'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Will Jabari in Milwaukee help STJ?  (Read 14666 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Will Jabari in Milwaukee help STJ?
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2014, 04:50:01 PM »
Jabari in Milwaukee will benefit Marquette in general. Ties to STjr and Wojo will be something worth talking about in the short term with recruits. Will obviously great For STJr to have an old friend playing for the Bucks.

Jabari would have really benefited Marquette by joining Taylor here! Beyond that, I see no great benefit to the Warriors.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brandx

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2014, 05:45:23 PM »
Kind of like Eskimos, Canucks and FIGHTING Irish?

What is offensive about that? Now, if they were called the Whiskey-swilling Irish or the Drunk Potato Eating Irish, you might have a point.

I don't find Warriors offensive and the "fighting" part is implied in the name.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2014, 06:03:57 PM »

What is offensive about that? Now, if they were called the Whiskey-swilling Irish or the Drunk Potato Eating Irish, you might have a point.

I don't find Warriors offensive and the "fighting" part is implied in the name.

This was addressed in the other thread....doesn't matter what you think, matters to those that feel offended. 

brandx

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2014, 06:29:48 PM »
This was addressed in the other thread....doesn't matter what you think, matters to those that feel offended. 

Feeling a little bi-polar today? ;D

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2014, 06:42:14 PM »

No, it doesn't matter because Notre Dame is an Irish serving institution (Irish naming themselves the Irish) and because the Irish are caucasian which is a privileged race in American culture.

But back on topic, I could see Parker "helping" Taylor. By that I mean he might show up at a game or two. Beyond that, I doubt it.

I also am hoping that the Bucks go for Exum.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2014, 07:19:01 PM »
No, it doesn't matter because Notre Dame is an Irish serving institution (Irish naming themselves the Irish) and because the Irish are caucasian which is a privileged race in American culture.

But back on topic, I could see Parker "helping" Taylor. By that I mean he might show up at a game or two. Beyond that, I doubt it.

I love that argument...it's like the one from people who say only caucasians can be racist.  Makes me laugh every time I hear it.  Especially with some of the stuff I have seen over the years with race on race crime not involving caucasians.  Always fun.  As MLK Jr's son said last year on MSNBC to many exploding heads I might add, anyone can be racist...anyone.  There is no privilege of any kind when it comes to acting out in that fashion.  You either are or you aren't.  Michael Eric Dyson and Clarence Page almost had a stroke each when those words came out of his mouth.  Good for him

Parker coming to the Bucks would have a minimal impact.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2014, 09:00:50 PM »
I had a great week....I went and F'd myself at your suggestion (Jesus, too?) and never felt better.  Yes, Bulls fans have been douchy about Lebron the last 4 years, to suggest otherwise is having one's head not attached to one's neck.  Bulls fans aren't the only ones.  It's amazing how disjointed people get here when you just tell the truth.

Got those ribs removed, aina?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 09:40:56 PM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2014, 11:47:08 PM »

umm may wanna check about the way the Irish were treated when Notre Dame was naming themselves and such.  That name was not founded with good intentions... hence the mascot. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2014, 11:54:20 PM »

Steve Taylor is like a big brother to Jabari... He will attend every game possible if drafted by the Bucks.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2014, 08:36:14 AM »
umm may wanna check about the way the Irish were treated when Notre Dame was naming themselves and such.  That name was not founded with good intentions... hence the mascot. 

Actually, Notre Dame was an Irish serving institution. Where other universities were literally banning the Irish from attending, Notre Dame opened their doors. One of the few redeemable qualities about Notre Dame. The name was coined by the football players during a season where most of the team was Irish.

And now the Irish are considered a privledged class in America. If they were still treated the way they were back in the early 1900s, this wouldn't be the case.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2014, 08:38:23 AM »
Steve Taylor is like a big brother to Jabari... He will attend every game possible if drafted by the Bucks.

OJ Mayo is literally an older brother to Todd Mayo and he only made it to one or two games last year if I remember correctly. If Parker gets drafted by the Bucks, I would be thrilled if Parker was a regular fixture at Marquette games. But I would put the over/under at 2-3 games.
TAMU

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2014, 09:04:25 AM »
OJ Mayo is literally an older brother to Todd Mayo and he only made it to one or two games last year if I remember correctly. If Parker gets drafted by the Bucks, I would be thrilled if Parker was a regular fixture at Marquette games. But I would put the over/under at 2-3 games.

That's because OJ Mayo was too busy trying to hit up every buffet in a milwaukee last year  ;D

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2014, 10:15:11 AM »
Interesting story about Exum yesterday and his college choice. 
I heard they're making a banner
No Finish Line

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2014, 11:38:51 AM »
I heard they're making a banner

Kentucky?  I doubt it, especially with their funding to overhaul Rupp going away.  No where to hang it for awhile until the dust settles.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2014, 12:44:05 PM »
I'd go Wiggins then Exum.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2014, 08:51:34 PM »
I went and F'd myself at your suggestion

That was probably Hoopaloop that F'ed you, not you.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2014, 09:37:41 PM »
I'd go Wiggins then Exum.

+1. Better yet, trade 2 to the 76ers so they can take Wiggins for 3 and 10 and get Exum and Nick Young (unless Embiid or Randle are available at 10).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2014, 06:49:36 PM »
Have we ever had this many connections to the Bucks?  I mean Mayo and OJ, STJ and Parker, Wojo and Parker... should be pretty favorable to our guys. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2014, 07:00:30 PM »
Have we ever had this many connections to the Bucks?  I mean Mayo and OJ, STJ and Parker, Wojo and Parker... should be pretty favorable to our guys. 

Mbah Moute and Embiid.

Wait, no, nevermind.

These things don't matter.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2014, 07:01:17 PM »
That was probably Hoopaloop that F'ed you, not you.

I don't go that way.  He's a little too skinny for my tastes anyway.  The Purdue status is a turnoff, also.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2014, 07:01:55 PM »

Are the Bucks a professional team that it would matter?

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2014, 09:09:01 PM »
Jabari respects Wojo and is glad they're both in Milwaukee.  Jay Bilas just called Shabazz Napier a Warrior after he was picked!

Aron Yohannes @AronYohannes  ·  2h
Parker on @steve_wojo: "He's a great guy and I respect him. I look forward to being apart of the organization at Marquette."
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 10:31:49 PM by VegasWarrior77 »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2014, 09:17:40 PM »
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2014, 09:35:25 PM »
Parker will wear #12 - same as Aaron Rodgers.  Karma!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein