Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Novak to be traded to Jazz. Ends Buycks to Novak dream calls  (Read 10925 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Novak to be traded to Jazz. Ends Buycks to Novak dream calls
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2014, 02:10:35 PM »
New Haven style is not Big & Flabby.  It's thin and crispy with almost no crust after being coal baked in 75 year old brick ovens and loaded with fresh ingredients.
NYC pizza is slightly lesser version of New Haven style.

I didn't even know new haven pizza was a thing to be honest
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2014, 02:15:31 PM »
Hmmm...this is where your point is off. Houston is hardly anything like NYC, Chicago or LA in anything but population.

And traffic, and crime. But yes they are very different cities. I don't like either
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2014, 02:18:20 PM »
Aggie,

I love the Wasatch for reasons stated in another thread. But SLC, for the non-believer, can be hard to swallow. Several of my buds fly for Delta and are based in SLC.  They all live in Park City. For one reason.

You know I've heard this, but other than the liquor laws, I never noticed it. Religion was only ever brought up if I asked about LDS.

Though seeing two 18 year olds married with three kids already took some getting used to
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2014, 02:28:46 PM »
And Chicago offers about 1% of the natural beauty the Salt Lake does. I'd want my kids to grow up in a safe, welcoming environment, surrounded by beautiful mountains, where everyone is environment conscious and health conscious and the air doesn't taste like week old car exhaust.

As someone else said (Keefe I think) it comes down to personal taste. I love cities but only when they are the size of Milwaukee, Salt Lake, Denver, Austin, Raleigh, etc. I can't stand cities like NYC, Chicago, LA, or Houston. Fun to visit but I'm always glad to leave. Others couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

I do love me some Chicago pizza though

OK, at least you've offered some real reasons here instead of a blanket indictment of raising families in Chicago. So thanks for that.

I love Chicago pizza, too. Not sure why others recoiled so. My favorite is Pequod's in Lincoln Park; different from others that can be a little too dough-y. I also love a great coal-fired pizza and Chicago has several wonderful spots for that, too. I'm a big New Haven style fan, as well. New York style is not my favorite.

I have been to SLC a few times: both of the Bulls' NBA Finals appearances as well as the 1993 NBA All-Star Game.

My main memory was that in 1993 a few friends and I went out to lunch. When we got to the restaurant, a light snow was falling. By the time we were done about an hour and a half later, there had to have been 12-18 inches on the ground. We were watching it come down from inside the restaurant and I have never seen so much snow fall so quickly. We were cabbing it but the first one we got in didn't have all-wheel drive so we couldn't even get away from the curb. Thankfully, another cab with 4x4 came by.

My wife and I and another couple actually are doing the timeshare thing in Park City next month, my first visit there. I'm sure we'll spend a day or two in SLC as well. Looking forward to it. Pretty sure I still won't want to live there, though!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2014, 02:31:15 PM »
OK, at least you've offered some real reasons here instead of a blanket indictment of raising families in Chicago. So thanks for that.

I love Chicago pizza, too. Not sure why others recoiled so. My favorite is Pequod's in Lincoln Park; different from others that can be a little too dough-y. I also love a great coal-fired pizza and Chicago has several wonderful spots for that, too. I'm a big New Haven style fan, as well. New York style is not my favorite.

I have been to SLC a few times: both of the Bulls' NBA Finals appearances as well as the 1993 NBA All-Star Game.

My main memory was that in 1993 a few friends and I went out to lunch. When we got to the restaurant, a light snow was falling. By the time we were done about an hour and a half later, there had to have been 12-18 inches on the ground. We were watching it come down from inside the restaurant and I have never seen so much snow fall so quickly. We were cabbing it but the first one we got in didn't have all-wheel drive so we couldn't even get away from the curb. Thankfully, another cab with 4x4 came by.

My wife and I and another couple actually are doing the timeshare thing in Park City next month, my first visit there. I'm sure we'll spend a day or two in SLC as well. Looking forward to it. Pretty sure I still won't want to live there, though!

I live right by Pequods!!!!! Their caramelized crust is the best!

brandx

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2014, 02:36:02 PM »
They have the most inane and bizarre liquor laws this side of Mecca. The state even has Liquor Inspectors who roam the Deseret looking for ways to inflict God's Wrath on the wicked. It is weird driving through Utah and passing towns of two thousand residents that have 20 temple steeples as the only distinguishing landmark.

Utah is a land of tremendous beauty but I limit myself to Park City, Moab, and Zion.

Southeast Utah may be my favorite place in the entire country. Moab is always the destination and then we fan out through SE Utah and SW Colorado from there.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2014, 04:17:32 PM »
I live right by Pequods!!!!! Their caramelized crust is the best!

It's okay, not quite the hype.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2014, 04:35:40 PM »
Southeast Utah may be my favorite place in the entire country. Moab is always the destination and then we fan out through SE Utah and SW Colorado from there.

Moab and Zion are two of my favorite places on this earth. Proof that partisan politics ends at the ranger station. Arches is one of God's most splendid temples and Edward Abbey is its deacon.

Death on call