Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Blue article from ESPN  (Read 39643 times)

Class71

• All American
Re: Blue article from ESPN
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2014, 12:19:45 PM »

Of course he was the leading scorer on an Elite 8 team...but whatever...

So what does that have to do with judgment?
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2014, 12:25:46 PM »
You said he "can't put the ball in the hole."  Inaccurate statement.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2014, 12:47:18 PM »
I'm good with Lake Park, but much prefer Crazy Water, AP Kitchen, Odd Duck, and Bacchus over Martini's and Carnevor.

I like Crazy Water, haven't tried AP or Odd Duck yet.  Need a few more years on me before I can role with the Bacchus crowd  ;).  I still think Eddie's has the best service in town.  Carnevor's atmosphere can impress...if you need to do that.

Zarletti remains our favorite.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 01:10:44 PM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2014, 12:57:32 PM »
You said he "can't put the ball in the hole." 

This is where an Austin Grandstaff comes in

Death on call

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2014, 02:58:53 PM »
I like Crazy Water, haven't tried AP or Odd Duck yet.  Need a few more years on me before I can role with the Bacchus crowd  ;).  I still think Eddie's has the best service in town.  Carnevor's atmosphere can impress...if you need to do that.

Sanfords hands down.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2014, 03:58:45 PM »
no one can touch the beef at McBob's

we will never return to Carnevour after being seated at the table in front of the bathrooms on our 1st visit, I had to scoot my chair up to the table everytime a guy had to use the pisser, the greedy bastards just had to squeeze another 2-top into that place  >:(

we got a giftcard for the Capitol Grill and are looking forward to trying that place, heard good things from family etc.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 04:25:51 PM by Tyrion »

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2014, 03:59:56 PM »
I'm good with Lake Park, but much prefer ... Odd Duck ...

Really? I was so disappointed in that place. Much preferred Braise.

Truth is, we have no idea what would have happened had he stayed. He could have broken his leg, had a horrible year or blew it up. What he did might still have been the best thing for his basketball career. As someone that knows nothing about what goes on with these guys between games, it was really interesting to hear just how unglamorous it is.
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »
Sanfords hands down.

Ahem, it's "Sanford".

Taking warriorchick jr. to Jackson Grill this weekend to celebrate her graduation.  Love that place.
Have some patience, FFS.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2014, 04:11:30 PM »
Honestly, I didn't know you could spend $600 on a pair of sneakers other than some of these crazy limited edition ones.  I just have a pick-up truck mentality I guess.  I don't get it.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that line. You were joking when you wrote that, right? No one could have possibly written that with a straight face.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2014, 04:14:20 PM »
I knew he bounced around but had no idea it was to that extent. Wow. Keep your head up, Van. Keep grinding.

Hell yeah. Hope he makes a roster next year so badly. If Buycks could do it, I'm confident Van can.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2014, 04:29:27 PM »
Ahem, it's "Sanford".

Taking warriorchick jr. to Jackson Grill this weekend to celebrate her graduation.  Love that place.

Seriously?  One letter correction?  I doubt anyone had any problem understanding what I wrote as you proved yourself.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2014, 04:31:11 PM »
no one can touch the beef at McBob's

we will never return to Carnevour after being seated at the table in front of the bathrooms on our 1st visit, I had to scoot my chair up to the table everytime a guy had to use the pisser, the greedy bastards just had to squeeze another 2-top into that place  >:(

we got a giftcard for the Capitol Grill and are looking forward to trying that place, heard good things from family etc.

They put you between the partition and the bathrooms?  Wow.  They must have really double-booked. 

BTW...nothing beats a Big Monday steak at Mo's.  Sean, Raff & Bilas spilling drinks past midnight.  I miss ESPN.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2014, 04:33:15 PM »
Just want to point something out...unless I missed a part of the article somewhere...it never said he spent 600 on ONE pair of sneakers.

All I am reading is that he spent 600 on sneakers.

Likely bought more than one pair at the time.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2014, 04:39:13 PM »
Honestly, I didn't know you could spend $600 on a pair of sneakers other than some of these crazy limited edition ones.  I just have a pick-up truck mentality I guess.  I don't get it.

I didn't know DirectTV had you lugging their equipment around.

If you are trying to boast about frugality, a pickup truck isn't exactly the best way.

I will personally never judge someone for spending top dollar on a tool of their craft. Vander plays basketball. Shoes are probably the most important piece of equipment a basketball player will own. Its like a plumber owning his tools, a farmer with a tractor, or someone who actually needs a truck (painter, landscaper, etc.) owning a truck  ;)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 04:42:05 PM by Bleuteaux »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2014, 04:56:25 PM »
I'm good with Lake Park, but much prefer Crazy Water, AP Kitchen, Odd Duck, and Bacchus over Martini's and Carnevor.

Clifford's or Serb Hall for Fish Fry now that Turner's is gone

Death on call

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2014, 05:09:17 PM »
From the article ....

His mother, Rita, refused to respond to his text messages for two days, furious that he had left school without a degree.

Interesting, I had not heard his mother was against him leaving.  Was this known last year?

Does anyone know what Brent advised him to do?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2014, 05:10:02 PM »
Clifford's or Serb Hall for Fish Fry now that Turner's is gone

Turner's isn't gone.  I have reservations for fish fry there tomorrow.

Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2014, 05:11:45 PM »
From the article ....

His mother, Rita, refused to respond to his text messages for two days, furious that he had left school without a degree.

Interesting, I had not heard his mother was against him leaving.  Was this known last year?

Does anyone know what Brent advised him to do?

I believed that was mentioned in one of the threads at the time.
Have some patience, FFS.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2014, 07:13:34 PM »

Of course he was the leading scorer on an Elite 8 team...but whatever...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Abr_LU822rQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Abr_LU822rQ</a>

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2014, 07:18:17 PM »
I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that line. You were joking when you wrote that, right? No one could have possibly written that with a straight face.

Sorry, that's the deal.  I drive a used pickup truck.  I've had pick up trucks off and on for the last 20 years.  Could I be driving something a little nicer, higher end...sure.  I just don't.   I was equating it to the $600 shoes Vander purchased.  I don't see the point in it.  Don't need a high end car, $600 sneakers, $3000 TV, $2000 suit, etc.  Doesn't mean I'm riding around in a Ford Festiva with a $79 suit, either, it's just the high end extremes I don't get.  I'd prefer to be somewhere down the middle.

One of the big reasons I want out of California. The value for the cost is extremely overrated, beyond overrated....at least for me.  If others want to pay a premium for it, go for it, but I don't get it.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2014, 07:25:36 PM »

Sorry, that's the deal.  I drive a used pickup truck.  I've had pick up trucks off and on for the last 20 years.  Could I be driving something a little nicer, higher end...sure.  I just don't.   I was equating it to the $600 shoes Vander purchased.  I don't see the point in it.  Don't need a high end car, $600 sneakers, $3000 TV, $2000 suit, etc.  Doesn't mean I'm riding around in a Ford Festiva with a $79 suit, either, it's just the high end extremes I don't get.  I'd prefer to be somewhere down the middle.

One of the big reasons I want out of California. The value for the cost is extremely overrated, beyond overrated....at least for me.  If others want to pay a premium for it, go for it, but I don't get it.

Even funnier! You're a parody of yourself at this point. Highly entertaining. Thank you!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2014, 07:28:13 PM »
I didn't know DirectTV had you lugging their equipment around.

If you are trying to boast about frugality, a pickup truck isn't exactly the best way.

I will personally never judge someone for spending top dollar on a tool of their craft. Vander plays basketball. Shoes are probably the most important piece of equipment a basketball player will own. Its like a plumber owning his tools, a farmer with a tractor, or someone who actually needs a truck (painter, landscaper, etc.) owning a truck  ;)

I need a truck for what I do with it on the weekends.  No point in buying something you don't need, or overspending for something you can get of high quality at a lower price.

I understand your point on his craft...that's a good point.  I hope that was the case, and not $600 shoes that will have no bearing on his hoops functions, but rather because they looked cool.  To each their own, just don't totally get it.  Then again, I see some pretty crazy stuff out here with some focus groups and such.  If I had a dollar every time I saw someone that had a very expensive TV, top of the line phone and rims for the ride, but was living in a place that was unhealthy and borderline dangerous....you get the idea.  Different priorities for different folks.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2014, 07:29:23 PM »
It is hard to feel for someone who made a free choice.

The risk in leaving early is a worn bus in West Texas trying to make a living on what seems like beer money.

I give Vander credit for trying. I also think he was poorly served and I wonder how much of the strife and problems that surfaced in 2013-2014 were factors in Vander's decision to leave.

By the way, God love his mother. Her priorities were in the right place.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2014, 07:29:30 PM »
Even funnier! You're a parody of yourself at this point. Highly entertaining. Thank you!

I'm glad to entertain.  Last week you said I wasn't funny at all because I hurt your liberal feelings.  Today, I'm knocking you out of the chair with laughter.

Talent.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2014, 07:40:25 PM »

My opinion is Eddie's does fish better than steak.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"