collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU Lax  (Read 5808 times)

Atticus

• All American
MU Lax
« on: May 14, 2014, 08:05:10 PM »
I don't get to Milwaukee often so I would like to hear what locals have to say about our new lax program. I do a lot of work in NYC so I hear a bit about LAX. Everything I hear makes it sound like investing in this sport is a waste of money. From what I have heard, the men's head coach isn't very good and there are about 20 variables that makes this sport seem like a waste of money. We won't compete. Thoughts?

Blackhat

• All American
Re: MU Lax
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 08:06:14 PM »
Pretty sure the mu lax coach just won Big East coach of the year.   

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 08:07:30 PM »
Also looks like Louis Bennett, MU men's soccer coach, has taken recruiting up another notch.  A top 10 class...could he be making a run at a natty?

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 08:08:53 PM »
Pretty sure the mu lax coach just won Big East coach of the year.   

Tallest midget award. Just sayin'! Didn't our last AD call this sport a waste of money?

And how could the coach be BE Coach of the year? They sucked!

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 08:09:36 PM »
Tallest midget award. Just sayin'! Didn't our last AD call this sport a waste of money?

And how could the coach be BE Coach of the year? They sucked!

A Lacrosse troll....this is new and slightly pathetic.

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 08:14:41 PM »
A Wisconsinite who thinks he knows about lax. That would be u.

Amplo is ok. To put it another way....if the Maryland, cuse, Hopkins job ever opened up, Amplo wouldn't be considered. Look at where amplo recruits. It's just a tough
Sport that sucks money

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 09:05:08 PM »
A Wisconsinite who thinks he knows about lax. That would be u.

Amplo is ok. To put it another way....if the Maryland, cuse, Hopkins job ever opened up, Amplo wouldn't be considered. Look at where amplo recruits. It's just a tough
Sport that sucks money

Wow. One of my kids played LAX at Middlebury. It is a fantastic sport. What's your beef with LAX?

Death on call

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 09:07:20 PM »
So you want to ask our opinions... only to tell us what our opinions should be?

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 09:56:04 PM »
So a first year program that finishes 2nd in the conference (4-2) and 6-10 overall is a waste?

They beat a good Hofstra team and held their own against a number of ranked teams.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 08:52:48 AM »
I've played lacrosse my whole life. Anyone who says it sucks or is a waste doesn't understand the sport and has never picked up a stick. MU's team is heading in the right direction. A good benchmark would be to compare us to Michigan because we both went D1 at the same time, although we chose to practice for a year while they went straight into playing a full season. From what I know we did much better than the Wolverines this year and the future is bright for MU.

Amplo is the man btw
Bring back FFP!!!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 12:57:48 PM »
Team if full of a lot dicks who think they're the Sh*t despite nobody on campus caring about them, seriously the club team when I played preNCAA team had more fans.  It was better when the Club team owned Lax on campus.  At least if we'd added hockey those guys would have fans and could think they're awesome.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 01:07:18 PM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 01:17:09 PM »
Team if full of a lot dicks who think they're the Sh*t despite nobody on campus caring about them, seriously the club team when I played preNCAA team had more fans.  It was better when the Club team owned Lax on campus.  At least if we'd added hockey those guys would have fans and could think they're awesome.

Stop beating around the bush. Tell us how you really feel, boxer. It's tough to gauge your true thoughts on this.

Death on call

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 01:30:29 PM »
Stop beating around the bush. Tell us how you really feel, boxer. It's tough to gauge your true thoughts on this.

Ya I didn't want anyone really figuring out my opinion of the team.  Best to just let people wonder
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 02:05:03 PM »
The recruiting jobs that the LAX and soccer teams (both guys and gals) is even more remarkable considering they have to practice and play in the f*cking cold most of the time, and they don't have an indoor practice facility of their own.

If I had been recruited by both Marquette and a reasonably equivalent school/program in the South or West, I know where I'd be going.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 03:03:53 PM »
The recruiting jobs that the LAX and soccer teams (both guys and gals) is even more remarkable considering they have to practice and play in the f*cking cold most of the time, and they don't have an indoor practice facility of their own.

If I had been recruited by both Marquette and a reasonably equivalent school/program in the South or West, I know where I'd be going.

That's why Larry Williams was pushing for a fieldhouse.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 04:54:20 PM »
I don't care about LAX, have no opinion one way or the other about MU sponsoring it at a varsity level (beyond a general opinion that more sports is better than less sports)

But I think the season MU LAX put together is pretty darn impressive, considering how new the program is. Can you imagine a brand new basketball program going 4-2 (or what the equivalent would be....12-6) in the Big East and taking second place?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 04:56:21 PM by Bleuteaux »

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 08:05:34 PM »

Does the current team wear thongs like their club counterparts?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2014, 09:56:04 PM »
I've played lacrosse my whole life. Anyone who says it sucks or is a waste doesn't understand the sport and has never picked up a stick. MU's team is heading in the right direction. A good benchmark would be to compare us to Michigan because we both went D1 at the same time, although we chose to practice for a year while they went straight into playing a full season. From what I know we did much better than the Wolverines this year and the future is bright for MU.

Amplo is the man btw

Not sure how Michigan is, but I do know they killed MU early in the season.  Might have been an exhibition.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2014, 11:11:22 PM »
Not sure how Michigan is

Michigan is outstanding even on a bad day!

Death on call

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2014, 11:16:28 PM »

Buddy of mine did undergrad at Purdue and law at MU.  We're at Hegs one time and the rugby players were getting naked, again (NORM!).  He looked at them and then at me and said, you guys need a football team.  That sh!t doesn't happen with a football team.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2014, 11:57:32 PM »
Michigan is outstanding even on a bad day!

Ann Arbor is a whore

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2014, 12:01:19 PM »
Buddy of mine did undergrad at Purdue and law at MU.  We're at Hegs one time and the rugby players were getting naked, again (NORM!).  He looked at them and then at me and said, you guys need a football team.  That sh!t doesn't happen with a football team.

Even a hockey team would put them in their place.  Need a bigger tougher contact sport to put full contact athletes in their place.  It's like me when I meet and MMA fighter or when I played lax and would meet a hockey or football player.
Maigh Eo for Sam

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2014, 01:53:39 PM »

Maybe it's just me but a bunch of dudes trowing down and hanging out together is f ucked up. That's not a crowd I want any part of.

Death on call

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2014, 05:43:50 PM »
Maybe it's just me but a bunch of dudes trowing down and hanging out together is f ucked up. That's not a crowd I want any part of.

Yet you hang out on scoop.  Most of these mofos on here post with no pants on too.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2014, 07:42:07 PM »
Yet you hang out on scoop.  Most of these mofos on here post with no pants on too.

Well, that's only when they're at work, no?

Death on call

feedback