Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pro-Am?  (Read 15785 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Pro-Am?
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2014, 01:25:08 PM »
We spend our down time in pursuit of the perfect insult.  

I am still laughing. Different setting but the same guys. Kindred spirits for sure.

Death on call

IWB

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2014, 01:46:56 PM »
Working on it all right now. Hard to say with alums as they tend to call me when they are coming into town.

Junior will be playing this Friday.

Wes wanted to play Saturday but NBA does not allow players to play before July 1. He says he will play and force Novak to play with him.

Joe Chapman said he will play, but not sure when.

Rosters are done, loading them into the system now.

brandx

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2014, 01:52:53 PM »
I very much don't think that is the case. Channel 6 had the same info.

Gee - wonder where Channel 6 got the info. And if you can't make fun of someone for a screw up, then what good is making fun.

But, I think he is still a better source than anyone else here on Scoop.

IWB

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2014, 02:13:01 PM »
I had four different sources on the info, not just one, and I am sure Fox 6 was in a similar situation.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2014, 03:10:48 PM »
But, I think he is still a better source than anyone else here on Scoop.

The hell you say!

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2014, 04:13:03 PM »
I had four different sources on the info, not just one, and I am sure Fox 6 was in a similar situation.

Would be nice to hear the skinny on how the dealin's went down. Was it da Mrs. Who threw ice water in our jocks or lack of an AD or just a case of bein' played by a playa?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2014, 04:38:51 PM »
Agreed - I have taken a lot of shots over this and I have no problem with that.

Big time respect for this stance, IWB.

We're all big boys. Sometimes we have to get teased a little. I'm glad you stuck your neck out at that time. It was a major part of one of the craziest times in Scoop history.

"An army without leaders is like a foot without a big toe. And Sgt. Hulka isn't always gonna be there to be that big toe for us."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2014, 08:27:59 PM »
4ever

I believe it was all of the above. I had heard from two sources that Smart was telling his team he was leaving at approx 6pm the night IWB broke the news. From my understanding it was a done deal until it no longer was a done deal. Will say I still wish we had landed him and it was much closer than most will ever know.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2014, 08:49:56 PM »
Well, fook him if he didn't wanna be a Warrior. We don't have ta kiss anyone's tuckus, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2014, 09:06:40 PM »
4ever

I believe it was all of the above. I had heard from two sources that Smart was telling his team he was leaving at approx 6pm the night IWB broke the news. From my understanding it was a done deal until it no longer was a done deal. Will say I still wish we had landed him and it was much closer than most will ever know.
Maybe the leaks before he talked to his team changed his mind. He might not of wanted to be another Tom Crean.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2014, 09:08:16 PM »
4ever

Goose

I heard the deal breaker was that Channel4 wouldn't let him out of his contract so he spent this summer in UK

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 09:14:32 PM by keefe »

Death on call

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2014, 08:55:11 AM »

My understanding is that they agreed to terms, then Mrs (not so) Smart submitted a list of AD choices she insisted MU pick from.  Not sure if MU called it off after that, of if they said no to that specific demand, and Mrs Smart pulled the plug.  In the end, is was the same result....done deal.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Thanks for posting here.  Good luck with the pro-am.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2014, 11:45:36 AM »
4ever

The only problem I have with all of this is the guys at VCU that I was chatting with, including one MU alum tied to VCU who was emailing me here daily said from day one all of this was never a done deal. Anotherm who was a former MU athletic department employee who works there now, same thing. That we were being played.  Granted, I was skiing most of that week and getting bits and pieces during the time, but both of them were emphatic nightly saying "absolutely quiet as hell down here, business as usual, nothing going on.  NOTHING".  When people were saying someone was on a plane or they were meeting "right now", actually they weren't.  When people say terms were agreed to, what does that mean?  "Yeah this sounds great, I'm wanting to do this, I think this is a go, I just need to sleep on it".  I'd like to know what people consider agreed to.  In my line of work, we get agreements all the time before anything is papered, but it is rock solid agreed to. Usually an email, a one page term sheet, etc.  I guess everyone has a different viewpoint of what is agreed to and what isn't, or perhaps whom agrees to it when others have yet to weigh in.  If I have a mid level manager telling me it's agreed to, I want a call from his\her VP or an email saying the same thing, as an example.

IWB is a great source, does very good things for MU and basketball in Milwaukee (for which he is also compensated...he isn't dumb, good for him).  My opinion from everything I was hearing down from VCU is that we jumped the gun on the info and it was never truly a done deal, but some folks took it that way based on what was said or what people wanted to hear.  It sure sounded great, I know I would have been ecstatic over the hire.  Oh well.   Glad it wasn't Cuonzo.  In Wojo we trust.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 11:49:08 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2014, 11:55:19 AM »
Chicos,

Did you consider that your friends at VCU gave you that spin because it best fit their agenda?

'Spose MU could have done the same, but I doubt it.

IWB

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2014, 01:30:33 PM »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2014, 01:35:04 PM »
Pro-Am Schedule is out....

http://www.milwaukeeproam.com/Schedule.aspx

So there are no games on Saturday?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2014, 01:52:13 PM »
I think it's safe to say that Scion Dental is the best team, they're loaded
Bring back FFP!!!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2014, 01:56:00 PM »
IWB said on his other board that a number of those players are only part-time.

IWB

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2014, 02:48:28 PM »
Yes, but don't underestimate some of the other teams. Gruber Law is loaded too. Also, the team with Gordon Lucious & Simmons? Simmons is really good.

No games this Saturday. Too many conflicts with facility, officials & players. Play then resumes July 11.

That is one of the reasons for the delay in schedule announcement - it was all changing and I couldn't confirm.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2014, 02:52:53 PM »
Chicos,

Did you consider that your friends at VCU gave you that spin because it best fit their agenda?

'Spose MU could have done the same, but I doubt it.

I don't know, but they sure came out right ultimately.  I remember being very excited about the news, IWB is a trusted source as are others.  Then I would get emails from both of these guys saying it's not a done deal, you should really hold your horses on this.  We aren't seeing anything remotely suggesting anything is happening down here.  Absolutely nothing.  Take it for what its worth, but ultimately they were right.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 02:55:53 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2014, 03:03:23 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2014, 07:48:44 PM »
I do not see Steve Taylor on any roster.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2014, 08:24:38 PM »
Taylor played in a pro am down in chicago not knowing that by doing so he became ineligible to play in the one up here in Milwaukee(NCAA rules say you can only play in 1).

So he won't be playing this year.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2014, 09:19:32 PM »
Taylor played in a pro am down in chicago not knowing that by doing so he became ineligible to play in the one up here in Milwaukee(NCAA rules say you can only play in 1).

So he won't be playing this year.

Could it be he is thinking of transferring so he played in Chicago as a statement?

Death on call

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2014, 10:46:42 PM »
Could it be he is thinking of transferring so he played in Chicago as a statement?

yep
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.