Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Butler coach takes medical leave  (Read 20521 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Butler coach takes medical leave
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2014, 03:42:48 PM »
That was a huge play.  Dudley was inconsistent in any event.

MU vs KSU in Oklahoma City at the Myriad was the first game of that double header. Wake Forest vs Arkansas played after us. Between games Al went off on a tirade about the refs, NCAA, and smoke-filled rooms. Pissed that his team was down 8 at the half and had to bust their collective nuts just to pull out a 1 point win, because of many questionable calls. He insinuated, as only Al could, that the NCAA was out to get him and subsequently MU too. Butch was huge with somethin' like 26.
BTW, Dudley sat next to me for the Wake/Ark. game. As I remember it today, like it was yesterday, he was a nice talkative, young man.
Two days later, BT played outta his coconut. Named Chevrolet Player of the Game. Somehow, Bernard couldn't believe he didn't get a 'vette for his efforts.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2014, 04:31:11 PM »
MU vs KSU in Oklahoma City at the Myriad was the first game of that double header. Wake Forest vs Arkansas played after us. Between games Al went off on a tirade about the refs, NCAA, and smoke-filled rooms. Pissed that his team was down 8 at the half and had to bust their collective nuts just to pull out a 1 point win, because of many questionable calls. He insinuated, as only Al could, that the NCAA was out to get him and subsequently MU too. Butch was huge with somethin' like 26.
BTW, Dudley sat next to me for the Wake/Ark. game. As I remember it today, like it was yesterday, he was a nice talkative, young man.
Two days later, BT played outta his coconut. Named Chevrolet Player of the Game. Somehow, Bernard couldn't believe he didn't get a 'vette for his efforts.
Bernard did earn his nickname... Looney Toone.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2014, 05:22:06 PM »

Dudley did more than pierce clouds while at MU...

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2014, 05:59:38 PM »
Are you outing River rat using his Al-given nickname?

CP is one of about 8 or 9 usernames that he has used here over the years along with Canadian Dimes, Ahoya Ball Scout, Mr. Hayward, Blackswan, etc.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2014, 06:06:01 PM »
CP is one of about 8 or 9 usernames that he has used here over the years along with Canadian Dimes, Ahoya Ball Scout, Mr. Hayward, Blackswan, etc.

Ahhh.  HaywardsHeros, too?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2014, 07:43:13 PM »
I agree they have been good for the last 10-15 years , no one can argue differently.  But let us not forget that historically they have not been any good, historically have been in a low major conference, and historically have been the 4-th to 7th best program in their own state.  Sorry but Butler does not drive eyeballs in Indy.
  I hope I am wrong but being around it i can tell you they have been an after thought at best in hoops in Indiana for ever, to recruits and everyone else, they caught lightning in a bottle which while considered cute by Hoosiers in no way changed anyones perception of the little D3 type school in Indy.  well the once in a lifetime players left and they are right back to where they were before, with no coache and a much higher mountain to climb to even be a .500 conference team.  
I am also concerned that like MU 30 years ago theyfeel they can do what they have always donebecuase they were successful that way, which means they are incredibly low budget versus other high major team and run a nice folksy program.  It wont work until I see Butler commit tens of millions towards becoming a true powerhouse my mind will not change. And slapping some paint on hinkle does not qualify.   
10-15 years is a decent base line to work off of. Once they get past this bump in the road they will be fine.  I think they will surprise a few people this year. One of their better players is back from injury and the interim coach has a good track record and success turning around a D-1 program.  The other thing that needs to be considered is that Butler is actually a popular school to attend. For certain recruits the combination of that and the visibility of the Big East is a nice package.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2014, 08:00:54 PM »
How u say... "false" ????

Butler made a questionable hire and is paying for it, but it's bigger than this particular hire. Good luck to them. Ooofta.

I suppose it depends on your definition of high major worthy. They brought in the #64 class last year. That puts them in the top 20% of recruiting classes, its looking like they will probably end up in about the same place in 2015. I wasn't talking top of the high majors, just enough to be worthy of being a bottom end high major team.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2014, 08:42:09 PM »
I suppose it depends on your definition of high major worthy. They brought in the #64 class last year. That puts them in the top 20% of recruiting classes, its looking like they will probably end up in about the same place in 2015. I wasn't talking top of the high majors, just enough to be worthy of being a bottom end high major team.

This well written article also points out that they are picking up a McDonalds All American as a transfer from North Carolina State.
http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/butler-opens-practice-heading-into-unchartered-coaching-waters-100314

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2015, 12:08:14 AM »
I said before and i will say it now, allowing butler into the BE was a collossal mistake

just makes me laugh.....

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2015, 02:46:38 AM »
just makes me laugh.....

Wouldn't the Zags look great in the BE right about now

Death on call

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2015, 07:30:42 AM »

Yes, definitely.

Too bad Spokane is as we say here in New England, "Can't get there from here."

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2015, 08:20:49 AM »
Whoever said Butler has a low budget must not have seen the bleachers rip out and new chairback seats with more room for their fans to sit. Plus, a brand new scoreboard.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2015, 09:26:18 AM »

Nope.

They look overrated again this year....and the travel and expense not worth it.  If they relocate their campus to Minnesota, I'm all in.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2015, 10:39:05 AM »
Nope.

They look overrated again this year....and the travel and expense not worth it.  If they relocate their campus to Minnesota, I'm all in.

I agree overrated. Zags are going to get sent home early as a high seed, which is pretty much their MO at this point. Can't beat a higher seed, often upset by a lower seed.

feedback