collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marc Marotta’s Mequon McMansion  (Read 44680 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Marc Marotta’s Mequon McMansion
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2014, 02:21:44 PM »
I am amazed that a 16,000 square foot home would have a galley kitchen.  Or maybe wealthy Brits don't feel the need to have the show-off gourmet kitchen that the don't actually use like rich Americans do.
Have some patience, FFS.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2014, 02:53:11 PM »
I am amazed that a 16,000 square foot home would have a galley kitchen.  Or maybe wealthy Brits don't feel the need to have the show-off gourmet kitchen that the don't actually use like rich Americans do.

If you pay $250 million for a home, you have a staff of 10 to 15 to run it and you can live it for years without ever stepping foot in the kitchen.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:20:58 PM by Heisenberg »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2014, 03:19:05 PM »
We get things like that out this way.

Connecticut's Copper Beech sells for a record $120 million

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101580697

Slim

• All American
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2014, 03:29:03 PM »
I am surprised that no one has mentioned that Marotta never actually lived in this house. He was "out of the house" before they actually moved in!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2014, 04:12:17 PM »
I am surprised that no one has mentioned that Marotta never actually lived in this house. He was "out of the house" before they actually moved in!

Was he outraged by Mrs. Marotta's personal hypocrisy as regards her corporate responsibilities?

Death on call

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2014, 06:15:51 AM »
We get things like that out this way.

Connecticut's Copper Beech sells for a record $120 million

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101580697

This record last two weeks ....

http://pagesix.com/2014/05/02/mystery-buyer-snatches-east-hampton-mansion-for-145m/

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2014, 08:32:32 AM »
With the cold weather of the week water temperatures dropped.  We went for steelhead instead and had a fabulous day.  Not only is the run historic this year but the sizes have been prolific, lots of 30" fish which are rare n some bigger,  my buddy has caught 2 over 35, which are normally a once in a lifetime fish.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2014, 09:23:46 AM »
With the cold weather of the week water temperatures dropped.  We went for steelhead instead and had a fabulous day.  Not only is the run historic this year but the sizes have been prolific, lots of 30" fish which are rare n some bigger,  my buddy has caught 2 over 35, which are normally a once in a lifetime fish.

Did you go down by Twin Branch, or further down river?

I gotta believe TB is just mobbed.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2014, 09:43:03 AM »
Fished between main n logan in Mish.  Some really nice shallow gravel bars thru there,  saw nice numbers of fish move up all morning.  Not sure how to post pics thru an iphone with post one when i get to a pc

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2014, 09:46:39 AM »
Fished between main n logan in Mish.  Some really nice shallow gravel bars thru there,  saw nice numbers of fish move up all morning.  Not sure how to post pics thru an iphone with post one when i get to a pc

Great area.  The flats in front of Kamm's island have a lot of gravel and bedding areas.  Try right in front of the channel between the island and shore too.

There's a couple of deep holes right under the Merrifield Park bridge.  Also right under the walking bridge for Eberhardt.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2014, 11:02:15 AM »
Great area.  The flats in front of Kamm's island have a lot of gravel and bedding areas.  Try right in front of the channel between the island and shore too.

There's a couple of deep holes right under the Merrifield Park bridge.  Also right under the walking bridge for Eberhardt.

...and the slaughter continues unabated...

Just kidding. My buds are headed up to Gustavus in a few weeks but I have to take a pass this year. Supposed to be a record year for chinook. There is nothing like a 45 lb king making three long runs. Magnificent.

Death on call

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2014, 10:02:07 AM »
I dont get it.  I own a home that is over 5000 sq feet, i also own a porsche, a bmw, a vw, a volvo, an audi, and a full sized 4 door dodge ram.
Does this make me a bad guy?

Also i am fishing the smallmouth spawn tommorow, is that another check in the negative column?

17,000sf or GTFO

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2014, 10:28:21 AM »
...and the slaughter continues unabated...

Just kidding. My buds are headed up to Gustavus in a few weeks but I have to take a pass this year. Supposed to be a record year for chinook. There is nothing like a 45 lb king making three long runs. Magnificent.

Salivating reading these reports... heading to the Sandy and the Deschutes next week

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2014, 11:23:02 AM »
Proves I have been wrong about the value of an MU degree. Marotta has cashed in on his. Did he get his law degree from MU or elsewhere?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2014, 02:49:33 PM »
Proves I have been wrong about the value of an MU degree. Marotta has cashed in on his. Did he get his law degree from MU or elsewhere?

Harvard.
Have some patience, FFS.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2014, 05:17:36 PM »
Harvard.
Thanks--that reduces the value of the MU degree to the level of a UW degree.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2014, 08:39:50 AM »
I don't think that's a McMansion. That falls in the Mansion category.
We Are Marquette

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2014, 09:22:10 AM »
There's a local mansion for sale that was just put on the market.

Pictures: Ron Howard's Greenwich Estate
http://www.courant.com/business/real-estate/hc-pictures-ron-howards-greenwich-estate-20140505,0,748209.photogallery

Director Howard's Conyers Farm house on the market
http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Director-Howard-s-Conyers-Farm-house-on-the-market-5450123.php

Director Howard's Conyers Farm house on the market
Maggie Gordon
Published 12:44 am, Saturday, May 3, 2014

Greenwich resident and famed Hollywood director Ron Howard listed his Conyers Farm compound this week, asking $27.5 million for the chance to take his place in Greenwich's backcountry. The Howard family has called the 32-acre estate home for two decades.

"We moved 3,000 miles away from the hub of Los Angeles to raise our family here," Howard said in a statement Friday. "Whether we're watching films in our theater, walking the trails throughout our property, star gazing in our observatory, or just relaxing with friends and loved ones by the lake, Cheryl and I feel we've accomplished the goals we set when we began work on this place. Our children are grown, so it's time to move on, but the memories of this very special place will never leave us."

Greenwich Brokerage independent sales associate Lyn Stevens and her team were selected to co-market the Howard estate along with Tamar Lurie, a top-producing sales associate affiliated with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in Connecticut and Westchester, N.Y.

The Howard family has spent limited time in Greenwich in recent years, coming for holidays and other special occasions, while living most of the time in California, Lurie said.

But Stevens said, "We don't know that Greenwich is losing the Howards.

"They have been very bold about saying that they love Greenwich and hope to have a presence here, so we hope they stay," Stevens said Friday. "But our focus right now is getting this house sold for them."

The Howards came to Greenwich in 1985, for the most part to raise their children outside of the show-business bubble. They raised three daughters and a son here, sending them to Greenwich Country Day School. In 1994, they built the 17,200-square-foot, shingle-style mansion on their backcountry property, which they cobbled together from three undeveloped parcels.

In Greenwich, show business "is not what people think about all the time," Ron Howard told Greenwich Time in 1986. "You don't go into a restaurant and overhear people talking about film deals or television game shows or things like that."

Shortly after the move, Howard described getting used to life outside of Hollywood.

"In a way, you know, it's kind of like we're visiting Disneyland or something right now," he told the newspaper. "It's such a change for us and we're excited about it."

Living here allowed Howard to remain connected to the entertainment industry, given the proximity to New York, while being present in the lives of his children. He also liked the town because people didn't make a big deal over him.

"People don't hound you in Greenwich," he told Greenwich Time in 1991. "Everybody there might be interested, but in Greenwich, they are pretty cool. They're sophisticated."

Unlike some notables who live here, but never emerge from behind stone walls, the Howards have been part of the community.

From time to time they could be seen eating anywhere from Gabriele's Italian Steak House on Church Street or the Ginger Man on Greenwich Avenue to Tomatillo Taco Joint on Railroad Avenue and the Fairways Restaurant at the Griff on King Street.

They spoke at public meetings against plans to install a cellular phone tower at Parkway School in 1990. When a "Go Greener Greenwich Student Environmental Video Contest" was announced in 2009, Ron Howard agreed to be a judge. He did the same for the Junior League of Greenwich's inaugural Greenwich Youth Film Festival three years later.

Nearly 25 years ago, when austerity measures threatened fire station closings, the Howards arranged for proceeds from the first Greenwich showings of his film "Backdraft" to go to the Greenwich Fire Department.

"When I saw that headline in Greenwich Time, I panicked -- just couldn't believe it," Cheryl Howard said during a news conference at the Central Fire Station in 1991. "We thought (the benefit) was the best way for us to show our appreciation to the firefighters."

Another time, Howard allowed a Cos Cob resident to arrange an advanced screening of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" to raise money for cancer research.

Stevens thinks it's likely the next owners will be similar.

"The buyer could be someone very much like the Howards -- someone with a higher profile who wants to enjoy some anonymity and privacy in that setting," she said.

The house, which technically sits in North Castle, N.Y., though all entrances are located in Greenwich, is tucked away beneath a canopy of trees.

"It's like a magical compound. You drive onto the property and you're greeted by two beautiful barns with paddocks, grazing sheep and miniature horses. It feels very much like a gentleman's farm," said Stevens, who added that the lake-side compound also includes a greenhouse, professional-grade observatory, formal and informal gardens and "everything you can imagine. It has a very serene and welcoming, inspiring feel to it. That's probably why they've been here for so long, because it's such a great environment to be creating in."

At $27.5 million, the estate is just one of three homes in town priced above $25 million currently. (The list includes Hollywood producer Bob Weinstein's waterfront home, listed at $32 million.) But while the price is at the top of the Greenwich market, Lurie said she and Stevens have already been hearing from other brokers, and they expect the house to make a big splash.

"I think the timing is great," Stevens said. "There's some real energy in the high end, and the $120 million sale last month (of Copper Beech Farm, the most expensive residential property sale on record in the U.S.) has given great confidence back to the high-end buyer that Greenwich is a great place for an investment."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2014, 11:08:04 AM »
Gabriele's Italian Steak House on Church Street

Their rib eye with mascarpone mashed is exquisite.

Death on call

Goose

• All American
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2014, 06:39:53 PM »
Keefe

You do have excellent taste. Gabriele's is outstanding. I have had some great meals there. Surprised such a simple guy gets around as much you do:)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2014, 07:37:13 PM »
Keefe

You do have excellent taste. Gabriele's is outstanding. I have had some great meals there. Surprised such a simple guy gets around as much you do:)

Gabriele's is indeed outstanding but this side of Siena I would say that Va Bene is still the best I have found. Bellisimo!

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2014, 08:13:44 PM »
  Salivating reading these reports... heading to the Sandy and the Deschutes next week

I just noticed this. Some buds just got back from the Lower Deschutes and said redsides were hitting on stonefly nymphs. Water level is perfect this year. Good luck!

Death on call

feedback