Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Noskowiak released from NLI  (Read 78741 times)

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
Noskowiak released from NLI
« on: February 13, 2015, 06:15:17 PM »
@MarquetteMBB: #mubb has granted Nick Noskowiak's request for a release from his National Letter of Intent. http://t.co/pqizOxzxDn

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Noskowiak released from NLI
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 06:19:08 PM »
Ok... I thought this dude was all about MU before
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 06:20:14 PM »
Have no idea what's going on but best wishes to Nick.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 06:23:59 PM »
Mayo, Burton, Dawson... now Noskowiak. Wojo running kids off left and right. I'm guessing JJJ is next.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 06:24:25 PM »
Lol, unreal.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 06:26:16 PM »
"Yippie"  :(

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 06:26:38 PM »
What a shock.  Wonder why?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 06:28:32 PM »
Mayo, Burton, Dawson... now Noskowiak. Wojo running kids off left and right. I'm guessing JJJ is next.

Ya Wojo ran him off. There clearly wasn't anything weird going on with Nick at all because most top 100 recruits quit their basketball team, leave school and move in with their uncle
Maigh Eo for Sam

Class71

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 06:32:46 PM »

Do you know something or are you just someone who makes assumptions based on little information? I could give you four reasons why these folks are gone but let's stick to the facts before condemning a coach.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 06:33:28 PM »
Have no idea what's going on but best wishes to Nick.

Not sure Nick does either...sad story.  Will be interesting to see what if anything comes of his basketball career.  Best wishes to the kid.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 06:35:32 PM »

Jesmu - I applaud you for not using Teal.  I know the spirit of your post was sarcastic.  Surprised others aren't picking up on that.

Then again, considering how much roster turmoil there has been in the last 8 months - guess not surprised some don't realize you are kidding.

Mayo, Levin, Burton, Dawson, Nick.  4 open schollies now.  Trust the process?
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 06:39:00 PM »
Do you know something or are you just someone who makes assumptions based on little information? I could give you four reasons why these folks are gone but let's stick to the facts before condemning a coach.

Apologies. Didn't think I needed the teal.

MilWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 06:39:06 PM »
Sad that our fan base only seems to care about how this impacts our team and not for the well-being of a young man going through a tough time in his life. I wish him all the best and hope he finds happiness.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 06:39:23 PM »
Next man up
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 06:42:38 PM »
Weird. Kid probably just wants a fresh start with a school that isnt as familiar with the strange backstory. Probably embarrassing for the kid. Knowing NN was at one one time someone who used social media quite a bit, I wouldn't be all that surprised if all the speculation around him caused this. There has been some really dumb crap said about him on these parts, and my guess is Twitter wasn't much better. I'm bummed.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 06:46:03 PM »
Never know what to expect when I log on here anymore, some good news in the future perhaps?

WarhawkWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 06:50:19 PM »
Man, I don't care what the story is, this sucks royally!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2015, 06:54:29 PM »
Jesmu - I applaud you for not using Teal.  I know the spirit of your post was sarcastic.  Surprised others aren't picking up on that.

Then again, considering how much roster turmoil there has been in the last 8 months - guess not surprised some don't realize you are kidding.

Mayo, Levin, Burton, Dawson, Nick.  4 open schollies now.  Trust the process?

Mayo was gone no matter what.

Friday...time to dump bad news, aina?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 06:58:43 PM »
Weird. Kid probably just wants a fresh start with a school that isnt as familiar with the strange backstory. Probably embarrassing for the kid. Knowing NN was at one one time someone who used social media quite a bit, I wouldn't be all that surprised if all the speculation around him caused this. There has been some really dumb crap said about him on these parts, and my guess is Twitter wasn't much better. I'm bummed.

Twitter played a big part, but not in the way you said.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 07:00:57 PM »
Just yesterday, I wished the kid Good Luck in the other thread and mentioned MU will need a shooter like him.  I was hoping he may read Scoop since he was the one who was big on social media recruiting other players to come to MU.

This story is complex and could probably be an episode on like Dateline.........

There will be numerous accounts of speculation and I hope it can stay sanitary in all the comments.

With what, four open schoolies, most of 2015 players already committed, Wojo and his staff have their work cut out for them.  Big Time.

Best lot luck Nick in your future.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 07:07:16 PM »
NN asked for his release almost 2 weeks ago. MU wanted him to take a little time and hopefully change his mind. He didn't. Life goes on. MU really wants a 2015 pg and have been focused on finding his replacement these last two weeks as a contingency plan. I don't know any more than that, but maybe granting his release means they have found his replacement.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2015, 07:08:22 PM »
Next man up

That's how I feel.  I hope NN gets his life in order, but quite possible this is best for him and MU's program.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2015, 07:09:26 PM »
NN asked for his release almost 2 weeks ago. MU wanted him to take a little time and hopefully change his mind. He didn't. Life goes on. MU really wants a 2015 pg and have been focused on finding his replacement these last two weeks as a contingency plan. I don't know any more than that, but maybe granting his release means they have found his replacement.

Interesting, but if that's the case, Wojo is going to win with or without you son!  Good luck NN.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2015, 07:12:31 PM »

The thing I'm interested in is does he want to play somewhere else or is he taking a break from basketball for a while period?
If he starts opening up recruiting again and commits to a place like ISU (at this rate with our guys, why wouldn't he?) that would raise many red flags IMO.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2015, 07:13:48 PM »
The thing I'm interested in is does he want to play somewhere else or is he taking a break from basketball for a while period?
If he starts opening up recruiting again and commits to a place like ISU (at this rate with our guys, why wouldn't he?) that would raise many red flags IMO.

Red flags such as what?