[Today at 11:08:12 AM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by WhiteTrash
[Today at 11:02:55 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MuggsyB
[Today at 10:56:27 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by Herman Cain
[June 07, 2024, 09:51:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Best part of the game Saturday...  (Read 12995 times)

ATLmarquettefan

• Scholarship Player
Best part of the game Saturday...
« on: December 07, 2014, 06:12:15 PM »
Happened when Marquette trolled Bo Ryan by playing the Grinch theme song while he was arguing with a ref about a call.

This has been done in the NBA as well http://deadspin.com/the-kings-introduced-the-warriors-with-the-full-house-t-1653334097

Would love if Marquette continued this trend.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Best part of the game Saturday...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 06:21:20 PM »
Vadger fans were not pleased...One of the parents behind the bench flipped off the jumbotron.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 06:23:40 PM »
Vadger fans were not pleased...One of the parents behind the bench flipped off the jumbotron.

Then it absolutely, positively must become a tradition. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 06:25:05 PM »
The guys that run the sound there have a great sense of humor. 

I laughed my ass off at what they did during the bat incident last year.
Have some patience, FFS.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 06:27:06 PM »
Then it absolutely, positively must become a tradition. 

Pretty sure some people really upset Sam Dekker's mom. People were ruthless to Dekker in the first half (myself included) and his mom must hahave changed seats at halftime cause she was nowhere to be seen.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 06:28:34 PM »
Pretty sure some people really upset Sam Dekker's mom. People were ruthless to Dekker in the first half (myself included) and his mom must hahave changed seats at halftime cause she was nowhere to be seen.

Neither was Sam.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 06:39:42 PM »
Some of my personal favorite one liners from Saturday.

"Aaron Harison says hi"

"How much did your parents pay the scout sites for your 5 star ranking" (in regards to Dekker)

There was also one regarding pearl harbor and the Badgers championship which I can't quite remember.

Also, any of the Frank Kaminsky signs were pretty funny.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 07:23:47 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 08:14:50 PM »

Also, any of the Frank Kaminsky signs were pretty funny.

I thought this sign was funny:  "Frank Kaminsky uses Internet Explorer"
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 09:04:04 PM »
The grinch song was awesome.    Have a different take on Dekker - heard from a very good source his ankle is not right. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 09:04:55 PM »
The grinch song was awesome.    Have a different take on Dekker - heard from a very good source his ankle is not right. 

Then sit down.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 09:18:19 PM »
I might be mistaken, but I thought they've played the Grinch tune before, like 2 years ago or 4.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2014, 09:20:20 PM »
Then sit down.

If you're on the court, you can play. No interest in excuses.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2014, 10:55:16 PM »
If you're on the court, you can play. No interest in excuses.

Then sit down.

Being hampered by a injury is not an excuse. It's a legitimate concern that will slow you down while playing. But even slowed down, Sam Dekker is a better player for Bucky than a healthy Vitto Brown (or whoever Bo would pull off the bench to replace him).

People glorify Michael Jordan for dropping 33 (IIRC) against the Jazz in the playoffs when he had the flu. It's an amazing feat because he wasn't playing healthy. You can't be impressed by Jordan's game without acknowledging the difficulty of battling an injury.

Now it would be different if Dekker was out there telling people "I'm injured so I get a pass." But from what I could see, he went out there and played over half the game without complaint.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 09:21:17 AM »
I might be mistaken, but I thought they've played the Grinch tune before, like 2 years ago or 4.

You're right, this is definitely not the first time I've heard it when Bo was in the house.

But it was played at the absolute perfect time this game, when Bo was arguing a call and delaying the game.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 09:27:51 AM »
I thought this sign was funny:  "Frank Kaminsky uses Internet Explorer"

Kaminsky Uses Netscape Navigator

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 09:33:19 AM »
One of the best parts of the game for me was listening to the outstanding announcing duo of Marv Albert and Greg Anthony.

Marv unfortunately confused Derrick and Duane a few times -- although their performances ended up being similar, it still was an announcing no-no -- but otherwise he demonstrated why he is the greatest basketball play-by-play man on the planet. And Anthony is one of the best analysts out there.

Unlike other games, I was never tempted to mute the announcers!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 09:39:40 AM »
One of the best parts of the game for me was listening to the outstanding announcing duo of Marv Albert and Greg Anthony.

Marv unfortunately confused Derrick and Duane a few times -- although their performances ended up being similar, it still was an announcing no-no -- but otherwise he demonstrated why he is the greatest basketball play-by-play man on the planet. And Anthony is one of the best analysts out there.

I think Greg Anthony is a really, really under appreciated announcer.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 11:03:27 AM »

Being hampered by a injury is not an excuse. It's a legitimate concern that will slow you down while playing. But even slowed down, Sam Dekker is a better player for Bucky than a healthy Vitto Brown (or whoever Bo would pull off the bench to replace him).

People glorify Michael Jordan for dropping 33 (IIRC) against the Jazz in the playoffs when he had the flu. It's an amazing feat because he wasn't playing healthy. You can't be impressed by Jordan's game without acknowledging the difficulty of battling an injury.

Now it would be different if Dekker was out there telling people "I'm injured so I get a pass." But from what I could see, he went out there and played over half the game without complaint.

When we're talking 1 game, sure it's impressive to go out there and perform well despite an injury.  But when we're talking about an ankle sprain he suffered in the preseason and we're now 2 months past that, either sit down and heal it or quit talking about it.  He is what he is at this point of the season, in my mind, and what he is is an incredibly overrated, soft player.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 11:03:39 AM »
I think Greg Anthony is a really, really under appreciated announcer.

Agreed.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 11:12:24 AM »
When we're talking 1 game, sure it's impressive to go out there and perform well despite an injury.  But when we're talking about an ankle sprain he suffered in the preseason and we're now 2 months past that, either sit down and heal it or quit talking about it.  He is what he is at this point of the season, in my mind, and what he is is an incredibly overrated, soft player.

I may be mistaken but my understanding was that while the initial injury happened during the pre-season, he took a hard fall against Duke and aggravated it.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 11:35:46 AM »

Marv is right up there, but I think Dick Enberg is the greatest. Just my humble opinion.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 11:47:58 AM »
I may be mistaken but my understanding was that while the initial injury happened during the pre-season, he took a hard fall against Duke and aggravated it.

Maybe true.  I thought everything I had heard was that he's been "battling an ankle injury" since the preseason.  Either way, I'm just personally not a fan of his game.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 12:37:34 PM »
Marv is right up there, but I think Dick Enberg is the greatest. Just my humble opinion.

I used to like Enberg as well, but we'll differ on opinions some on this one.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 04:35:48 PM »
Maybe true.  I thought everything I had heard was that he's been "battling an ankle injury" since the preseason.  Either way, I'm just personally not a fan of his game.

Seems ironic that someone who goes by "wadesworld" would say that a lingering injury is no excuse for a sub-par performance.