'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz on getting better.........  (Read 18242 times)

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
Re: Buzz on getting better.........
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 11:05:24 AM »
Count how many times he says better, lol

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 11:09:20 AM »
That's 'cuz they suck ass and he's on an extended honeymoon
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 11:09:49 AM »
Count how many times he says better, lol

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 11:18:21 AM »
Goal is National Championship

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 11:22:11 AM »
Let's see he's already had four guys including his two best returning players transfer, so I guess getting rid of as many of the players who were there when he got there as possible is one way Buzz sees to get better.

Quite a difference in outlook from Wojo, I'd say.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 11:33:36 AM »
I better find something better to do with my time so I get better at it.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 11:37:25 AM »
Well, they cant get much worse and if they do Brent will be out of a job very soon.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 11:41:35 AM »
Well, they cant get much worse and if they do Brent will be out of a job very soon.

Which would make Virginia Tech better at firing basketball coaches.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MUchamp22

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »
I'm getting really tired of hearing Buzz's raspy voice still

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 12:04:29 PM »
I like Buzz and his approach.  

While I disgree with Buzz's move and think it was more than a little paranoid I think he was a hell of a coach and pretty resolute in his belief system.  

Now I am sure i will get lit up for defending Buzz but hating on Crean.  Its pretty simple.  They both left, and I do not hold any ill will against either of them for that.  I firmly believe one should do what they feel to be in theirs and their family's best interest.  Bottom line..... I like Buzz and Crean is an A-hole.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:43:22 PM by River rat »

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 12:09:22 PM »
Funny how Buzz said that the fans need to get better.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 12:09:44 PM »
superbar this crap
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 12:18:32 PM »
I don't know why people find it necessary to trash Buzz and call him a Hillbilly and other disparaging terms.  He gave us 6 years of which 5 were great and one wasn't.  If Wojo just equals Buzz I will be very happy.  Incidentally I said the same thing when Buzz took over for Crean.  And as a result I was thrilled with the way things worked out.
I thought it was a little crazy he left but I think that just proves that Buzz was a little odd and insecure and he panicked when he didn't feel he could keep up with the reputation he built.  Is that a reason to hate him?
I really enjoyed the dance at WVA, the dance after the DJO slam against L-ville, the way he completely pulled a rabbit out of a hat the year we had Lazar playing center with the midgets.  Dude was a good coach and I will remember him favorably.
I'm with River rat.  So go ahead and trash me as well.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 12:23:11 PM »
I don't know why people find it necessary to trash Buzz and call him a Hillbilly and other disparaging terms.  He gave us 6 years of which 5 were great and one wasn't.  If Wojo just equals Buzz I will be very happy.  Incidentally I said the same thing when Buzz took over for Crean.  And as a result I was thrilled with the way things worked out.
I thought it was a little crazy he left but I think that just proves that Buzz was a little odd and insecure and he panicked when he didn't feel he could keep up with the reputation he built.  Is that a reason to hate him?
I really enjoyed the dance at WVA, the dance after the DJO slam against L-ville, the way he completely pulled a rabbit out of a hat the year we had Lazar playing center with the midgets.  Dude was a good coach and I will remember him favorably.

Ditto.  Went into every game thinking we could win.  The 40+ hours in between beating Miami and tip beofre Cuse were phenomenal.  We always competed and even this year I expected us to win the BET right up until the last minute vs Xavier.

We got the absolute right guy in Wojo.  I'm happy for the future but I am satisfied with the past.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 12:23:48 PM »

I hear ya, but I'm tired of seeing a top ten recruiting class come together and then seeing it disintegrate every six to nine years.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 12:45:09 PM »

+ a lot!!!
for the record i felt the same way about KO

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 12:50:02 PM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 12:57:25 PM »
Here is the reason: Because he is a disingenuous BS'er. Get it? Got it? Good!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 12:57:39 PM »
Funny how Buzz said that the fans need to get better.
Well, they certainly need to get better at showing up for games...  :P

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 02:30:13 PM »

I'm good with this take...well said all in all.  It was definitely a fun 6 year ride with Buzz.  He left at the right time - best probably for him, and best for MU too.  Lots of happy memories made from Buzz's time at MU. 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 02:37:15 PM »
Here is the reason: Because he is a disingenuous BS'er. Get it? Got it? Good!

How do you come to that conclusion?  odd.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 03:08:05 PM »
How do you come to that conclusion?  odd.

Because some members of the athletic department, some current and former players, some parents of former players have said so.  Doesn't mean that's a universal opinion, but it's hardly odd.  Just as some current and former players of your favorite coach have also such things, as well as athletic department staff, etc.

Nothing odd about it, that's how they feel (were treated).

EnderWiggen

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2014, 03:19:05 PM »
Count me as a Buzz supporter but I am glad we don't have to hear his idiotic interviews anymore.  If I was a VTech fan, I would be scratching my head after listening to that video.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 03:30:59 PM »
Because some members of the athletic department, some current and former players, some parents of former players have said so.  Doesn't mean that's a universal opinion, but it's hardly odd.  Just as some current and former players of your favorite coach have also such things, as well as athletic department staff, etc.

Nothing odd about it, that's how they feel (were treated).

Please furnish us the quotes from former and current players and parents of former players who claim to have been mistreated by Buzz (please don't include complaints about playing time).

As for those members of the athletic department you're making up, LOL.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:33:37 PM by Lennys Tap »

feedback