chart.  It seemed that Wojo was uncomfortable adding any walk-on's this year until he just didn't have enough bodies to practice with.  Next year he shouldn't have a problem with having enough guys to play 5-on-5.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2015, 02:28:53 PM »
I'm not so confident they'll be "welcomed" back - but they should be on this years chart.  It seemed that Wojo was uncomfortable adding any walk-on's this year until he just didn't have enough bodies to practice with.  Next year he shouldn't have a problem with having enough guys to play 5-on-5.

I sensed the same thing. I wonder if Marc felt like he was negotiating with Ted Thompson regarding next year. C'mon Wojo.  How much?

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2015, 08:59:51 PM »
If we get a grad-transfer PG who's to say they couldn't start alongside Carter, like Carlino and Duane? And before someone else says it, yes I know Duane isn't a PG. Using them more for comparison's sake.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 03:54:45 AM by WolverineWarrior85 »
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

feedback