[Today at 11:45:55 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:31:50 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MuggsyB
[Today at 10:56:27 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by Herman Cain
[June 07, 2024, 09:51:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bradley Center Court  (Read 15871 times)

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Bradley Center Court
« on: April 04, 2014, 12:46:48 PM »
The thread about changing the intro music got me thinking about other things we could change since we're getting a fresh start with Wojo. One that came to mind was the playing surface at the BC. I liked it when it came out, but now it looks dated and "loud," especially on tv. I think we could take another page from Duke and tone down the paint job. The court at Cameron is simple and elegant, whereas ours is now a bit much for me. Any thing else you'd like to see changed for next season?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Texas Western

• All American
Re: Bradley Center Court
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 12:54:51 PM »
The thread about changing the intro music got me thinking about other things we could change since we're getting a fresh start with Wojo. One that came to mind was the playing surface at the BC. I liked it when it came out, but now it looks dated and "loud," especially on tv. I think we could take another page from Duke and tone down the paint job. The court at Cameron is simple and elegant, whereas ours is now a bit much for me. Any thing else you'd like to see changed for next season?
The loud is good. People know who we are and what MU insignia is. We haven't reached the level where we can be understated.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 01:01:13 PM »
Court looks great to me.  Distinctive with MU blue and gold colors.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 01:03:16 PM »
Hmm. Maybe I'm in the minority on this. 
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »
Last time I checked Marquette is not Duke.  Just because our new coach was an assistant at Duke does not mean that he automatically thinks everything at Duke is worth bringing with him here to Marquette.  I would hope that he understands that the teams he will be recruiting and putting on the court will be of a much different make up than the teams he's used to at Duke.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 01:04:49 PM »
We got the coach, also a good president in Lovell. Now let's get rid of the "Golden Eagles". It's WARRIORS!  WARRiORS!
WARRIORS!

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 01:14:55 PM »
Last time I checked Marquette is not Duke.  Just because our new coach was an assistant at Duke does not mean that he automatically thinks everything at Duke is worth bringing with him here to Marquette.  I would hope that he understands that the teams he will be recruiting and putting on the court will be of a much different make up than the teams he's used to at Duke.

I'm sure Wojo understands that.  I'm not saying we should try to be Duke, just that I don't particularly care for our design but I like theirs.
Signature:

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 01:16:50 PM »
agree we shouldn't try to be Duke, and I'm fine with a loud court, but I think changing it up would be pretty cool. Much like how our uniforms are distinctive, I think we could be a little more unique with ours.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 01:26:18 PM »
I'd be up for taking "Al" off our jerseys.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 01:27:51 PM »

The question is, which do we replace it with, "Crean" or "Buzz"?

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 01:34:35 PM »
Court looks great to me.  Distinctive with MU blue and gold colors.

+1
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 01:36:58 PM »

No.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 01:44:01 PM »

Me too. But could be convinced otherwise. However, wouldn't mind seeing some new uniforms. The current design has run its course.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 01:51:28 PM »

Only if we replace the chicken mascot with Hologram Al.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 01:58:57 PM »
I Love "AL", but wouldn't mind taking the name off and "Yes" the unis could be changed. Still WARRIORS!

Marquette Fan in WI

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 02:01:12 PM »
It's funny you'd write this.
I read uniwatch quite a bit and during several of the games this year I was thinking about what changes MU could make.
I like the court better than during Crean's tenure

But I saw Providence playing at home this year and really like their simple design.
I think I will mock something up...
I wish the NCAA hadn't gone to the standardized courts I really liked watching and seeing the host courts during the tourney.
Seeing games at the spectrum or the big lobo on New Mexico's court.

One thing I wish MU would do is simplify the piping around the collar
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/photos/_/id/269/photoId/3643804/marquette-golden-eagles

And standardize the word "Marquette" on all of the jerseys.
Why the blue jersey font is different, I don't understand
http://espn.go.com/ncb/photos?gameId=400504464&photoId=3397543

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 02:03:46 PM »

I wish the NCAA hadn't gone to the standardized courts I really liked watching and seeing the host courts during the tourney.
Seeing games at the spectrum or the big lobo on New Mexico's court.

And standardize the word "Marquette" on all of the jerseys.
Why the blue jersey font is different, I don't understand
http://espn.go.com/ncb/photos?gameId=400504464&photoId=3397543

Agree on both of these points.  Never liked the font on the baby blues.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 02:14:27 PM »
Having "Al" on jersey, is Packers fans and announcers referring to Lombardi. Agreed they are the face of the
team. Enough is enough. New era.

DavidDiggsDawg

• Walk-On
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 02:19:13 PM »
Agree on both of these points.  Never liked the font on the baby blues.

I worked at the Spirit Shop when the baby blues first came out, and according to the people that run the spirit shop the baby blues were initially going to have the same script (which is why if you see anyone who bought the baby blue in the first year or two it DOES have the same script as the other jerseys) however the team decided to go with the script they did because it made the jerseys feel "retro". Personally i think its a nice change of pace, even if it makes no sense when the university went through all of that effort to create their "brand" across all sports to make it a uniform logo and wording.

I would love to see the old (60s I think?) blue jersey with the offset circle. It reminds me of the packers throwback jerseys.
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 02:23:42 PM »

NEVER!
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 02:32:34 PM »
I like the font on the light blues the best.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 02:49:35 PM »

+1.  But even that font isn't great.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 02:52:34 PM »

That font is the reason I didnt get the baby blue DJO jersey my freshman year.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 03:16:37 PM »
as long as we don't copy Oregon and that vomit floor...

chapman

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2014, 03:22:05 PM »
I'm good with our court and AL.  A few tweaks to the unis would be ok though.

feedback