[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: YOU SEE THAT BRENT?? Guard's game!  (Read 31973 times)

WadeATKBurton

• All American
Re: YOU SEE THAT BRENT?? Guard's game!
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2014, 12:10:08 AM »

10-15 seconds would be more like it. 3rd string PG behind Duane and Dawson.

That would be my dream scenario.  Make it come true COACH Wojo!

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2014, 12:12:40 AM »
His game is a joke. I saw him play 47 Minutes against St Johns and score 2 points...
Hope Wojo doesn't play him more than 10-15 Mpg next year and thats a stretch.

Wojo averaged what ....5 or 6 pts a game?  Perhaps he can work with D.Wilson.  Wilson doesn't need to average high numbers to be successful.  He just needs to disrupt the flow of the game with his defense and distribute the ball well.  If he can those two things well next year, he'll be much improved.  Let's get some support for him, rather than use him as a scapegoat.  

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2014, 12:14:47 AM »

Wojo averaged what ....5 or 6 pts a game?  Perhaps he can work with D.Wilson.  Wilson doesn't need to average high numbers to be successful.  He just needs to disrupt the flow of the game with his defense and distribute the ball well.  If he can those two things well next year, he'll be much improved.  Let's get some support for him, rather than use him as a scapegoat.  

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:16:55 AM by Nevada233 »

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2014, 12:16:21 AM »
That would be my dream scenario.  Make it come true COACH Wojo!

Im with it.

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2014, 12:18:06 AM »

Do you think D.Wilson can get us to a Final Four?

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2014, 12:29:16 AM »
Do you think D.Wilson can get us to a Final Four?

In the Old Spice Classic - yes. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2014, 12:53:04 AM »
We had a future NBA traditional point guard (and an NBA sharpshooting traditional wing) in 2004 and 2005 and ended up 15-17 in CUSA with two less than impressive NIT appearances.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2014, 12:56:06 AM »
We had a future NBA traditional point guard (and an NBA sharpshooting traditional wing) in 2004 and 2005 and ended up 15-17 in CUSA with two less than impressive NIT appearances.

I would go traditional coach as well.  Crean is a terrible coach.  We should have never had lost to Kansas that badly in the final four.  Other than that, defeat .....we had a difficult time advancing in the NCAA's under Crean.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2014, 12:57:37 AM »
We spent a large portion of 2005 without that point guard and no backup to speak of.  Players get hurt, such is life, but you can't say we missed the tourney in 2005 because of the traditional point guard.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2014, 01:25:23 AM »

Interesting, you got wood yesterday saying I PURPOSELY LEFT OUT stuff or things were "TECHNICALLY TRUE", but only there to mislead.

So, let's play your game.

A CUSA that sent more teams to the NCAA tournament then the BIG Ten did....that was an excellent CUSA.  You left that out....probably on purpose cuz cuz well cuz.

Diener was hurt in both of those years...you left that out on purpose, clearly even if it is technically true that he played for both teams.  Clearly you were trying to mislead. 

Isn't this fun? 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2014, 01:27:32 AM »
I would go traditional coach as well.  Crean is a terrible coach.  We should have never had lost to Kansas that badly in the final four.  Other than that, defeat .....we had a difficult time advancing in the NCAA's under Crean.

Oh stop...the team shot 29%, it is what it is.  A week earlier we never should have beaten the number one team in the country....was that due to a terrible coach?

If you want to play that game, we never should have lost to Washington, or got blown out by Syracuse and not even scored 40 points...a team we played twice a year and knew inside and out.  So on and so forth.  It's the NCAA tournament, stuff happens...great wins, bad losses, everything in between. 

I'm still waiting for all those Final Fours at MU not from a guy named McGuire or Crean.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2014, 01:38:07 AM »
This thread is a joke.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2014, 02:18:37 AM »
We should have never had lost to Kansas that badly in the final four. 

One of the darkest days in Marquette history. To be humiliated before an entire nation? I have no more tears to give.

Death on call

reinko

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2014, 05:56:15 AM »
Brent slurping still I see

Willie and Ners!  I didn't know you guys were expecting a little MUScoop baby boy.  That is soooo adorable, takes after his dads for sure!

So looking forward to the adventures you three will have berating Derrick Wilson and saying I told you so about Buzz.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 06:57:59 AM by reinko »

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2014, 06:32:21 AM »
Napier and Boatright are studs...both play so low to the ground, can get a step on anyone..both shoot it so well, and handle it so well.

Contrast them with what our starting backcourt was last season...WOW...just wow!  Looking forward to seeing what Duane and Dawson can do next year getting major minutes.  Throw them to the fire from Day 1 next year...they are the future...let them get all that experience next year...could bode really well for the 2015-2016 season...paired with Burton, Fischer and JJJ...

Isn't that horse dead yet?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2014, 07:09:31 AM »
Thats what two great STARTING guards gets you! A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Congrats UCONN.
Wait... we had Jake and Derrick...so we had great starting guards also..including an elite defending gamechanger. Ask Buzz.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2014, 07:21:33 AM »
Not one bit. I just never saw Boatright and Napier play against Derrick and Jake. Must've missed it.

They did...last year.  Combined for 1 point, 1 assist, 2 rebounds, 2 turnovers, but only played 16 minutes because the coach still had some grasp of reality.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=330010269

PVMagic

• Starter
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2014, 07:36:56 AM »
Man... I would have thought the good vibes from the wojo hire would have kept entire threads dedicated to trashing our own players off of this site for at least a week... Didn't quite make it.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2014, 07:40:35 AM »
One of the darkest days in Marquette history. To be humiliated before an entire nation? I have no more tears to give.

This thread will forever be a black mark in Marquette history.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2014, 07:47:05 AM »
Jerel, Wes, DJames, Mo, Cubi, Buycks, DJO, Junior, and Vander all agree. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2014, 07:54:21 AM »
One other thing---UConn played BASKETBALL, Kentucky tried to look "Cool" on every shot. Johnson their
Center tried to do an underhand scoop layup. Didn't work. KU played "PUNK" Ball. Play the game way it
should be played. Experience won. One and doners-Bah"

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2014, 07:54:54 AM »
Jerel, Wes, DJames, Mo, Cubi, Buycks, DJO, Junior, and Vander all agree. 

Man, I hate to say but those MARQUETTE players never had the killer instict that Shabazz and Boatright has.

I get your point tho.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2014, 07:57:02 AM »
One other thing---UConn played BASKETBALL, Kentucky tried to look "Cool" on every shot. Johnson their
Center tried to do an underhand scoop layup. Didn't work. KU played "PUNK" Ball. Play the game way it
should be played. Experience won. One and doners-Bah"

+5 for the "traditionalists"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2014, 08:11:43 AM »
Interesting, you got wood yesterday saying I PURPOSELY LEFT OUT stuff or things were "TECHNICALLY TRUE", but only there to mislead.

So, let's play your game.

A CUSA that sent more teams to the NCAA tournament then the BIG Ten did....that was an excellent CUSA.  You left that out....probably on purpose cuz cuz well cuz.

Diener was hurt in both of those years...you left that out on purpose, clearly even if it is technically true that he played for both teams.  Clearly you were trying to mislead. 

Isn't this fun? 

What was our record in mighty CUSA in 2004 and 2005 in games our traditional NBA point guard and our traditional NBA deadeye shooting power forward played? Hint: not good. See how much fun this is?

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2014, 08:13:37 AM »
Isn't that horse dead yet?

Being excited over next year's potential guard play??  Don't think that horse is dead yet.  And as for the contrast between UCONN's guards and ours this past season...it's a comparison worth noting.....that's what it takes to win championships or at a high level....and the disparity between guards like the Harrison twins and Napier/Boatright compared with our backcourt last season....it actually probably was a miracle the team did go 17-15.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

feedback