[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Get off the ledge  (Read 12653 times)

Lighthouse 84

• All American
Get off the ledge
« on: November 22, 2014, 03:41:19 PM »
 A poor game all around.  Positives?  Duane and Derrick. On offense.  Other than that?  Not much.  Sandy is a keeper and will get stronger.  Maybe this loss will kick them in the ass for the rest of the season.  There's a lot of work to do all around, especially on D.  97 points?  F%$*!

JJJ no time in the second half.  Teve had very little impact.  JD again a no show.   

For those who think a mistake was made on Wojo, get serious.  No one figured this team to be very good, especially with Luke not on the court until December 14.  Give him time to get all the players back this year and HIS players next year.  It's maybe expected from some of the newbies on this board to go off the deep end, but it surprises me about some of the vets to have that attitude.  Wojo will be fine.

Go Warriors.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Get off the ledge
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 03:43:47 PM »
A first time head coach, with a very young and very inexperienced team, is struggling early in the season? And this is the team who didn't go to the NIT and then proceeded to lose a ton of points, rebounds and minutes from last season? This is a total shocker!

Seriously, just read the thread title and breathe. This season is a building season and a season to gain experience and grow. No need for all the hyperbole or ripping on the players and coach.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 03:44:06 PM »
Thank you.  There's no denying it was an utterly embarrassing effort but some people need to get a grip and gain some perspective.  Judge this team on the progress (or lack of) from now until the end of the season.  

If our defense still looks like this come up February/March then fire away.  

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 03:44:08 PM »
Nah, for those of you on the ledge...go ahead and jump
No Finish Line

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 03:45:49 PM »
You can't lose to Nebraska Omaha by a bunch. Err he does not have the personality to be a clash of inner city players

PVMagic

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 03:46:12 PM »
Exactly.

This may not be the worst game this team plays this year.  They are very inexperienced, have an inexperienced head coach, have major gaps (especially without Fischer), and will have some pretty ugly days.  I also (still) expect better, more consistent play by January, and expect us to steal a game or two we shouldn't.  My biggest concern is how this will affect our tourney seed for 2016.

On the plus side, the game looked halfway decent on my iPad on my fox sports app.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 03:46:23 PM »
You can't lose to Nebraska Omaha by a bunch. Err he does not have the personality to be a clash of inner city players

Translation, anyone?

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 03:47:06 PM »
A poor game all around.  Positives?  Duane and Derrick. On offense.  Other than that?  Not much.  Sandy is a keeper and will get stronger.  Maybe this loss will kick them in the ass for the rest of the season.  There's a lot of work to do all around, especially on D.  97 points?  F%$*!

JJJ no time in the second half.  Teve had very little impact.  JD again a no show.   

For those who think a mistake was made on Wojo, get serious.  No one figured this team to be very good, especially with Luke not on the court until December 14.  Give him time to get all the players back this year and HIS players next year.  It's maybe expected from some of the newbies on this board to go off the deep end, but it surprises me about some of the vets to have that attitude.  Wojo will be fine.

Go Warriors.

Fine, but people can't have it both ways.  Look at all the optimistic people who said the team would be improved because we had a coach who would play the right players.  Too many people here wearing blue and gold goggles.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 03:49:02 PM »
Translation, anyone?
Read it twice...I got nothing. Probably for the best
No Finish Line

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 03:49:31 PM »
I will not feel better until we play a top 100 team and don't give up a ton of transition baskets.  We have played two good offenses (yes, I think Omaha is a good offense, obviously horrible defensively) and each of them ran layup drills.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 03:51:43 PM »
Lots of talk about the D. How about our 22% 3 point shooting and how about that rebounding? We have more than just a few holes besides being vertically challenged.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

nyg

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 03:52:45 PM »
Not on the ledge, but with the players on the roster, there is no reason to lose that game at home.  This is a Summitt League team with one/maybe a two star players.  Wojo will work out the playing time, etc., but I am sure he and his staff are in a state of shock as we type.  This team will be chucking up threes every game and if they don't fall, trouble.  

Georgia Tech, maybe Michigan State, Wisconsin and then Arizona State.  Gauntlet for them.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 03:53:24 PM »
I will not feel better until we play a top 100 team and don't give up a ton of transition baskets.  We have played two good offenses (yes, I think Omaha is a good offense, obviously horrible defensively) and each of them ran layup drills.

Wondering if Wojo doesn't have personality to teach inner city players.  

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 03:54:02 PM »
The only reasonable measure of this team is how much they improve from now until February.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 03:54:32 PM »

Thinly veiled racism. Very nice
No Finish Line

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 03:54:46 PM »
Lots of talk about the D. How about our 22% 3 point shooting and how about that rebounding? We have more than just a few holes besides being vertically challenged.

The poor shooting to me is different than the rebounding and defense.  There are going to be games where you just don't make shots, especially if you don't have guys that don't have a track record of being good 3 point shooters.

Defense and rebounding can come down to effort and positioning and that's where I expect (hope) to see improvement moving forward.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 03:56:22 PM »

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 03:57:17 PM »
I thought I saw that Omaha was #2 in tempo. Will be interesting to see if that holds up. Nonetheless, every opposing coach is going to watch this tape.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 03:58:14 PM »
Third Eye Blind - Jumper (Complete Official Music…: http://youtu.be/lObgLdtXYpU

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 03:58:23 PM »

You're the lamest person on the board.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 03:59:48 PM »
I'm not on the edge bc I assumed we would stink. I didn't think lose to Omaha stink but bad nevertheless. Now I don't believe that has any bearing on our long term (beyond this season)outlook. Next year and beyond I am confident we will be fine.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 04:00:02 PM »

Says the guy from Skokie...

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 04:00:23 PM »
You're the lamest person on the board.
+ the maximum

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2014, 04:00:33 PM »
Thinly veiled racism. Very nice
apparently everyone someone mentions rave it is racism?
Anyways teaching students from different backgrounds takes a different set of skills. You can white and still be a great teacher to inner city youth. Take Bruce pearl or Buzz for example. Bo, Wojo and others might have other qualities

Class71

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2014, 04:00:48 PM »
The poor shooting to me is different than the rebounding and defense.  There are going to be games where you just don't make shots, especially if you don't have guys that don't have a track record of being good 3 point shooters.

Defense and rebounding can come down to effort and positioning and that's where I expect (hope) to see improvement moving forward.

Do not disagree with your comments. Just not as optimistic that Luke or more practice is going to help that much. Wojo correctly focused on D this past week and it looks like they went in reverse.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵