Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pro-Am?  (Read 15786 times)

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
Re: Pro-Am?
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2014, 06:24:21 AM »
When do we see rosters and schedule?  I checked IWB website(s) and didn't see anything.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2014, 07:04:38 AM »
Give it up?

OK. Done deal!

(Sgt. Hulka: "Lighten up, Francis!")

"From now on, you can consider me and Uncle Sam the same person."
"Uncle Hulka?"

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2014, 07:46:28 AM »
Heck, I'm an IWB fan - he can take a little ribbing. Journalism, like golf, is not a game of perfect.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2014, 07:57:50 AM »
Heck, I'm an IWB fan - he can take a little ribbing. Journalism, like golf, is not a game of perfect.

+1

I love people getting defensive for other people.

"Why won't you all just leave IWB alone?!"

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2014, 08:08:55 AM »
+1

I love people getting defensive for other people.

"Why won't you all just leave IWB alone?!"

And Brittney Spears too while you're at it...geez  ;D
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2014, 08:11:46 AM »
I will say, while I'm excited for the Pro-Am I'm a little disappointed by what appears to be disorganization from the outside.  I feel I'm pretty tied in with things and didn't realize the Pro-Am was starting up this weekend and it's 4 days before the tournament and we don't know times or teams for it.  It's a free opportunity for me to go watch some basketball so it's not a big complaint, but it just seems odd to me.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2014, 08:14:35 AM »

Signatures on a page, however, generally are a game of perfect, which is why this will always be attached to his name. This was the Dewey Defeats Truman moment of MU Scoop and will live on in infamy. Don't like it? Don't count your chickens before they hatch, and don't report "Done Deal" before the ink has dried. Or is on a page, as it were.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 08:20:10 AM »
IWB loves MU hoops.   He has been a part of every MU board ever and loves it so much that he started his own.  He is the ultimate insider, in ways that no one on this board is.   He got burned by Shaka.  He wasn't alone.   He is still a class act, a lover of MU hoops, and the sponsor of a really nice basketball Pro-Am.   Yup, it is easy to drop that punch line on him.   But ultimately, it says more about scoopers than it does about him. 

This.  He went out on a ledge and got burned.  Still very close to the program.  Absolutely no need to pile on.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2014, 08:53:55 AM »
Will the rosters be posted today on Brew City Ball?  I don't see anything about the pro am even referenced.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2014, 08:57:47 AM »

Thanks Bob Rotella.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2014, 08:58:55 AM »
Will the rosters be posted today on Brew City Ball?  I don't see anything about the pro am even referenced.

This is my point.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2014, 09:02:15 AM »
I will say, while I'm excited for the Pro-Am I'm a little disappointed by what appears to be disorganization from the outside.  I feel I'm pretty tied in with things and didn't realize the Pro-Am was starting up this weekend and it's 4 days before the tournament and we don't know times or teams for it.  It's a free opportunity for me to go watch some basketball so it's not a big complaint, but it just seems odd to me.

IWB is herding cats.  Getting all those guys in one place is no easy task.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2014, 09:38:20 AM »
It will never be given up. IWB ended up a joke by some of the national media guys during #shakawatch.

I very much don't think that is the case. Channel 6 had the same info.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2014, 09:54:09 AM »
I have a problem with people judging people on this board without knowing the facts. We have no idea how close MU was to getting Shaka and now some are saying he is classless. I am sure these same people bashed Crean for not telling MU players first. Maybe Shaka made a verbal commitment, but asked that nothing be said until he talked to his team. If that was the case then the people leaking it were classless and not Shaka. I do not know if Shaka made a commitment, but if he did there was a reason why he changed it. An agreement is two sided and no one knows if there was one and if there was what changed it. There is no basis to claim that Shaka is classless.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2014, 09:56:47 AM »
IWB is herding cats.  Getting all those guys in one place is no easy task.

I get the roster part.  I don't get the lack of awareness and at least having a team schedule.  Who cares who's on what team immediately, it be nice to know, but I'd at least like to know what time of day and what day the teams are playing.

IWB

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2014, 12:33:13 PM »
As stated above, it is like herding cats.

Here are the typical phone calls I received this week. And yes, there were several like this....

"Yo Jim, I want to play on the same team with Jimmy, Joe, Tom and Bobby."

Me: "That's great, but none of those guys have signed up, and neither have you."

Seriously, multiple calls like that. Going into this week I had about 15 registrations and now we have a waiting list. It has been beyond crazy.

Sorry for the lack of notice, has been discussed quite a bit on BrewCityBall.

As for "Done Deal".... what can I do? The guy said yes to them and then back out. I will not change my stance on that.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2014, 12:42:57 PM »
He agreed to terms but didn't accept them?  He agreed but there was no verbal agreement?  Correct me if I'm wrong Batman, but if he agreed, wouldn't there be acceptance on his part?  If he agreed but there was no verbal agreement, then there was a written agreement?  Either you meant to say something else, or this is the biggest bunch of nonsense since, "It depend on what the meaning of the word 'is" is."  OR maybe he agreed to his own terms and didn't accept MU's terms and that's why there was no verbal agreement.    That must be it. 
What he actually said was "I agree to your terms, but the old lady needs to ratify this."  Ooops.  Probably couldn't go that route.

She must make a lotta coin to turn down the money MU was showing.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2014, 12:49:10 PM »

I think this is much less about the coin and very much about the coin slot...

Death on call

IWB

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2014, 12:54:19 PM »
What he actually said was "I agree to your terms, but the old lady needs to ratify this."  Ooops.  Probably couldn't go that route.

From what I was told by coaches out East, it wasn't the money. The specific line was, "We agreed that we wouldn't leave unless it was for one of THEE programs."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2014, 12:56:49 PM »

This.  He went out on a ledge and got burned.  Still very close to the program.  Absolutely no need to pile on.

I don't think people are piling on. IWB adds a lot to the MU hoops picture. He got ahead of the power curve and guys are taking the piss out of him for it. That's what guys do. I would be disappointed if they didn't and even more if he couldn't take a few friendly jabs. Sit in a fighter squadron ready room and listen to the banter. It is merciless and cruel yet vital to esprit de corps.

Death on call

IWB

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2014, 01:00:36 PM »
Agreed - I have taken a lot of shots over this and I have no problem with that.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2014, 01:04:58 PM »

#DoneDeal #ThickSkin #ShotsShotsShots

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2014, 01:06:41 PM »

BTW, I like your radio show. I don't get a chance to listen live but I make a point to play it in its entirety, usually while cooking. This time of year is like being stranded in Al Anbar without a camel back; your show is that shimmering oasis on the horizon.

Death on call

tower912

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2014, 01:07:09 PM »
I don't think people are piling on. IWB adds a lot to the MU hoops picture. He got ahead of the power curve and guys are taking the piss out of him for it. That's what guys do. I would be disappointed if they didn't and even more if he couldn't take a few friendly jabs. Sit in a fighter squadron ready room and listen to the banter. It is merciless and cruel yet vital to esprit de corps.

Same with the firehouse.   We don't sit around playing checkers.   We spend our down time in pursuit of the perfect insult.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2014, 01:09:29 PM »
IWB, understood re: the pro-am.  Anything you can tell us in terms of alums who are definitely in / maybe in / definitely out (as in...a done deal), when lineups will be posted, etc.?  Thanks.