[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Draft Analysis + Mock Drafts  (Read 15575 times)

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
NBA Draft Analysis + Mock Drafts
« on: April 02, 2014, 01:01:13 AM »
Who do you think is #1 or #20?  Who will the Bucks pick?  Whom should they pick and why?  Is Andrew Wiggins the Buck's savior? Or is Jabari Parker the next "young buck"? 

reinko

• All American
Re: NBA Draft Analysis + Mock Drafts
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 07:17:20 AM »
Don't think the Bucks could wrong with Jabari, Wiggins, or Exum.  Will be watching the pre-draft workouts, but leaning toward Wiggins #1

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 07:20:21 AM »
Embiid. They desparately  need a big man

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 07:27:26 AM »
Embiid. They desparately  need a big man

Not if he has chronic back problems.

Parker unless he is going on a Religious mission, or Wiggins.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 07:32:38 AM »
where's the Benworth Capital post?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 09:30:09 AM »
Bucks need a backcourt. Hensen, Greek Freak and Sanders should be fine. Wiggins or Exum.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 09:38:30 AM »
Does anyone have any information on Exum?  I've read the SI article and a few other blurbs of information about him, but nothing substantially detailed.

Thanks.

brandx

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 11:20:04 AM »
Don't think the Bucks could wrong with Jabari, Wiggins, or Exum.  Will be watching the pre-draft workouts, but leaning toward Wiggins #1

Agreed.

Embiid's back worries me. I think Parker is ROY next year, but long-term, Wiggins is the guy.

Exum looks like he has a lot of Kobe in him (athletically close to Wiggins), but wants to play for Lakers or Magic. Couldn't see him sticking around here after his 1st contract.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 11:26:45 AM »
Agreed.

Embiid's back worries me. I think Parker is ROY next year, but long-term, Wiggins is the guy.

Exum looks like he has a lot of Kobe in him (athletically close to Wiggins), but wants to play for Lakers or Magic. Couldn't see him sticking around here after his 1st contract.

Wiggins baffles me.  He stands out on the perimeter on most plays, and much of the time he barely touches the ball.  It's as if, he doesn't know how to move the ball around.  His shot selection is either shooting a 3 pointer, or slashing to the hoop for a layup/floater.   Essentially, he doesn't have any midrange game whatsoever.  He's been quite anemic at times, look at his last game.  He was terrible!!!  When teams played zone on him, he became baffled.

Defensively, I see him as a Scottie Pippen type of player.  My doubts lie in his offensive game.  His offensive mentality seems to be severely lacking while Parker's seems to be of a very High IQ.

On the flipside, Parker doesn't play much defense at all.  It seems as if these 2 players each have what the other truly lacks in his game.  That's quite an interesting dynamic as these 2 will always be compared.

Julius Randle is flying up my board.  I like his tenacity on the glass, and think he's the best fit for the Bucks out of these three.  The question is.... does his ceiling compare to Wiggins/Parker ???

brandx

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 03:28:13 PM »
Randle has been outstanding. My worry is that I don't think he is 6'9" as advertised. If he measures 6'9" at the combine, he is a factor in the top three, but I'm suspecting he may be 6'7 1/2" or 6'8" which limits his upside in the NBA as a '4' man since he lacks small forward skills.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 05:54:33 PM »
Scouts believe Parker will return to school
Maigh Eo for Sam

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 10:05:23 AM »
I read that too, he needs to wait another month before announcing andlet the sting that was Mercer fade. He's best served coming out now since he'd be a top pick than risking injury next year.

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 09:35:47 PM »
When I see Randle I see zach Randolph, think I would draft him.  Randle's ceiling may not be as high as wiggins, Parker or embiid, but randle is a much safer pick.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 10:39:30 PM »
Bucks need a backcourt. Hensen, Greek Freak and Sanders should be fine. Wiggins or Exum.

You never ever draft based on need. That's the dumbest thing you can do in the NBA.

Gotta think it's Embiid unless is back issues seem like it will be a constant issue.

brandx

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 01:00:05 AM »
When I see Randle I see zach Randolph, think I would draft him.  Randle's ceiling may not be as high as wiggins, Parker or embiid, but randle is a much safer pick.

All you expect from the #1 overall pick is another Zack Randolph? That's pretty sad.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 01:01:22 AM »
I read that too, he needs to wait another month before announcing andlet the sting that was Mercer fade. He's best served coming out now since he'd be a top pick than risking injury next year.

Maybe he has no desire to play in the NBA wasteland that is the Milwaukee Bucks?

brandx

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 01:16:27 AM »
Maybe he has no desire to play in the NBA wasteland that is the Milwaukee Bucks?

Doesn't matter. Wiggins will go #1 anyway.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 11:49:54 AM »
Doesn't matter. Wiggins will go #1 anyway.

That's obvious if Parker stays.

What's a joke is the fact that these guys won't contribute much to any team that drafts them.  They still have about 5 years until they enter their prime - which is ridiculous, because they'll already be on their 2nd contract.  In order to retain "projected talent" they'll be overpaid for what they haven't accomplished yet.  The NBA needs a  salary cap structure so badly, it's ridiculous.  How are the Bucks supposed to complete when Giannis will be given a max contract in 2 years and then whomever they draft this year is given a max deal the year after that?  (if the person plays up to potential)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 02:09:34 PM »

What's a joke is the fact that these guys won't contribute much to any team that drafts them.  They still have about 5 years until they enter their prime - which is ridiculous, because they'll already be on their 2nd contract.  In order to retain "projected talent" they'll be overpaid for what they haven't accomplished yet.  The NBA needs a  salary cap structure so badly, it's ridiculous.  How are the Bucks supposed to complete when Giannis will be given a max contract in 2 years and then whomever they draft this year is given a max deal the year after that?  (if the person plays up to potential)

You realize that's the point of the rookie contract, right? Top picks used to get $15, 20 mil/year right out of the gate then sometimes not be ready to produce at that level til contract #2 if ever. Now it's about $4/5 mil for the top pick, then a sliding scale to about $2 mil. I'd say a good amount of guys perform at or above their rookie contract level the way it's structured now.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 03:28:19 PM »

If the Bucks have two young players making the max (like the Thunder with Durant and Westbrook), it is an awesome problem to have.  They only had to trade Harden to escape the luxury tax, 2 max players, even for the Bucks would be fine.

Also, to the poster who said stars don't want to play in places like Milwaukee, Minneapolis or Cleveland...tough crap for them...this article details that any star you draft, essentially you will get 8 years from them before they bolt.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/1/31/5364376/kyrie-irving-trade-rumors-nba-free-agent-cavaliers-hook

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2014, 03:52:19 PM »
The more I see of Exum the more I like him.  With him plus Wiggins, Parker, and Embiid it's comforting knowing the Bucks will get one of them.

I think as far as sure bets to be a solid starter for a lot of years in the NBA goes, Parker is the best bet, then I think I would put Exum 2nd, Wiggins 3rd, and Embiid 4th (mainly because of the back and just how thin he is, but defensively he will be a **game changer.**  Offensively I have my doubts that he'll ever be more than a 12-15 ppg guy, but that's fine.)

As far as highest ceiling, I think I would go Wiggins 1st, Exum 2nd, Embiid 3rd, and Parker 4th.

If the Bucks get the 1st pick I think they should go with Wiggins, but part of me almost hopes they drop to 4 because I think Exum would be fun to watch.

If I'm playing NBA2K14 with the Bucks, I'm taking Wiggins at 1 and trying to come up with a package including some of Knight, Ersan, maybe Henson, my 2015 1st round pick, and my 2nd round picks to get the 4th pick in this year's draft and taking Exum.

Knight's okay but I think he'd be a really good 6th man.  Doesn't run the offense overly well but would be a good scoring spark/change of pace off of the bench like Collison and Crawford for the Clippers.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 03:58:40 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2014, 05:56:33 PM »
Wiggins, Wiggins, WIGGINS

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2014, 06:18:52 PM »
If I'm the Bucks and I get the 1st pick, I'm hoping whoever has the 3rd pick becomes enamored with Embiid. Hopefully you could get their 1st round pick next year and flop places with them. Then, sitting at 3 you could pick between who's ever left of Wiggins or Parker, while also adding another pick next year. It would be an ideal scenario for a team that's building around a young core. There really doesn't seem to be a clear cut superstar, so I think you can maximize your value by trading down and gaining another pick next year.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2014, 07:38:28 PM »
Bucks come in @ 2, no harm there,  think Cleveland will take Embiid instead of another wing.   Mr.  Wiggins,  welcome to the MKE.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 07:44:32 PM »
Bucks come in @ 2, no harm there,  think Cleveland will take Embiid instead of another wing.   Mr.  Wiggins,  welcome to the MKE.

Agreed. Welcome back to Cleveland, LeBron. Rigged, but doesn't hurt the Bucks.

By the way, I don't care that she's 7 years younger than me. Mallory Edens is nice.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback