[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Noskowiak opens up his recruitment  (Read 42627 times)

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
Re: Noskowiak opens up his recruitment
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2014, 03:28:24 PM »
Other than Dikembe Mutombo, does anyone have an all defensive highlight reel?

Josh Gasser does.  It was on Aaron Harrison's ipad before the game last night. 

#exposed

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2014, 03:36:13 PM »
In your world, a guy who takes one online class at a university is an alum, guys who have never played in the NBA are NBA players and people with multiple personalities have two - and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Suggesting that Pakuni brought welcome additional information to your intentionally misleading post is total BS, but it's how you roll. That's no mystery to most here.

In my world I use real definitions.

An alum is defined by the organization that sets the criteria.  Dick Cheney is an alum of UW-madison, even though he never graduated from there.  Tom Snyder is an alum of Marquette, even though he didn't graduate from there.  You don't like the definition because it doesn't mesh with what you thought it was, too bad.  You're wrong, deal with it.

I made a statement about SC.  It was 100% accurate.  If Pakuni wants to add to it, great...which I said to him...great.  Doesn't impact one thing I said...he was an all conference player in the Big 12.  Now, I realize he was recruited by your second favorite coach and dumped by your favoritist coach and BFF, so that doesn't square with you, but facts are facts here Lenny.  You are left devoid of them.

Now, should we talk about how even 2nd graders know about crap shoots (your words) yet you had something very different to say not all that long ago?  Can you produce that 2nd grade report card that shows you got through?   ;)

On a more important point Lenny, ever wonder why MU didn't want to keep Buzz around even after he won the war to get Larry ousted?  Why is that Lenny?  Why did your favorist BFF ever "decide" to go to Va. Tech, a program that has two NCAA appearances in the last 30 years for less money?  I wonder why that is........

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2014, 04:16:31 PM »
Chicos,

I feel to accurately understand the rift between MU and Buzz, it's important to recognize the personality that is Buzz Williams.  I believe in his own myopic view of his world he believes he was doing what was right for the program and the kids he recruited even if it was exactly the opposite of what the university wanted.  In his mind, taking chances on kids with previous transgressions was an opportunity for him to alter their trajectory in life for the better.  I think he's that big of a narcissist.  It was a win win for him in the sense that if he took a flyer on a troubled kid and turned him around he validates himself and if the kid continues with his troubles he's justified for trying while holding the kid responsible.  He only gets the credit and none of the blame.

Now Marquette may have had issues with this and in Buzz's mind it was preventing him from what he felt was him doing good.

I know people like this.  You probably do to.  I think it's spot on with regards to how he operates.

MU could be 100% justified in all of this but there's no doubt in my mind that Buzz feels 100% justified in his decisions and views the university as the real problem.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2014, 04:26:00 PM »
Chicos,

I feel to accurately understand the rift between MU and Buzz, it's important to recognize the personality that is Buzz Williams.  I believe in his own myopic view of his world he believes he was doing what was right for the program and the kids he recruited even if it was exactly the opposite of what the university wanted.  In his mind, taking chances on kids with previous transgressions was an opportunity for him to alter their trajectory in life for the better.  I think he's that big of a narcissist.  It was a win win for him in the sense that if he took a flyer on a troubled kid and turned him around he validates himself and if the kid continues with his troubles he's justified for trying while holding the kid responsible.  He only gets the credit and none of the blame.

Now Marquette may have had issues with this and in Buzz's mind it was preventing him from what he felt was him doing good.

I know people like this.  You probably do to.  I think it's spot on with regards to how he operates.

MU could be 100% justified in all of this but there's no doubt in my mind that Buzz feels 100% justified in his decisions and views the university as the real problem.

There is some truth, in my opinion, to what you are saying.  Buzz's world is a strange world and he is a very strange guy.  I use strange to be polite.  He's an odd duck to put it mildly.  I laugh a bit at Lenny (actually, I laugh a lot at Lenny) and his remarks about personalities, especially in light of Buzz's.

Buzz has always had a chip on his shoulder around the JUCO thing because he was a JUCO.  Nothing wrong with being a JUCO, but you have to be careful.  Some kids are there because they are late developers, not mature, etc. Some kids are there for reasons that are far different.  It isn't a one size fits all situation.  Where Buzz gets into trouble is defending the indefensible and he puts himself in that situation because they are his recruits.  So that's where I disagree on the win win scenario.  It's almost like he wants to be Tark 2.0 at times.  

He's a very good coach.  He did some good things for the community and MU hoops.  He helped greatly with some players in getting them where they could succeed and flourish.  He also isn't back for a reason.  When someone is that successful on the court and isn't back and has to take one of the crappiest jobs out there....there are reasons.  

brandx

« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2014, 04:26:51 PM »
That a whole half game by Wisconsin standards.

Or 4 games by DW standards

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2014, 09:22:37 PM »
Chicos,

I feel to accurately understand the rift between MU and Buzz, it's important to recognize the personality that is Buzz Williams.  I believe in his own myopic view of his world he believes he was doing what was right for the program and the kids he recruited even if it was exactly the opposite of what the university wanted.  In his mind, taking chances on kids with previous transgressions was an opportunity for him to alter their trajectory in life for the better.  I think he's that big of a narcissist.  It was a win win for him in the sense that if he took a flyer on a troubled kid and turned him around he validates himself and if the kid continues with his troubles he's justified for trying while holding the kid responsible.  He only gets the credit and none of the blame.

I know people like this.  You probably do to.  I think it's spot on with regards to how he operates.

I use to think similarly, but based on what I've been hearing over the last month I am now fairly certain that was the Schlick Brent tried to sell, but the reality is he had one goal in mind and it had nothing to do with "turning a kid's life around" or "giving a kid a second chance." The goal for him is: Win basketball games. Simple as that. Light a girl's hair on fire? No problem, if you can win me some basketball games. Punch someone in the face? Just put the ball in the hoop. Sexually assault a woman? It's okay, we'll hold a team meeting and get everyone's story on the same page. Maybe we can even call her and tell her not to press charges.

Just win, baby, win.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2014, 08:25:44 AM »
I use to think similarly, but based on what I've been hearing over the last month I am now fairly certain that was the Schlick Brent tried to sell, but the reality is he had one goal in mind and it had nothing to do with "turning a kid's life around" or "giving a kid a second chance." The goal for him is: Win basketball games. Simple as that. Light a girl's hair on fire? No problem, if you can win me some basketball games. Punch someone in the face? Just put the ball in the hoop. Sexually assault a woman? It's okay, we'll hold a team meeting and get everyone's story on the same page. Maybe we can even call her and tell her not to press charges.

Just win, baby, win.

Reading this, I was reminded of Howland.  I wonder if he really had any chance at MU.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2014, 08:27:03 AM »
Or 4 games by DW standards

You've got to stop defending the guy.  I mean, name any four game stretch where he scored 19 points.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2014, 12:04:27 PM »
Update!

As has been discussed, Illinois offered Nick Noskowiak a scholarship.  So it's probably somewhat significant that on Sunday a recruiting guy for Illinois Insider predicted that Nick will be going to Marquette for 24/7's crystal ball.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2014, 02:42:14 PM »
Update!

As has been discussed, Illinois offered Nick Noskowiak a scholarship.  So it's probably somewhat significant that on Sunday a recruiting guy for Illinois Insider predicted that Nick will be going to Marquette for 24/7's crystal ball.

Though I have much respect for Chief Illini, that blue and orange is HIDEOUS.
Ranks #2 right behind Bucky Red and White.
SS Marquette

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2014, 06:53:34 PM »
Bump.... Looks like there is interest on Wojo's end.

Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook  11h
New Marquette coach Steve Wojciechowski to meet with Sun Prairie junior Nick Noskowiak today.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2014, 06:14:10 AM »
It changed a ton.
That program was in a malaise. The players didn't want to play for Weber. Kids were quitting the program. The fans and students had turned on him. Donors were withholding money.
Bruce had to go.

Not everyone agrees with you that John Groce is a big improvement ...

Colleges in Illinois losing the hoops race

Article posted: 4/11/2014 5:18 AM

The Daily Herald
by Mike North

This year's NCAA men's basketball tournament was fantastic to watch, but without any participation from teams in Illinois, it's not as quite as much fun -- at least it wasn't for me.

If any of our teams -- Illinois, Northwestern, Northern, Southern or any other state school had participated, it would have been better.

What really hurts year after year is seeing all the terrific Chicagoland area players who have played in the tournament for other states.

I remember when Glenbrook North's Jon Scheyer was Mr. Basketball for the state of Illinois. I had his parents on the air numerous times and even Jon at one point, and I tried to steer them in the direction of a state school.

Now I think I owe them an apology.

My loyalty went too far; the kid had a fabulous college career, played a little ball overseas and won a national championship with Mike Krzyzewski and Duke.

Could he have made a difference at Illinois? Absolutely. Would he have won a national championship? The answer is no.

Frank Sinatra once sang a line, "Regrets, I had a few. But then again, too few to mention." The song line for Illinois schools should be, "Talent, we've lost a lot, too many to mention."

How about Aurora East's Ryan Boatright, who helped lead UConn to a national championship this year? Or Benet Academy's Frank Kaminsky of Lisle?

I saw Frank up close while helping as an assistant coach for Notre Dame College Prep, and he made our lives miserable with his outstanding play. Where did he go? Wisconsin -- a Final Four team this year, which also featured Ben Brust of Mundelein High School and Duje Dukan of Deerfield High School.

And then there's Simeon standout Jabari Parker, who went with Coach K at Duke. I am sure there are plenty of others you will either email me about or tweet.

Illinois last reached the Final Four in the 2004-2005 season with the Deron Williams leading a talented team. That was their chance and they dropped the ball.

This year is no different; the No. 1 recruit in the country, Jahlil Okafor from Whitney Young, is going to Duke. The No. 3 recruit in the nation, Cliff Alexander from Curie High school, is going to Kansas.

It appears Illinois schools have become doormats. Can a school here turn it around anytime soon?

I sure hope so.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2014, 10:56:10 AM »
As I have said before, MU needs to protect Wisconsin.  There are a lot of talented players here that need to be kept in state.  Losing 5 star recruits needs to stop.  THE LINE WILL BE DRAWN HERE !!!!!!    As far as Illinois goes, it's open season.  Let's poach some more FIBs.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2014, 11:01:12 AM »
+1. Technically true but misleading and essentially false statements are one of the bondsman's specialities.

It's the Fox News way!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2014, 12:12:05 PM »
Let's poach some more FIBs.

LOL!  Forgot about that acronym.  I haven't heard that all to often out east.  My co-workers wife who went to U o f I was the only one I know who was familiar with it.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2014, 12:37:56 PM »
Heisenberg:

You should disclose when you are citing to an article written by the biggest tool in the history of sports radio (I believe that to be akin to the shortest midget award:  well-earned):

"Colleges in Illinois losing the hoops race

The Daily Herald
by Mike North"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2014, 12:42:09 PM »
LOL!  Forgot about that acronym.  I haven't heard that all to often out east.  My co-workers wife who went to U o f I was the only one I know who was familiar with it.

I am sure you have heard plenty about the Mpretty boys, though.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2014, 12:45:15 PM »
I am sure you have heard plenty about the Mpretty boys, though.

LOL, what the hell happened?  Let me say it a different way:  Ma$$holes.
Have some patience, FFS.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2014, 01:55:06 PM »
Heisenberg:

You should disclose when you are citing to an article written by the biggest tool in the history of sports radio (I believe that to be akin to the shortest midget award:  well-earned):

"Colleges in Illinois losing the hoops race

The Daily Herald
by Mike North"

North is one of the best sports writers/radio personalities in Chicago sports history.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 02:24:16 PM by Heisenberg »

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2014, 01:59:06 PM »
North is one of the best sports writers/radio personalities in Chicago sports history.

Please tell me this is sarcasm

leever

• All American
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2014, 02:07:21 PM »

teal, please!

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2014, 02:10:01 PM »
teal, please!
+ infinity.  Can that number go higher?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2014, 02:15:11 PM »

Who you crappin'?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2014, 02:26:35 PM »
Who you crappin'?

Fixed above

The best Chicago Sports Personalities ....

1. Brian Hanley
2. Len Kasper
3. Jen Lada
4. Dan McGrath
5. who cares