Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Barney's home for sale.  (Read 70847 times)

Eldon

• All American
Re: Barney's home for sale.
« Reply #225 on: October 12, 2014, 11:50:12 AM »
Listing says that the house has an elevator.  Why in the world is there an elevator in that house?

Great thread, btw, filled with a good blend of thoughtful comments as well as funny ones.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #226 on: October 12, 2014, 12:23:33 PM »
Listing says that the house has an elevator.  Why in the world is there an elevator in that house?

That helped recruiting

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #227 on: October 12, 2014, 02:11:21 PM »

Great thread, btw, filled with a good blend of thoughtful comments as well as funny ones.

Cause Bert doesn't want to change shirts every time he walks up the stairs.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #228 on: October 12, 2014, 02:54:40 PM »

Have a friend with that scale of house and it has an elevator.   Such house are also built for large scale entertaining and it's nice to be ADA accessible when such events are business in nature. 

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #229 on: October 13, 2014, 12:31:30 AM »
Let's scrap together a fundraiser to put in an offer? Official scoop away game viewing location?
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #230 on: October 13, 2014, 08:41:25 AM »

Not unusual for a house like that.  Probably also has radiant heat, a sophisticated alarm system, a separate area for staff and a "cook's kitchen."  Remember it is 13,000 square feet or about 6 times the typical Milwaukee home.

See the picture of the custom bar, that probably cost more than the Elevator.  It is problaby at least $1,000/month to heat the basketball court in the winter.

Lastly, people that buy this kind of house, come in with a six-figure redecorating budget.  So they will re-do it and if you see pictures of it a year or so after it is bought, it will look nothing like these pictures.  So don't get hung up on color or style, all that is getting changed by the new owners.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #231 on: October 13, 2014, 11:29:56 AM »

It was put in by Buzz as a tribute to the "Elevator Man", Ric Cobb.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #232 on: October 13, 2014, 12:13:07 PM »
Not unusual for a house like that.  Probably also has radiant heat, a sophisticated alarm system, a separate area for staff and a "cook's kitchen."  Remember it is 13,000 square feet or about 6 times the typical Milwaukee home.

See the picture of the custom bar, that probably cost more than the Elevator.  It is problaby at least $1,000/month to heat the basketball court in the winter.

Lastly, people that buy this kind of house, come in with a six-figure redecorating budget.  So they will re-do it and if you see pictures of it a year or so after it is bought, it will look nothing like these pictures.  So don't get hung up on color or style, all that is getting changed by the new owners.

I doubt it has a cook's kitchen.  Although very large, the basketball court amounts to over a 1/3 of the total size.  The home in general looks very poorly done and cheaply built.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #233 on: October 14, 2014, 10:38:19 AM »
I doubt it has a cook's kitchen.  Although very large, the basketball court amounts to over a 1/3 of the total size.  The home in general looks very poorly done and cheaply built.

You can tell all this from a handful of broker pictures? 

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
« Reply #234 on: October 14, 2014, 12:03:35 PM »
You can tell all this from a handful of broker pictures? 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »

No mention of the "Panic Room"

Death on call

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #236 on: October 14, 2014, 04:30:01 PM »
I can imagine that being a tough sell.  I've driven by the property (#stalker) .. it's very isolated, but in a strange way.  It was a new subdivision (previously called an "equestrian" sub, as it encouraged homes with horses, or so that's what I figured it meant.) 

So .. there's very few neighbors in the area as these lots have gone unsold for 5-8 years now.  So .. it's not like a secluded house in the forest .. it's secluded out in the open with no mature trees.

A lot better places to drop $2m.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2014, 12:19:57 AM »
I haven't been following the thread, but before I'd give Buzz 2 mm for his old house I'd pay 2.2 mm for the Mackie bldg.  Houses the Grain Exchange and others.  Truly beautiful and historically relevant.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #238 on: October 15, 2014, 09:45:03 AM »
Does anyone know ... did VT buys his house or is the first year of Brent's new contract sitting in Mequon with a for sale sign in front of it?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #239 on: October 15, 2014, 09:47:25 AM »
Does anyone know ... did VT buys his house or is the first year of Brent's new contract sitting in Mequon with a for sale sign in front of it?

Either way, I'm sure he's not starving living in a Motel 6.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #240 on: October 15, 2014, 09:55:03 AM »
Where in the house is Goodman's guest bedroom?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #241 on: October 15, 2014, 09:58:06 AM »
Where in the house is Goodman's guest bedroom?

You mean where was Corey williams forced to stay when Buzz and Goodman would stay together in the master bedroom?
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #242 on: October 15, 2014, 09:59:18 AM »
I can imagine that being a tough sell.  I've driven by the property (#stalker) .. it's very isolated, but in a strange way.  It was a new subdivision (previously called an "equestrian" sub, as it encouraged homes with horses, or so that's what I figured it meant.) 

So .. there's very few neighbors in the area as these lots have gone unsold for 5-8 years now.  So .. it's not like a secluded house in the forest .. it's secluded out in the open with no mature trees.

That location is so remote for the community it is in, Mequon.  You probably would default to Cedarburg for shopping etc but for schools and your kids friends, you're doing a lot of driving.  I don't get the appeal.  Then again I live on a postage stamp lot in WFB so most of America thinks I'm crazy.  

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #243 on: October 15, 2014, 10:04:48 AM »
Either way, I'm sure he's not starving living in a Motel 6.

No but if they did not buy his house, all those mind numbing analysis of his contract being worth more or less than his MU contract means he took a huge financial step backwards go to VT.

Having to leave behind a few million in an illiquid asset should matter a lot when arguing salary.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2014, 10:28:31 AM »

It is an unusual subdivision which is now getting closer to being built out with several Mequon ACC approvals in process.  But, Buzz's house is overbuilt for that subdivision along with the unusual interior.  Don't think Buzz was intending to leave when he "built". 

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2014, 10:44:10 AM »
No but if they did not buy his house, all those mind numbing analysis of his contract being worth more or less than his MU contract means he took a huge financial step backwards go to VT.

Having to leave behind a few million in an illiquid asset should matter a lot when arguing salary.

If anything became clear from Buzz's MU exit, he is not necessarily motivated by rational thought. He is more motivated by fear of failure. Even if a couple million dollars are locked up in his old house, its probably worth it to him for the reduced expectations of his new job and not having to worry about performing at a high level for a few years. Seriously.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #246 on: October 15, 2014, 10:48:19 AM »
It is an unusual subdivision which is now getting closer to being built out with several Mequon ACC approvals in process.  But, Buzz's house is overbuilt for that subdivision along with the unusual interior.  Don't think Buzz was intending to leave when he "built". 

I heard someone suggest that Buzz should donate the house to Marquette to be used for retreats.  Not a horrible idea if he'd go for it, but I can't see that getting through zoning.
Have some patience, FFS.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #247 on: October 15, 2014, 10:49:56 AM »
I heard someone suggest that Buzz should donate the house to Marquette to be used for retreats.  Not a horrible idea if he'd go for it, but I can't see that getting through zoning.

What on earth would motivate Buzz to donate $2 million to Marquette?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #248 on: October 15, 2014, 10:50:38 AM »
If anything became clear from Buzz's MU exit, he is not necessarily motivated by rational thought. He is more motivated by fear of failure. Even if a couple million dollars are locked up in his old house, its probably worth it to him for the reduced expectations of his new job and not having to worry about performing at a high level for a few years. Seriously.

This is spot on

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #249 on: October 15, 2014, 10:55:35 AM »
What on earth would motivate Buzz to donate $2 million to Marquette?

Not saying he would....he's more likely to donate it to the Baptist church (or whatever denomination he belongs to),  and at least he wouldn't have to pay property taxes, HOA, and upkeep any more.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 10:58:39 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback