[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ray Rice let go by Ravens  (Read 93277 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Ray Rice let go by Ravens
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2014, 01:40:30 PM »
It doesn't matter because any reasonable person understood what happened in the elevator.

Any reasonable person knows what happened to Greg Hardy situation.....so why are we treating it differently?

VIDEO

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2014, 01:45:53 PM »
The NFL is a f ucking joke. Can't believe anyone would patronize it with a dollar or minute of their time. Sad state of affairs that it is as popular as it is in this country.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2014, 01:46:04 PM »
So why suspend Rice 2 games at all then?

Because there was a police report and then the first video came out.  Seems pretty obvious. 

No one knew what happened in that elevator.  If she said she attacked him, beat on him, whatever, and then he open fisted knocked her off of him....that would be totally plausible.  Not condoning it, but if that was the story and they had no video to review, it would be accepted by most people.  In fact, if that was what the video showed, her on top of him, whaling on him, whatever, and he smacks her and hits her head...knocks her out.  You don't think that is different than what actually happened?  Context.  Of course it's different.  Doesn't excuse it, but I would wager most people would view a tape that differently that showed a guy land a left cross to the jaw after she spits on him and quite another if she's kicking him in the balls, punching him constantly, etc.  In both cases the guy would be seen as a jerk, etc, but there would be more sympathy to how he reacted if it was in "self defense".  Which, by the way, is what both parties said.  Absence of the video, what the hell is the NFL and the Ravens supposed to do?

Again, my point is all the folks that said the NFL had seen this, the Ravens had seen this......hmmm.  Funny...not so much.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2014, 01:51:10 PM »
CBB, please, just think about this for a moment.

~The NFL and the Ravens put Janay in the same room as RR to talk about the incident.
~The Ravens, tweeted the following, and after 6 months, finally delelted it yesterday.  

~Jim Harbaugh in training camp, saying "He makes a mistake, alright. He's gonna have to pay a consequence. It's good for kids to understand that it works that way, and that's how it works. That's how it should be."

~Ravens head of PR saying: I liked Ray Rice a lot then. I like Ray Rice a lot today.  Clearly Ray has been scrutinized. He has been reviewed in a court of law and in the court of public opinion. The NFL punished Ray Rice with a two-game suspension and a third game check. He will lose 3/17 of his salary.

~Ravens celebrating RR on their website during training camp

You say the video matters, but they all knew Ray Rice knocked out a woman, then dragged her out of the elevator.  I guess, they could be so oblivious to think that it could have been accident...it could have been self defense...she could have attacked with a knife...

This is the lowest of the low.  

The fact the video matters is a sad sad thing in this country.  The fact that Goodell, Ozzie Newsome, Jim Harbaugh all stood up, knowing RR plain and simple knocked out his fiance in an elevator, is atrocious.  You the, king of calling out the hypocrites.  Yet, you stand up and defend that stooge Goodell.  

C'mon man.

Reinko, I just explained it.  The video matters.  To deny the video matters or is a major player in this is ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous.  I've given you plenty of plausible scenarios in which she could have been knocked out and sans a video to prove it there would be no way to know.  And if the wife and player are saying that's how it happened, how are you supposed to know the difference?  You can't.

As for the interview in the same room....are people watching too much CSI again?   Did you read her remarks today?  She's all in, no one was interviewing her in the same room when she came out with those comments today.  So that point is moot.  She believed then what she said and believes it today what she said.

It's funny, aren't you and some others here on the Ferguson situation where you couldn't WAIT to tell all of us what really happened, even though none of you were there and there is no video, but you all knew what happened.  Now with this case, again, some of you seem to have all the answers until the actual evidence starts coming in.  Tell me, if there was video of the Ferguson situation if that wouldn't clear many things up right away?  Of course it does.

The video matters....absolutely.

Ironic.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2014, 01:54:37 PM »

Because there was a police report and then the first video came out.  Seems pretty obvious. 

No one knew what happened in that elevator.  If she said she attacked him, beat on him, whatever, and then he open fisted knocked her off of him....that would be totally plausible.  Not condoning it, but if that was the story and they had no video to review, it would be accepted by most people.  In fact, if that was what the video showed, her on top of him, whaling on him, whatever, and he smacks her and hits her head...knocks her out.  You don't think that is different than what actually happened?  Context.  Of course it's different.  Doesn't excuse it, but I would wager most people would view a tape that differently that showed a guy land a left cross to the jaw after she spits on him and quite another if she's kicking him in the balls, punching him constantly, etc.  In both cases the guy would be seen as a jerk, etc, but there would be more sympathy to how he reacted if it was in "self defense".  Which, by the way, is what both parties said.  Absence of the video, what the hell is the NFL and the Ravens supposed to do?

Again, my point is all the folks that said the NFL had seen this, the Ravens had seen this......hmmm.  Funny...not so much.

Didn't the police know what happened?  Enough to up the charges to aggravated assault?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2014, 01:56:17 PM »
By the way Reinko, I've known the PR guy at the Ravens for many years (Chad Steele)...he is the brother of Sage Steele of ESPN and he's married to a good friend of mine. 

Some of you guys are really reaching on this stuff and jumping to tremendous conclusions without a lot of the facts.  They tried to help Ray and Janay, and Janay from day one felt she was part of the problem.  Her words today are how she feels.  More will come out in the weeks and months, but it's a feeding frenzy right now and a ton of people saying things about what the Ravens or NFL saw, what Janay's role is, etc that have no f'ing clue.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2014, 02:02:03 PM »
Reinko, I just explained it.  The video matters.  To deny the video matters or is a major player in this is ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous.  I've given you plenty of plausible scenarios in which she could have been knocked out and sans a video to prove it there would be no way to know.  And if the wife and player are saying that's how it happened, how are you supposed to know the difference?  You can't.

As for the interview in the same room....are people watching too much CSI again?   Did you read her remarks today?  She's all in, no one was interviewing her in the same room when she came out with those comments today.  So that point is moot.  She believed then what she said and believes it today what she said.

It's funny, aren't you and some others here on the Ferguson situation where you couldn't WAIT to tell all of us what really happened, even though none of you were there and there is no video, but you all knew what happened.  Now with this case, again, some of you seem to have all the answers until the actual evidence starts coming in.  Tell me, if there was video of the Ferguson situation if that wouldn't clear many things up right away?  Of course it does.

The video matters....absolutely.

Ironic.

A violent assault occurred, that is known.  RR admitted to it, and was giving a punishment for committing a violent assault against his fiance.  The Ravens, the NFL they all knew he committed an assault on his fiance, that resulted her getting knocked out.  Those are the just the facts.

Now the NFL and the Ravens CHOSE the route of trotting RR and his wife into a press conference.  Choose a 2 game suspension was sufficient.  Chose to highlight him on their website during training camp.  Those are choices they made.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2014, 02:04:36 PM »
By the way Reinko, I've known the PR guy at the Ravens for many years (Chad Steele)...he is the brother of Sage Steele of ESPN and he's married to a good friend of mine. 

Some of you guys are really reaching on this stuff and jumping to tremendous conclusions without a lot of the facts.  They tried to help Ray and Janay, and Janay from day one felt she was part of the problem.  Her words today are how she feels.  More will come out in the weeks and months, but it's a feeding frenzy right now and a ton of people saying things about what the Ravens or NFL saw, what Janay's role is, etc that have no f'ing clue.

This was the guy I was referring too.  Kevin Byrne

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Byrne-Identity-I-Like-Ray-Rice/f618f957-e03f-4fc6-919e-638552b14c2b

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2014, 02:13:13 PM »
Didn't the police know what happened?  Enough to up the charges to aggravated assault?

Yup.  Which is one of the reasons he was suspended, because of the arrest.  That doesn't mean they showed the video, in fact law enforcement says they didn't.

The video matters, because the video causes a visceral reaction that words on a police report simply cannot do.  No different than someone describing an accident scene, someone describing a movie, someone describing a great play in a game....you can hear it or read it a 1000 times, but when you see it...that's what matters. That is the game changer.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2014, 02:22:59 PM »
A violent assault occurred, that is known.  RR admitted to it, and was giving a punishment for committing a violent assault against his fiance.  The Ravens, the NFL they all knew he committed an assault on his fiance, that resulted her getting knocked out.  Those are the just the facts.

Now the NFL and the Ravens CHOSE the route of trotting RR and his wife into a press conference.  Choose a 2 game suspension was sufficient.  Chose to highlight him on their website during training camp.  Those are choices they made.

The Ravens don't decide the 2 game suspension.   Yes, they all knew an assault was committed, but the video changes everything.  Too many of you are seeing it through the eyes of the video which they didn't get to see.

Yes, they chose a 2 game suspension, which after the fact Goodell sent a letter out to all owners saying he missed that and a new policy is 6 game first offense, life ban for 2nd.  He admitted he made that mistake, before the video came out, etc.  Now, some will claim 6 games isn't enough....I think the NFL ruled accordingly yesterday that despite this being a first time offense, Rice is gone....not 2 games, not 6 games...gone indefinitely. 

Yes, the Ravens chose to highlight him and his wife on their website....why is that?  Do you know the whole story?  You do not, or you would have included it.  IMO.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2014, 02:25:03 PM »
This was the guy I was referring too.  Kevin Byrne

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Byrne-Identity-I-Like-Ray-Rice/f618f957-e03f-4fc6-919e-638552b14c2b

Yup, Kevin Byrne....a name that should ring a lot of bells around here.

Marquette University alumnus

http://www.marquette.edu/alumni/awards-2012/recipient_Byrne.php

Again, a lot of people really don't know the facts, but are getting a bunch of nonsense from Deadspin, Awful Announcing, Keith Olbermann, etc.   I'd suggest we wait for more information to come out.  But whatever.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2014, 02:26:57 PM »
Yup.  Which is one of the reasons he was suspended, because of the arrest.  That doesn't mean they showed the video, in fact law enforcement says they didn't.

Right, I haven't claimed that the NFL has seen the video.  What I'm saying (and I think others as well) is that they knew Rice was charged with aggravated assault for an incident in which he knocked his fiancee unconscious and chose to suspend him only two games.  This is why most people don't understand why the video matters.  The video doesn't change the previous facts one bit and those facts alone should have been enough for the NFL to hand down an appropriate punishment.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2014, 02:28:32 PM »
Here's a question, should Ray Rice be allowed to play football again?

Donte Stallworth killed somebody and wasn't banned from the NFL. Numerous examples of players committing assault and being allowed to play, etc.

Also, Mark Schlereth (and I dislike the guy) said this is either the ultimate cover-up (which I'm starting to doubt), or the ultimate in complete lack of due diligence. If TMZ can acquire the second video, why can't some of the former FBI guys working security for the NFL?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2014, 02:29:40 PM »
Personally I don't find any difference between knocking her out with a left cross or if RR slapped her hard enough for her to trip and hit her head knocking herself out and it is a shame the NFL thinks otherwise.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2014, 02:30:41 PM »
Ray Rice was rich and famous.  The prosecutorial office did not pursue it, because they take kid gloves to the vast majority of the rich and famous.  The NFL and Ravens almost assuredly saw the video, but figured it would never see the light of day or if it did the public outcry would not be as bad as it had been.

It came out very soon while there was still negative publicity from the kid glove treatment of Rice, that led to a worst case scenario of public outcry.  They then acted and began to cover up what they knew and when.

Really pretty standard behavior, this demonstrates a lot of what is wrong these days.

Affluenza. The Fappening.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2014, 02:30:54 PM »

Donte Stallworth killed somebody and wasn't banned from the NFL. Numerous examples of players committing assault and being allowed to play, etc.

Also, Mark Schlereth (and I dislike the guy) said this is either the ultimate cover-up (which I'm starting to doubt), or the ultimate in complete lack of due diligence. If TMZ can acquire the second video, why can't some of the former FBI guys working security for the NFL?

Well we know MLB would have at least attempted to buy the video to begin with.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2014, 02:33:33 PM »

Or option 3, it's not a cover-up and the NFL was acting within the boundaries of the law when TMZ is not \ plus TMZ has journalistic safeguards (as hard as that is to write the words journalistic and TMZ in the same sentence). 

How about we find out how TMZ got the video...no one seems to care, but that would be a big part of all this.  I doubt we will know, because that in and of itself may be an illegal action.

It's almost as if Schlereth or some of the cranks on the interwebs are saying the NFL should have broken the law to get this tape, while at the same time decrying the NFL for not doing enough over someone that broke the law, but was not prosecute as such.

Much more to come of this....way too many people quick to judge the NFL and the Ravens without knowing a ton of facts or just flat out making crap up.

Don't worry, the next step will be that "someone" saw the tape at the NFL and they will take that as a blanket statement that the right people saw it and it will be guilt by association.  That's coming next.

MU111

• Starter
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2014, 02:33:49 PM »
Right, I haven't claimed that the NFL has seen the video.  What I'm saying (and I think others as well) is that they knew Rice was charged with aggravated assault for an incident in which he knocked his fiancee unconscious and chose to suspend him only two games.  This is why most people don't understand why the video matters.  The video doesn't change the previous facts one bit and those facts alone should have been enough for the NFL to hand down an appropriate punishment.

Exactly.  Yet, Chicos continues to spew nonsense about how they needed to make sure that Rice wasn't just "defending" himself.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2014, 02:36:51 PM »

This. It doesn't change the facts. It changes public perception. Which is a terrible reason for changing the punishment

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2014, 02:37:29 PM »

Yes, I think he should be able to.  I think what he did was awful, but I also believe he should be given the chance to redeem himself, assuming someone is willing to hire him.

brandx

« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2014, 02:40:58 PM »

Please quit posting this lunacy. Are you really this stupid or just in your usual "defend the rich and powerful mode"?

This is the perfect example of a battered wife. They blame themselves. Just as abused children blame themselves for being bad when they are beaten by their parents.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2014, 02:43:29 PM »
Big Ben RAPED a woman. Someone please explain why he is still in the NFL?

brandx

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2014, 02:52:58 PM »

This is Roger Goodell's legacy. As well as the Ravens. Look at the Greg Hardy situation. Goddell was more concerned with the face paint Hardy wore in a game than when he stockpiled weapons, and assaulted and threatened to murder his girlfriend?

And what about Terrell Suggs? Another woman beater?

Ray Lewis?

The ravens didn't release Rice because they thought it was the right thing to do.

brandx

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2014, 02:53:59 PM »

feedback