[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Badger hate  (Read 27332 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Badger hate
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2014, 12:32:36 PM »
I softened as years went by. Wisconsin had two coaches---Bill Cofield and Stu Jackson. Both worse than idiots.
I hated everything about Wisconsin. Even the grass around the University. I was 1 of 2 MU backers against
about 25 at work. Another reason. But when Dick Bennett came I softened until Wisco played MU. Go MU.
Cofield had the great remark that Larry Petty out of NY was the next Lou Alcindor (Abdul Jabbar). Petty stunk.
I believe Cofield had the Gregory boys who robbed the dorms. Hatred all the way.

Don't forget about Steve Yoder between those two. Also not exactly a Mensa candidate. And I think he was an even worse announcer than coach, if that was possible.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2014, 12:33:25 PM »
I find the fan base obnoxious... grew up in Michigan loosely following UofM, and their fan base is probably just as obnoxious, but they have the titles and tradition to back it up.

UW's fanbase is just obnoxious without the accomplishment to back it up.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2014, 12:35:51 PM »
And if a UW fan comes to this board and reads this crap - what is their thought?

It's gonna be they hate MU not for the school, but because of the fans.

I love all this high and mighty talk. Fans are the same everywhere. Same at MU as at UW. The argument is pretty weak if that's all you got.

I hope UW goes 30-2 EVERY year. The two losses? To MU during the regular season and to MU in the NCAA championship game.
Don't care what they think, in fact I hope they hate MU fans as much as I hate them. It's called a rivalry. Good, clean hate for everyone. It's healthy for the soul.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2014, 12:38:30 PM »
was there when MU beat Wisco and Al danced on the scorers table. The Hughes twins dad was an idiot that
night.
  Ha, I have that as my desktop, Mr. Hughes flipping Al off. Rivalries are awesome.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

bennymoore

• Walk-On
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2014, 12:40:21 PM »
That game irked me as well.  Stanford was probably the only team in the nation with two 7 footers going to the NBA, and MU was grossly undersized.  It was a battle from the get go, and it was quite easy to develop a disdain for Stanford when you saw how intense the Lopez brothers were.  They just got right under your skin with their punk-like attitudes.  Despite their huge height advantage, MU played them aggressively, and Buzz had a great gameplan.  It's too bad we didn't have another big man on our team that year, otherwise we would have done some damage in the NCAA tourney.  
  I think that was Crean

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2014, 12:47:03 PM »
The Badgers and Notre Dame are kind of like the Red Sox to me.  I always root for them to lose regardless of the circumstances.

Pretty much. And I hate the enormous bandwagon and all of the legion of poseurs who talk INSANE amounts of crap as if they have any right to. I know a few people who are fans and aren't totally dicks about it and they're fine, but the majority are just awful and make me want the Vadgers to lose even more.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2014, 12:48:50 PM »
  I think that was Crean

Crean's last game as MU coach. 

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2014, 12:50:33 PM »
Crean's last game as MU coach. 

Shows you how much I cared for Crean. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2014, 12:54:17 PM »
One thing about this years Badger run that I would be shocked if any UW fan ever admitted to, but I think is obvious- the BC fan support against Oregon flipped the momentum of that game and carried them to the Sweet 16.  They don't get out of the 3rd round without an incredibly generous placement in Milwaukee by the tourney committee.  I'll go to my grave believing that Oregon wins that game otherwise. 

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2014, 12:55:13 PM »
One thing about this years Badger run that I would be shocked if any UW fan ever admitted to, but I think is obvious- the BC fan support against Oregon flipped the momentum of that game and carried them to the Sweet 16.  They don't get out of the 3rd round without an incredibly generous placement in Milwaukee by the tourney committee.  I'll go to my grave believing that Oregon wins that game otherwise. 
  Absolutely.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2014, 12:56:23 PM »
Buffone and O'Bradovich are a saving grace for me after a Bears loss.  I can always turn them on and laugh off the loss for a couple hours.  I think we can all agree that that is can't miss radio.
My favorite line from a screaming Doug: "Frank Omiyale should be brought up on charges, because  he got Jay Cutler killed out there!"

As far as the Cubs, hey, you don't need to explain to me what is so infuriating about the team.  They should win and they don't.  It's a joke.  You have to be a huge masochist to be a fan of the team because it's terribly run, the general fandom is obnoxious and they repeatedly let you down.  But if I started liking another team just because of that I'd be the fan I hate.  Loyal to a fault? Sign me up.
The two most painful losses sportswise for me:  2003 Game 6 - Wanted to drive into oncoming traffic, and MU/Stanford 2008 - I don't know why that one hit me so hard.

Wonderful perspective on it Rush.  Of course you have to be a Cubs fan.  I'd call you disloyal if you weren't.  Look, I'm just old enough to remember the Packer glory years.  Then it was 20+ years in purgatory before the return to prominence.  Never wavered once.  MY team.  The ONLY way.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2014, 12:58:10 PM »

Nothing generous about it.  This is how the pod system works.  They were a 2 seed, they earned that location.

Duke got sent to a location 25 miles away from their home court, but they lost.

A few years ago, Nova played in Philadelphia.

This is not unusual nor is it generous, they earned that right by getting a 2 seed.  MU fans selling their seats at crazy levels didn't help. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2014, 01:00:14 PM »
Nothing generous about it.  This is how the pod system works.  They were a 2 seed, they earned that location.

This is not unusual nor is it generous, they earned that right by getting a 2 seed.  MU fans selling their seats at crazy levels didn't help. 

I know it's not unusual, but it's crap.  Oregon as a 7 seed shouldn't be playing a de facto road game in the tournament.   They deserved a better draw than that. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2014, 01:01:45 PM »
I know it's not unusual, but it's crap.  Oregon as a 7 seed shouldn't be playing a de facto road game in the tournament.   They deserved a better draw than that. 

This tournament should not be the committee finding ways to give teams home games and that was a home game for UW. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2014, 01:03:01 PM »

You could fill in any team other than Oregon and make the same argument.  Thing is, play better during the year, get a better seed and it doesn't happen.

I have far less sympathy for that situation because Wisconsin earned it.   What pisses me off is when MU is a 6 seed and has to go to Boise to play Utah State which becomes a home game for Utah State.  That's when it is unfair because the lower seed didn't deserve that home crowd.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2014, 01:06:39 PM »
You could fill in any team other than Oregon and make the same argument.  Thing is, play better during the year, get a better seed and it doesn't happen.

I have far less sympathy for that situation because Wisconsin earned it.   What pisses me off is when MU is a 6 seed and has to go to Boise to play Utah State which becomes a home game for Utah State.  That's when it is unfair because the lower seed didn't deserve that home crowd.

We're going to agree to disagree, no school should have that enormous of a home court advantage in any NCAA tournament round.   And the Badgers weren't all that either to get that placement- 5 game losing streak in-season, including a Northwestern home loss, lost two of three heading into the tournament (I know Nebraska was on the road), you could make a strong argument the Badgers didn't do enough either. 

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2014, 01:06:58 PM »

It's luck of the draw.  

If anything, UCONN received the biggest bump by playing against Iowa St. and Mich st. @ Madison Square Garden.  That was essentially 2 home games, one of which, was the deciding factor in beating Mich St.  

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2014, 01:11:48 PM »
It's luck of the draw.  

If anything, UCONN received the biggest bump by playing against Iowa St. and Mich st. @ Madison Square Garden.  That was essentially 2 home games, one of which, was the deciding factor in beating Mich St.  

NOBODY had a bigger home court advantage in this tournament than UW did in Milwaukee.  It's as obvious as Buzz's shaved head.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2014, 01:15:14 PM »
I'll add that when the debate after the game is whether your own home building is as loud and vocal in support for your team as where you played in the tournament, that is damning testimony that you got a gift from the tournament committee. 

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2014, 01:20:35 PM »
NOBODY had a bigger home court advantage in this tournament than UW did in Milwaukee.  It's as obvious as Buzz's shaved head.

You obviously didn't watch Mich St. vs. UCONN @ MSG.  You can argue that changed the outcome of the game. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2014, 01:26:06 PM »
You obviously didn't watch Mich St. vs. UCONN @ MSG.  You can argue that changed the outcome of the game. 

The thing is UConn had to win twice, including upsetting a 2 seed, to even get to MSG.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2014, 01:27:33 PM »
Well let me add some. I am a Milw born raised MU bb fan from the early 60's I actually went to UW on a FB schollie in the Early 70's. Can u say  coach John Jardine??. Lol UW bb coach was their tennis coach. John powless. Lol. SAD! Left UW due to knee injuries. Went to MU then.. What Was there NOT to like w/MU BB?? I had season tix in Arena and of course in BC in 1988 since.  My support never wavered for MU, but I still supported UW FB. But those Badger fans have become insufferable idiots goofs, use whatever term u wish..between those fans and da Grinch, no way will we cheer for them. Gasser and Bo deserve each other as there should never be a foul called against him or the UW team.. I was lucky I'm on a sunny beach in Mexico. I checked the score at half and final. We were very happy last night.  Ok. Enuf of my rant and comments. I just wanted to weigh in from a little different perspective.  go WARRIORS!!

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2014, 01:30:17 PM »
The thing is UConn had to win twice, including upsetting a 2 seed, to even get to MSG.

I don't see how that has anything to do with having home crowds for 2 games @ MSG against tougher opponents in the sweet 16 and elite 8.  That's a huge advantage.  The crowd was going nuts for UCONN just as they were for Wisconsin vs. Oregon.    

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2014, 01:32:21 PM »
I don't see how that has anything to do with having home crowds for 2 games @ MSG against tougher opponents in the sweet 16 and elite 8.  That's a huge advantage.  The crowd was going nuts for UCONN just as they were for Wisconsin vs. Oregon.    

How many games did UW have to win to play at the Bradley Center?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2014, 01:35:02 PM »
a lifelong U of M football fan

Good man!

Death on call

feedback