Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Maurice O'Field - 2015 - 6'5" SF from Midland College  (Read 73318 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Maurice O'Field - 2015 - 6'5" SF from Midland College
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2015, 10:26:22 AM »
With SMU possibly facing probation, their entire team may be considering transferring. Anyone adding Moore is basically adding a one-year All-American level PG. While it's no given, his name will be in the rumor mill.
If the guy is all American level, Calcheatucky will be lurking. Many of their players are one and two year rentals.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2015, 10:30:12 AM »
FWIW, Moore is from Warsaw, IN where the Plumlees originated from, so there is a small possible connection between Wojo and him already.  Sultan, any idea?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2015, 10:31:23 AM »
FWIW, Moore is from Warsaw, IN where the Plumlees originated from, so there is a small possible connection between Wojo and him already.  Sultan, any idea?

#donedeal

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2015, 02:58:51 PM »
Brew--is there any new info on SMU's probation?  I heard about this awhile back, but haven't heard of anything recently. 

Do you think that this is something that will happen with any certainty or is it just a possibility?

For me, Nic Moore is total pipe dream. No idea if he will leave SMU, if he does no idea if he'll try to play collegiate or pro ball, and no idea of there'd be interest on either side. No reason to think this is possible other than a blind dreamer's hopes.

Even if they go on probation, what makes you think Nic Moore will come to MU?  Sounds like a real long reach, but a good one if it could happen.  Make them a really good team next year.

No idea if he would be, but he is a Midwestern native and could see minutes with a team that has some real talent at 2-5. Of course, I'm sure there are 50 other coaches that would try a similar pitch. He would be in high demand.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2015, 03:16:11 PM »
OK, maybe a pipe dream on this Moore kid, he is still playing for SMU and he is not from Wisconsin, etc. and many other variables. 

Then there is Carter from another thread, both PGs.

My question to those in Chicago area, what ever happened to Marcus Lovett?  I saw a clip of him and he looks awesome as a PG.  The Rivals page does not have him interested in MU, but I recall other threads about him.  Any insights, not speculation on Lovett? 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2015, 04:42:56 PM »
With SMU possibly facing probation, their entire team may be considering transferring. Anyone adding Moore is basically adding a one-year All-American level PG. While it's no given, his name will be in the rumor mill.

Heck with SMU's players....

How many UNC or Syracuse players can we grab when they inevitably get probation?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2015, 05:09:02 PM »
Heck with SMU's players....

How many UNC or Syracuse players can we grab when they inevitably get probation?

Tokoto IS coming back!!!!!!!!!!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2015, 05:19:23 PM »
Tokoto IS coming back!!!!!!!!!!

To the Bucks!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2015, 06:01:11 PM »
Tokoto hasn't done much.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2015, 06:24:36 PM »
OK, maybe a pipe dream on this Moore kid, he is still playing for SMU and he is not from Wisconsin, etc. and many other variables. 

Then there is Carter from another thread, both PGs.

My question to those in Chicago area, what ever happened to Marcus Lovett?  I saw a clip of him and he looks awesome as a PG.  The Rivals page does not have him interested in MU, but I recall other threads about him.  Any insights, not speculation on Lovett? 

There was an article back in September that had an interview with LoVett where he said Marquette was on the top of his list, along with two other schools. Haven't heard heads or tails of him since. Seems like there was some cooling on both sides
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2015, 06:26:08 PM »
Tokoto hasn't done much.

If Tokoto can be the second top minutes guy for the 12th best team in the country...imagine what he could be on our squad
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2015, 08:09:51 AM »
There was an article back in September that had an interview with LoVett where he said Marquette was on the top of his list, along with two other schools. Haven't heard heads or tails of him since. Seems like there was some cooling on both sides

When wasting time on twitter last night I saw @prepbullseye (Roy Schmidt out of Chicago) tweet that Marcus is a heavy St. John's lean. Apparently Roy had a conversation with his dad recently and his dad hinted that St. John's is the clear cut favorite.
Bring back FFP!!!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2015, 08:14:12 AM »
When wasting time on twitter last night I saw @prepbullseye (Roy Schmidt out of Chicago) tweet that Marcus is a heavy St. John's lean. Apparently Roy had a conversation with his dad recently and his dad hinted that St. John's is the clear cut favorite.

He was almost certainly headed to Kansas or Illinois in the fall.  Then it looks as though Kansas pulled the offer and Illinois doesn't seem interested any longer. 

I wonder what's going on here.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2015, 08:27:51 AM »

He was almost certainly headed to Kansas or Illinois in the fall.  Then it looks as though Kansas pulled the offer and Illinois doesn't seem interested any longer. 

I wonder what's going on here.

The dad was quoted as saying "It's St John's and no one else." That sure makes it sound like everyone else backed off. And considering Lavin seems to be a talent over team guy, that makes sense.

I don't know enough about the LoVett family to say one way or the other, but it does look like a lot of smart staffs aren't pursuing this kid.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2015, 09:41:04 AM »
Brad Winton ‏@JucoRecruiting  21m21 minutes ago
Marquette was in last night to watch Maurice O'Field (6'5/G/2015) from Midland College: http://www.jucorecruiting.com/maurice-ofield-midland-college-basketball#

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

tower912

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2015, 09:44:44 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that Wojo is frantically playing catch up?   He thought he had his class and was set.   And now he is learning one of Buzz's lessons....... never stop recruiting.   From the outside, it appears that he DID stop and lost all of his recruiting momentum.    Dawson/Burton/NN later, he is suddenly short on bodies for next year and is casting around.    It suddenly feels like Buzz all over again, when we would hear every day about somebody else that Buzz had offered.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2015, 10:00:26 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that Wojo is frantically playing catch up?   He thought he had his class and was set.   And now he is learning one of Buzz's lessons....... never stop recruiting.   From the outside, it appears that he DID stop and lost all of his recruiting momentum.    Dawson/Burton/NN later, he is suddenly short on bodies for next year and is casting around.    It suddenly feels like Buzz all over again, when we would hear every day about somebody else that Buzz had offered.   

The Noskowiak situation came out of nowhere.  Burton and Dawson were Buzz's guys.  If and when this stuff happens with Wojo's recruits, I'll have some concern.  Roster instability is one of the few aspects of high major basketball that a Duke assistant doesn't get a strong background in.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2015, 10:07:35 AM »
The Noskowiak situation came out of nowhere. 

Seriously? I've been concerned about that whole situation for months.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2015, 10:09:16 AM »
I understand that NN came out of the blue and that Dawson/Burton were Buzz guys.   From the cheap seats, it appears that he didn't allow for the possibility of roster upheaval.    And, IMO, that is a rookie mistake.   He didn't have a plan for roster upheaval.   It wasn't part of his experience at Duke.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2015, 10:13:18 AM »

I get the same feeling. Hopefully Wojo can regain his momentum. I don't know how good Carter, O'Field, Amin, etc., are but the team needs help next year. If Henry is the real deal I would hate to waste it.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2015, 10:33:27 AM »

Because he is.  That's why the cavalier attitude of "Next man up," and "Wojo will find guys that fit his style/prototype, and buy into Wojo's Way," is a very dangerous line of thinking.  This is also partially why I felt he was playing Russian Roulette with JJJ - considering having lost Dawson and Burton, and then with the Nick N situation being dicey at best - it was very conceivable we'd have 4 open scholarships, and if JJJ were to leave - that's 5.

Recruiting to Marquette ain't easy, and though Wojo struck some early gold with Henry, and solid appearing prospects in Heldt and Cheatham - he now has to recruit with his first year coaching record on display. Furthermore has to recruit having lost two of his guys that originally stayed with him - Dawson and Burton.

Competition is fierce for these remaining top prospects.  I'll feel MUCH better if Wojo can reel in a guy like Carter who other high majors are hot for.  Anim?  Well, he'll fill a spot on the bench next year, yet University of Minnesota, right in his backyard isn't recruiting him.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2015, 10:34:25 AM »
I understand that NN came out of the blue and that Dawson/Burton were Buzz guys.   From the cheap seats, it appears that he didn't allow for the possibility of roster upheaval.    And, IMO, that is a rookie mistake.   He didn't have a plan for roster upheaval.   It wasn't part of his experience at Duke.  
You are right about that. Roster upheaval at Duke is pretty much never a factor there, because transfers are almost non-existent, and they have plenty of quality to backfill if somebody does rarely leave. And Duke probably had two or three JUCO's in K's 30 years there. (If even that many).

But hey, Are we not now the Duke of the Midwest, and the BEast?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2015, 10:39:20 AM »

A Marquette assistant watched Midland and Lee Colleges play on November 2nd and they've been monitoring Maurice O'Field and Tyrone Outlaw Jr. since, so this is hardly a reaction.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2015, 10:39:49 AM »

This might be true. I have no insight into what Wojo was doing/feeling. But we've been interested in O'Field for awhile and it's not the first time we've been mentioned with him. This is nothing new. Lots of high majors are on him.

feedback