Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Butler coach takes medical leave  (Read 20522 times)

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Butler coach takes medical leave
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 12:16:20 PM »
Alright, that moves us up to eighth in the conference!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 01:00:11 PM »
Butler has had a rough go of it since entering the Big East.  Hope they can turn it around.

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 01:38:45 PM »

Care to elaborate on the context of your teal?

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 01:44:55 PM »
Care to elaborate on the context of your teal?

It means Villanova and Georgetown are finishing 9th and 10th, respectively. ;D

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 01:48:19 PM »
It means Villanova and Georgetown are finishing 9th and 10th, respectively. ;D

If you look at the standings upside down. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 01:51:04 PM »

More bovine effluent

Quit being so down on us. We have a young talented team and a new coach that will surprise the NCAA when we make it and do well.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 01:56:18 PM »
More bovine effluent

Quit being so down on us. We have a young talented team and a new coach that will surprise the NCAA when we make it and do well.

Final four or you're wrong!
Maigh Eo for Sam

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 03:23:42 PM »
I was speaking more to someone apparently trying to spin this person's medical hardship as an MU basketball windfall, as if doing it facetiously somehow makes it ok

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 03:46:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/SIPeteThamel/status/517719734931169280

From Jeff Goodman's twitter feed:

"Sad news of Butler’s Brandon Milller taking leave of absence. Close friends of his told me he has basically been out of contact for months."

"They also said that virtually no one saw him out in July during recruiting period. Would not be shocked if he does not return."

"Miller left the business a few years back at assistant at Ohio State for what sources told ESPN were stress-related issues."

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 03:54:14 PM »
I was speaking more to someone apparently trying to spin this person's medical hardship as an MU basketball windfall, as if doing it facetiously somehow makes it ok

Come on guy chill out. It's not like he said it seriously, everybody's humor is different not all of us can have your apparently perfect PG sense
Maigh Eo for Sam

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 04:23:18 PM »

Little'murs'Ellensen was referencing a magazine ranking (Lindy's?) that had MU ranked 9th in a preseason Big East prognostication.  Butler was ranked ahead of MU.  So if Butler under achieved as a result of Miller's leave then MU would benefit by one spot in the rankings.  Not sure moving up to 8th from 9th in some erroneous basketball magazine's rankings counts as a 'windfall'.  It was a light-hearted response to a serious issue, aimed at a silly ranking, but I guess in this age of 'outrage' bringing a little levity to these situations would be considered 'disgusting'. 

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2014, 04:32:28 PM »

"Sad news of Butler’s Brandon Milller taking leave of absence. Close friends of his told me he has basically been out of contact for months."

"They also said that virtually no one saw him out in July during recruiting period. Would not be shocked if he does not return."

"Miller left the business a few years back at assistant at Ohio State for what sources told ESPN were stress-related issues."

Wow. Good luck to Miller. Hope he gets some help and gets out of the pressure cooker that is college coaching.
We Are Marquette

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2014, 04:38:08 PM »

I feel sorry for him. At the time Butler was hiring him they were also looking at anothe Butler alum. They should go to the other guy now. Stress is a huge part of the job and if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2014, 04:50:05 PM »
From CBS Sports Gary Parrish:

Butler coach Brandon Miller is taking a medical leave of absence from the Bulldogs program to address an unspecified medical issue, the school announced Thursday afternoon.

No additional details were released.

Assistant Chris Holtman will serve as the interim coach.

"Brandon Miller has requested a leave of absence for medical reasons, which the university has granted," said Butler athletic director Barry Collier. "We are not in a position to further elaborate and we ask that everyone respect Brandon's privacy."

Miller, 35, replaced Brad Stevens last season and led Butler to a 14-17 record.

The Bulldogs finished 4-14 in the Big East.

Hoping the best for Brandon Miller.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 10:41:31 PM »
I said before and i will say it now, allowing butler into the BE was a collossal mistake

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 10:42:49 PM »
I said before and i will say it now, allowing butler into the BE was a collossal mistake

Haha
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 10:56:53 PM »
Come on guy chill out. It's not like he said it seriously, everybody's humor is different not all of us can have your apparently perfect PG sense

Little'murs'Ellensen was referencing a magazine ranking (Lindy's?) that had MU ranked 9th in a preseason Big East prognostication.  Butler was ranked ahead of MU.  So if Butler under achieved as a result of Miller's leave then MU would benefit by one spot in the rankings.  Not sure moving up to 8th from 9th in some erroneous basketball magazine's rankings counts as a 'windfall'.  It was a light-hearted response to a serious issue, aimed at a silly ranking, but I guess in this age of 'outrage' bringing a little levity to these situations would be considered 'disgusting'. 

Thanks to those of you who caught the drift.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:03:05 PM by LittleEllenson »

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 10:58:39 PM »
More bovine effluent

I'm not sure how you misread that as "down on us", it was in teal.  I dare to think that we will be better than ninth in the conference even without mishaps befalling other teams.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 11:07:04 PM »

So you're spinning this as Butler is better off without Brandon Milller?

Not OK.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2014, 12:02:04 AM »

So Butler's coach takes a medical leave of absence and that means they don't belong in the BEast?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 06:00:09 AM »
So Butler's coach takes a medical leave of absence and that means they don't belong in the BEast?

Not in particular, i stand by my statement tho, they will be like depauls redheaded step child.  Nothing butler says big east.  Butler screams horizon/midmajor
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 06:02:30 AM by River rat »

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 06:05:42 AM »
Not in particular, i stand by my statement tho, they will be like depauls redheaded step child.  Nothing butler says big east.  Butler screams horizon/midmajor
I agree.

Irishdawg

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 07:03:01 AM »

That's not a very good sign for you guys then.  Don't disagree with the sentiment though.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2014, 08:15:19 AM »
OK, drop them back to the A-10 (or as it should be known, the Big East's triple A league) and bring up Dayton. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback