[Today at 08:35:27 AM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Jockey
[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[June 15, 2024, 07:12:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Noskowiak released from NLI  (Read 79032 times)

LloydsLegs

• All American
Re: Noskowiak released from NLI
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2015, 07:12:47 AM »
https://twitter.com/nicknoskowiak/status/565548563237969920

This is really sad.  Best of luck, Nick.  Let's move on with dignity and respect, Scoop.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2015, 08:45:19 AM »
Damn, wasn't hoping it would come to this. The way his senior year started I was already picturing him in the BC "open for three".

First 3 games to start season this year:

29 pts
37 pts
43 pts

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2015, 08:47:42 AM »
I agree.  I loathe the arrogance of many of their fans, but you can't help but respect what they've had going since Dick Bennett got there.  They run a clean program, recruit good kids who work hard, and develop them.  

Hopefully Wojo can emulate that model here for a number of years.  He certainly had a good teacher to show him that way.  And I believe strongly he will do just that.  Much better times are coming.  

Yup.   Been saying that the last few years with plenty of darts coming my way for being a "Wisconsin fan".  Anything but.....except I'll take that over the squirmy garbage that was going on.  As I've said on a number of occasions there were other shoes to drop and other stuff that eventually comes out.  Is what it is, I'm glad he's gone and the act follows him.  People that are in the Just Win camp, will obviously disagree.  I'm not in that camp.  There is a way to do it.  The reboot was necessary IMO.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 08:49:47 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2015, 08:56:34 AM »
Nosk was AAU teammates with big Henry. Any potential blow back without his buddy?

Not sure how close Ellenson & Noskowiak are

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2015, 08:58:39 AM »
Nosk was AAU teammates with big Henry. Any potential blow back without his buddy?

Not sure how close Ellenson & Noskowiak are

Probably not as close as Ellenson & Ellenson's brother ;)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2015, 09:09:40 AM »
Probably not as close as Ellenson & Ellenson's brother ;)

+1. Mind was still sleeping

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2015, 09:14:42 AM »
As this season goes on I swear I hate Buzz a little bit more everyday. 

Not sure what this has to do with Buzz.  Buzz got him to commit as a sophomore.  He decommited when Wojo was hired, but Wojo got him to sign.

So was this Wojo's fault too?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2015, 09:26:53 AM »
It is was it is for whatever the reason.

Time to move on and look for the next best thing to help us improve next year and into the future.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2015, 09:35:41 AM »
There were rumors of drug use going back for a few years. I've always been concerned that he got caught again and used a disease that would engender sympathy (depression) to cover other reckless behavior.  Now will I admit, that is just baseless speculation. If he truely battles depression, I wish him the best.  If there's more, I also wish him well.   Tough to see any HS kid struggle. 

i remember a very talented basketball player from arrowhead(name witheld purposely) a number of years ago who ran into similar issues and there were many questions about how it was handled...i.e. he was suspended for a number of games then allowed to play in the state tourney where they ended up doing quite well.  i guess you could say he was kinda depressed too
  as this story unfolds and the rest of the story comes out-if nn was defiant to some good ole fashioned parenting, i don't believe he would have done well with wojo and/or many other coaches.  if he is self medicating, gotta clean the system and help him grow/develop facing the demons-life on life's terms
don't...don't don't don't don't

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2015, 09:42:35 AM »
Yup.   Been saying that the last few years with plenty of darts coming my way for being a "Wisconsin fan".  Anything but.....except I'll take that over the squirmy garbage that was going on.  As I've said on a number of occasions there were other shoes to drop and other stuff that eventually comes out.  Is what it is, I'm glad he's gone and the act follows him.  People that are in the Just Win camp, will obviously disagree.  I'm not in that camp.  There is a way to do it.  The reboot was necessary IMO.

Do you feel we would have been less squirmy under Buzz if he could have recruited more kids who would get DUI's and run over teammates?
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2015, 09:44:28 AM »
Chicos thinks we should recruit more kids who get hammered enough on their official visits to get their stomach pumped.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2015, 09:46:49 AM »
usually a little charcoal and induced vomiting will do
don't...don't don't don't don't

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2015, 09:51:16 AM »
usually a little charcoal and induced vomiting will do

Not when a state school is a potential deep pockets defendant.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2015, 11:24:25 AM »
Hope Nosko gets everything in order.

And hope Bert enjoys having him in Blacksburg.

The perceived metal makeup of NN makes him a Buzz player if I've ever seen one. I honestly think he will flourish under Buzz should he land in BB
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 11:44:50 AM by NickelDimer »
No Finish Line

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2015, 11:40:41 AM »
Mayo, Burton, Dawson... now Noskowiak. Wojo running kids off left and right. I'm guessing JJJ is next.

Yeah,  Why is That???
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2015, 11:43:20 AM »
Do you feel we would have been less squirmy under Buzz if he could have recruited more kids who would get DUI's and run over teammates?

Nice try.  He's not our coach at MU.  I also don't fault college kids for drinking, it is inevitable.  Kids make stupid decisions at that age, and combine that with alcohol leads to dumb actions.

No, I'm talking about something way beyond that, when adults who should know better are making really stupid, squirmy, etc, decisions....not 17 or 18 year old kids.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2015, 11:50:12 AM »
Given that he left school, was supposedly being treated for depression, went off on his Dad accusing him of abuse, returned to school and now asked out of his NLI (and his second time he backed away from MU), their are a lot of issues here that go way beyond his ability to hit open threes.

Do we know if he is even going to play college basketball next year?  Will he go to prep school?  Maybe he wants a school 2,000 miles from here?  Maybe after some time to clear the air, he re-commits (he did once before).

This is such a unique situation I'm not sure it is a signal of anything.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 11:51:54 AM by Heisenberg »

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2015, 11:53:46 AM »
Chicos thinks we should recruit more kids who get hammered enough on their official visits to get their stomach pumped.

Yeah, that's exactly what he said.  ::) At this point, MU could do a lot worse than go after UW-type recruits.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2015, 12:05:12 PM »
Yeah, that's exactly what he said.  ::) At this point, MU could do a lot worse than go after UW-type recruits.

I find such quotes somewhat annoying.  Guess what, the UW recruits do drugs and make bad decisions also.  If this was meant to imply that skill wise we would of been better off with UW type recruits than Buzz's athletic switchables, I do agree though.

eg021

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2015, 12:13:51 PM »
I'm sure he'll always have a home at Iowa state.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2015, 12:47:40 PM »
I find such quotes somewhat annoying.  Guess what, the UW recruits do drugs and make bad decisions also.  If this was meant to imply that skill wise we would of been better off with UW type recruits than Buzz's athletic switchables, I do agree though.

I'm not the morality police. I'm referring to what happens on the court. UW players can shoot and are smart. No stupid turnovers...no brain-dead fouls 40 feet from the hoop.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2015, 04:15:22 PM »
Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook  1h1 hour ago
California, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois and UNLV have reached out to Nick Noskowiak, per his AAU coach.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2015, 04:22:16 PM »
California, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois and UNLV have reached out to Nick Noskowiak, per his AAU coach.
Hmmmmm........
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2015, 04:27:21 PM »

I remember Illinois really seemed to be on him the last time he reopened his recruitment.

Of course, Ryan and UW want no part of this kid, even though I'm almost positive they have more than one scholarship available for next year.  And he's right in their backyard. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2015, 04:34:13 PM »
I remember Illinois really seemed to be on him the last time he reopened his recruitment.

Of course, Ryan and UW want no part of this kid, even though I'm almost positive they have more than one scholarship available for next year.  And he's right in their backyard. 

They have one and they know that if Diamond gets the grades he's the 1.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback