'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 01:06:27 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 20, 2024, 10:10:15 PM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by Plaque Lives Matter!
[June 20, 2024, 09:51:57 PM]

MU all-time defensive team? by Lennys Tap
[June 20, 2024, 08:26:59 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Warriors4ever
[June 20, 2024, 07:45:38 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Uncle Rico
[June 20, 2024, 05:24:06 PM]

More conference realignment talk by brewcity77
[June 20, 2024, 02:56:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Noskowiak released from NLI  (Read 79097 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Noskowiak released from NLI
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2015, 09:47:38 PM »
We really have no luck.

Yes and no. Better this happen now than in August or December.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2015, 10:13:21 PM »
I was personally done with him when he accepted everyone's heart felt responses to his "depression" and then turned around and said he was never depressed, just in an abusive household. Maybe he's bipolar, who knows.

There were rumors of drug use going back for a few years. I've always been concerned that he got caught again and used a disease that would engender sympathy (depression) to cover other reckless behavior.  Now will I admit, that is just baseless speculation. If he truely battles depression, I wish him the best.  If there's more, I also wish him well.   Tough to see any HS kid struggle. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2015, 10:20:52 PM »
I could see this coming. No shock.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2015, 10:25:33 PM »
It wouldn't be MU if they didn't have to overhaul their roster every year. I've gotten used to the annual drama.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:44:29 PM by Groin_pull »

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2015, 10:48:36 PM »
It wouldn't be MU if there weren't endless drama. It's exhausting. Hard to build a team when every year is a complete overhaul.

Meanwhile, UW just cruises along...smooth and steady.

Chickens are unfortunately coming home to roost for MU after handing the keys to Buzz, and then giving that hillbilly jerk with a giant ego basically free run to do whatever he wanted once he had success.  Sure players came and went under Crean, and that got frustrating, but nowhere near the drama, or head cases that Buzz handed to us.  Ryan and UW stay 10 miles from the type of player MU has commonly been bringing aboard since Scuzz ran things.  Not difficult to understand why they've had roster stability and success.

The good thing is Wojo's a high character guy and is going to end this crap now.  You wonder, did he feel obligated in some way to recruit Noskowiak back to MU, given Buzz's departure?  I'm not saying he did, but the kid has a lot of issues, obviously some of which sadly are by no means his doing if he's being truthful, but there are red flags with him as others have pointed out. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:52:59 PM by HutchwasClutch »

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2015, 10:56:44 PM »
As this season goes on I swear I hate Buzz a little bit more everyday. 

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2015, 10:59:00 PM »
Chickens are unfortunately coming home to roost for MU after handing the keys to Buzz, and then giving that hillbilly jerk with a giant ego basically free run to do whatever he wanted once he had success.  Sure players came and went under Crean, and that got frustrating, but nowhere near the drama, or head cases that Buzz handed to us.  Ryan and UW stay 10 miles from the type of player MU has commonly been bringing aboard since Scuzz ran things.  Not difficult to understand why they've had roster stability and success.

The good thing is Wojo's a high character guy and is going to end this crap now.  You wonder, did he feel obligated in some way to recruit Noskowiak back to MU, given Buzz's departure?  I'm not saying he did, but the kid has a lot of issues, obviously some of which sadly are by no means his doing if he's being truthful, but there are red flags with him as others have pointed out. 

For that, I give UW credit. They avoid this drama and just keep cruising along. Must be nice not to overhaul your roster every year.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2015, 11:01:27 PM »

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2015, 11:03:40 PM »
For that, I give UW credit. They avoid this drama and just keep cruising along. Must be nice not to overhaul your roster every year.

I agree.  I loathe the arrogance of many of their fans, but you can't help but respect what they've had going since Dick Bennett got there.  They run a clean program, recruit good kids who work hard, and develop them.  

Hopefully Wojo can emulate that model here for a number of years.  He certainly had a good teacher to show him that way.  And I believe strongly he will do just that.  Much better times are coming.  
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:05:46 PM by HutchwasClutch »

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2015, 11:09:30 PM »
I agree.  I hate them too, but you can't help but respect what they've had going since Dick Bennett got there.  They run a clean program, recruit good kids who work hard, and develop them. 

Hopefully Wojo can emulate that model here for a number of years.  He certainly had a good teacher to show him that way.  And I believe strongly he will do just that.  Much better times are coming. 

Yeah, it pains me to give them any credit, but I need to. How many consecutive years have they made the NCAA tourney? 10? 15? They avoid this transfer crap...and players they recruit actually make it to campus. What a concept. This has been a rough year...one that I'm ready to forget. At least baseball starts soon.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2015, 11:10:35 PM »
Yeah, it pains me to give them any credit, but I need to. How many consecutive years have they made the NCAA tourney? 10? 15? They avoid this transfer crap...and players they recruit actually make it to campus. What a concept. This has been a rough year...one that I'm ready to forget. At least baseball starts soon.

The last NCAA's they missed was in 1998.  I don't know where that ranks nationally among current streaks, but it's got to be way up there. 

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2015, 11:12:46 PM »
I agree.  I loathe the arrogance of many of their fans, but you can't help but respect what they've had going since Dick Bennett got there.  They run a clean program, recruit good kids who work hard, and develop them.  

Hopefully Wojo can emulate that model here for a number of years.  He certainly had a good teacher to show him that way.  And I believe strongly he will do just that.  Much better times are coming.  
Hutch is speaking my language. Wisconsin has essentially become what Indiana once was. Marquette wants to be a good, clean program. We were becoming shady under Buzz.

Wojo is going to build a program to be proud of...no drama.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2015, 11:20:05 PM »
Wisconsin has essentially become what Indiana once was.

I hear what you're saying, but they've got to...gulp....start winning championships (God forbid) to truly become Indiana 2.0.   That and turning some kids into successful NBA players.  Do they have anyone left in the league?  See, we still have huge bragging rights in that respect over them.  No contest. 

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2015, 11:21:13 PM »
Hutch is speaking my language. Wisconsin has essentially become what Indiana once was. Marquette wants to be a good, clean program. We were becoming shady under Buzz.

Wojo is going to build a program to be proud of...no drama.

I have no worries about the character of the kids in the program under Wojo. Just hope we can start winning. Hopefully this is the last selection Sunday for awhile that we don't hear our name called.

21rooster

• Starter
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2015, 11:25:16 PM »
I have no worries about the character of the kids in the program under Wojo. Just hope we can start winning. Hopefully this is the last selection Sunday for awhile that we don't hear our name called.

I don't hope for that.  That would imply we only get one year of HE.  I'm hoping for two.  

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2015, 11:29:58 PM »
I don't hope for that.  That would imply we only get one year of HE.  I'm hoping for two.  

Huh?-( ?-( ?-( ?-(
Do you hear what you're saying about our program?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2015, 11:30:49 PM »
In the age of the internet his back story will be discussed ad nauseam wherever he goes.  In a lot of ways, I think that coming here would have been the quickest way for him to move on.

Meh, yes and no. Sure it'd probably be brought up, but I doubt it would be talked about nearly as often since no one here really knows whats happening anyway. The fans and students at the new school certainly are not going to know. So I disagree.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2015, 11:32:15 PM »

What a dumb comment.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2015, 11:37:52 PM »

I don't get it

21rooster

• Starter
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2015, 11:50:58 PM »
Tired and too much beer. I was thinking draft day, not selection Sunday.  Time for bed.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2015, 12:26:09 AM »
There were rumors of drug use going back for a few years. I've always been concerned that he got caught again and used a disease that would engender sympathy (depression) to cover other reckless behavior.  Now will I admit, that is just baseless speculation. If he truely battles depression, I wish him the best.  If there's more, I also wish him well.   Tough to see any HS kid struggle. 
Please let's refrain from this kind of post.  I would much rather read between the lines than have this in print about ANYONE, let alone a teenage kid, whether it's true or not.  I encourage the moderators to remove the above post as well as my reference to it.  It's just not right.

Lens - this is not an attack on you.  I know your statement was supportive.  Please don't take this the wrong way. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2015, 05:50:48 AM »
I could see this coming. No shock.

ya did, didja.  well, when?  after nn tweeted his thingy about depression?  ya see prior to that, all was looking pretty good-he was having one helluva start to the season...it would be like if henry all of a sudden drops out and says he only wants to focus on his band-wretched johnny and the dry heaves...didja see that one coming too?  these are good kids who react differently to the pressures.  and the talent vultures that surround them.  what's the theory, if you don't have them by the age of____?  you've lost them.  once they hit a certain age, your parenting is done-ask todd marinovich about that
don't...don't don't don't don't

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2015, 06:01:09 AM »
http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1511625-top-5-available-senior-pgs

Here's the top 5 PGs available from Scout, add Nick to make it top 6.  Maybe Wojo has someone lined up. 

LoVett seems like he might be difficult to handle. Every high major that recruited him has backed way off except Lavin at St John's. Carter would be a dream get. Some injury history but a great skill set. Top 100 caliber player. And for humor value, Marquette has watched D. Wilson. 2-star recruit by most services. I still think we will add a JUCO point as well.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2015, 06:29:40 AM »
As this season goes on I swear I hate Buzz a little bit more everyday. 
Thank you phony downhome cowboy Buzzster.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

feedback