[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by BobWildLoyalist
[Today at 10:36:31 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Badger hate  (Read 27333 times)

statnik

• Team Captain
Re: Badger hate
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2014, 10:17:15 AM »
I didn't root for either team, but I enjoy the type of ball Wisconsin played this year.  Team that can shoot, space properly, pass and defend.  I just enjoy teams that can shoot the basketball which opens things up for everyone else.  Thought Wisconsin's guards were also pretty good this year, even if they didn't have a natural point guard.

I'll never like the university for their smug fans, especially those that didn't attend...the state is so damn provincial it is incredible. 

ButchBadger's comment about how the NCAA lost is still laughable to me.  He's upset that UCONN and Kentucky are in the final, calling them both cheaters....the fact that Wisconsin still remains in the top 10 all-time on NCAA infractions list apparently is too hard for him to comprehend or such a stupid statement wouldn't have been made.

He's right that the NCAA lost insofar as the lack of parity amongst NCAA winners lately is unfortunate.  I wanted some new blood in there, and if it was from Wisconsin that would be even better.  The last 10-12 years, Louisville, Kentucky, UConn, Florida, North Carolina and Duke are the only teams that have won the NCAA I believe, almost all blue bloods.  We need a change to give non blue bloods some hope.  That said, UConn is much more tolerable than Kentucky, so I'll be rooting for them.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2014, 10:29:33 AM »
He's right that the NCAA lost insofar as the lack of parity amongst NCAA winners lately is unfortunate.  I wanted some new blood in there, and if it was from Wisconsin that would be even better.  The last 10-12 years, Louisville, Kentucky, UConn, Florida, North Carolina and Duke are the only teams that have won the NCAA I believe, almost all blue bloods.  We need a change to give non blue bloods some hope.  That said, UConn is much more tolerable than Kentucky, so I'll be rooting for them.

Change is coming as long as the blue bloods recruit 1 and dones.  Less talented Duke and UNC teams, left the door open for other teams to fill the vacuum.  Wisconsin was one of those teams.  Teams that coach well and have excellent junior/senior talent will always have a shot at beating the blue bloods in a 1 and done format.  We've already witnessed this with VCU, Wichita State, and George Mason. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2014, 11:29:44 AM »
He's right that the NCAA lost insofar as the lack of parity amongst NCAA winners lately is unfortunate.  I wanted some new blood in there, and if it was from Wisconsin that would be even better.  The last 10-12 years, Louisville, Kentucky, UConn, Florida, North Carolina and Duke are the only teams that have won the NCAA I believe, almost all blue bloods.  We need a change to give non blue bloods some hope.  That said, UConn is much more tolerable than Kentucky, so I'll be rooting for them.

That wasn't his point, however.  He wanted to say how dirty those programs are with the irony being that Wisconsin-madison ranks in the top 10 all time for NCAA infractions by a school.  

If you go to Buckyville, as I did this morning, he has it all laid out why the victimhood of Wisconsin should be put in bright lights.

As for the main argument, Wisconsin was 6 seconds away for playing for their first title since 1941.  Butler played for two titles in the last 6 years.  We've had final fours with Marquette, George Mason, VCU, Butler, etc in the last decade.  Just because they don't capture the title doesn't mean schools outside of the blues aren't pushing harder than ever to grab that prize.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:31:23 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2014, 12:27:46 PM »
The last 10-12 years, Louisville, Kentucky, UConn, Florida, North Carolina and Duke are the only teams that have won the NCAA I believe, almost all blue bloods.  We need a change to give non blue bloods some hope.

It's not a last 10-12 years thing. Over the last 20 years (including tonight), Maryland is the champion with the lowest status program. After that, it's either MSU, Louisville, or Florida.

Going back even further, championships have never had much parity, unless you count the peach-basket era when the Badgers got theirs.

feedback