Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond Stone  (Read 243533 times)

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
Re: Diamond Stone
« Reply #375 on: December 11, 2014, 07:26:30 PM »
That sounds positive: going from no chance to maybe a chance.
I am going to go out on a limb...and say he comes to MU.

But he might run from the competition for playing time or others might  leave I don't know, that is speculation.

But I think Stone and Henry Ellenson and Matt Heldt alone...could rival Kentucky. Who can deal that frontline!?

No one. We'll see...But the kid would do well if it comes down to going to UConn, Wisconsin or MU.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #376 on: December 11, 2014, 07:35:19 PM »
Curious, do Heldt and Stone's team play each other this year?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #377 on: December 11, 2014, 07:41:20 PM »
Curious, do Heldt and Stone's team play each other this year?

No.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #378 on: December 11, 2014, 07:43:37 PM »
Looney will not be at UCLA next season-----
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #379 on: December 11, 2014, 08:03:48 PM »
Looney will not be at UCLA next season-----

NBA here he comes

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #380 on: December 11, 2014, 09:46:01 PM »
NBA here he comes

Based on ThatDude's record, Looney will never make it to the NBA. Too bad for him, seemed like a sure thing.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #381 on: December 11, 2014, 11:25:19 PM »
Obviously there is like a 2%(generous at that) chance that he does completely chance his mind and come to MU but...

I have to ask, why the heck wouldn't he? Him and Ellenson would be dominate together. Clearly he could do something special at UConn in 1 year as well.

But if 1 year is all he intends to be around for...why not at home with another dominating piece?

Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

brandx

« Reply #382 on: December 12, 2014, 12:15:54 AM »
I am going to go out on a limb...and say he comes to MU.

But he might run from the competition for playing time or others might  leave I don't know, that is speculation.

But I think Stone and Henry Ellenson and Matt Heldt alone...could rival Kentucky. Who can deal that frontline!?

No one. We'll see...But the kid would do well if it comes down to going to UConn, Wisconsin or MU.

Are you drunk?

Kentucky may have 6 front court players who will get drafted. And they will re-load with whatever they need next year. We are not even close to what they have.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #383 on: December 12, 2014, 12:18:42 AM »
Are you drunk?

Kentucky may have 6 front court players who will get drafted. And they will re-load with whatever they need next year. We are not even close to what they have.

A lot of those front line guys right now are just big mf'ers that are impossible to score on. On the offensive end they are very raw.

That team is insanely good but if they don't get a competent offense by March...I will not be among the "shocked" when they fall early.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #384 on: December 12, 2014, 08:12:16 AM »
Based on ThatDude's record, Looney will never make it to the NBA. Too bad for him, seemed like a sure thing.

Thats my cousin, but continue on.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #385 on: December 12, 2014, 08:22:39 AM »
Are you drunk?

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that guys who get drafted this year can't play D-I next year... even at Kentucky.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #386 on: December 12, 2014, 08:25:40 AM »
Obviously there is like a 2%(generous at that) chance that he does completely chance his mind and come to MU but...

I have to ask, why the heck wouldn't he? Him and Ellenson would be dominate together. Clearly he could do something special at UConn in 1 year as well.

But if 1 year is all he intends to be around for...why not at home with another dominating piece?

You know, it is a mutual decision.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #387 on: December 12, 2014, 08:29:21 AM »
Even if Stone came here, which I doubt, we will not be a final four team next year. First of all Ellenson and Stone will be freshmen. Second of all and most importantly, we do not have a true point guard.

brandx

« Reply #388 on: December 12, 2014, 08:51:02 AM »
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that guys who get drafted this year can't play D-I next year... even at Kentucky.

Which is why I said they would just re-load.

Didn't realize it was that complex.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #389 on: December 12, 2014, 09:10:11 AM »
Even if Stone came here, which I doubt, we will not be a final four team next year. First of all Ellenson and Stone will be freshmen. Second of all and most importantly, we do not have a true point guard.

We we land Stone, I imagine that one of the best PGs would shortly follow.  Two of the top bigs in the nation as targets/inside finishers for your passes?  Sounds like a way to build your reputation as one of the top assist men in the country.  Not to mention getting more outlets and running the break based on their rebounds.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #390 on: December 12, 2014, 09:10:37 AM »

You know, it is a mutual decision.

So you're saying Wojo cooled on him?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #391 on: December 12, 2014, 09:22:46 AM »

Were you Henry's cousin too?

Sorry, when you whiff as badly as you did, you gotta get your balls busted a little bit
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #392 on: December 12, 2014, 09:56:47 AM »

If he is then I'd stick to predictions about looney because your track record on here is well... Let's say it's provided us with entertainment.
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #393 on: December 12, 2014, 10:03:11 AM »
Hey, is there any way you can unfollow a thread on this site?

I believe I made one comment about 13 pages ago, and now I regret it, because this overwrought topic keeps popping up on my "new responses" page.
Have some patience, FFS.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #394 on: December 12, 2014, 11:09:47 AM »
If he is then I'd stick to predictions about looney because your track record on here is well... Let's say it's provided us with entertainment.

When it comes to Looney predictions I'll stick with his dentist. 
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #395 on: December 12, 2014, 11:26:03 AM »
Second of all and most importantly, we do not have a true point guard.

Define a "true" point guard. Is traveon jackson a true PG? Derrick Wilson? Junior Coudagan? I'm curious. PGs have changed, they need to score now. The best PGs in the NBA aren't John Stockton and Mark Price. Guys like Westbrook, Paul, Wall, Lillard, Irving, etc. can score and distribute. I've seen enough from Duane Wilson to think he can score and distribute, he's been great in only 10 college games. I'll take Duane over all the PGs listed above.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #396 on: December 12, 2014, 11:29:16 AM »
Define a "true" point guard. Is traveon jackson a true PG? Derrick Wilson? Junior Coudagan? I'm curious. PGs have changed, they need to score now. The best PGs in the NBA aren't John Stockton and Mark Price. Guys like Westbrook, Paul, Wall, Lillard, Irving, etc. can score and distribute. I've seen enough from Duane Wilson to think he can score and distribute, he's been great in only 10 college games. I'll take Duane over all the PGs listed above.

Correct. The Kemba/Shabazz model for PGs is where it's at now. Duane has those traits. Put the ball in his hands to start every possession. Great things will happen.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #397 on: December 12, 2014, 11:37:23 AM »

Agreed.  And I think Wojo does too.  I just think he wants multiple players who can serve as points.  Next year MU will only have one guard who can handle the ball returning (Duane) instead of the three this year.  I don't think JJJ can be in that role, and Nick will be a freshman, so I can see why we may want to look at transfers (Juco or otherwise) who have point skills.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #398 on: December 12, 2014, 11:44:33 AM »

Definitely generous, probably by about 2%.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #399 on: December 12, 2014, 11:48:02 AM »

And the funniest thing is that you just named 5 of the point guards who are perceived to be the best point guards in the league, and yet they have...0 rings combined.  The quarterbacks of basketball teams.

Give me Rondo and Parker running my team over any of those guys if I'm going for a championship this year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter