[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Draft Analysis + Mock Drafts  (Read 15573 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: NBA Draft Analysis + Mock Drafts
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2014, 07:50:42 PM »
Gotta imagine the Cavs go with Embiid. If the Bulls pick McFlopper I may just officially convert to a Bucks fan.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2014, 07:59:25 PM »
When the Bulls drafted Noah I hated it. If they draft McBuckets I won't like it but I will remind myself how Noah worked out.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2014, 08:07:33 PM »
McBuckets will get 13-15/game for his career. Don't see the Bulls taking him this year though, as he will always be a defensive liability.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2014, 08:11:50 PM »
McBuckets will get 13-15/game for his career. Don't see the Bulls taking him this year though, as he will always be a defensive liability.

Might not matter if Thibs gets traded

chapman

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2014, 08:12:47 PM »
I hear the Bucks won the lottery. 

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2014, 08:24:06 PM »
The daughter of the Kings' owner isn't too shabby either.

"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2014, 08:27:24 PM »
The daughter of the Kings' owner isn't too shabby either.

Woof.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2014, 08:53:59 PM »
Gotta imagine the Cavs go with Embiid. If the Bulls pick McFlopper I may just officially convert to a Bucks fan.

He won't be on the board when the Bulls pick comes up.

brandx

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2014, 09:16:14 PM »

He won't be on the board when the Bulls pick comes up.

He actually tested OK at the combine - 36.5" vertical. Very very doubtful he would be there at #16

With the shooting woes on that team, he might not be a bad pick tho'.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2014, 09:44:03 PM »
Malloryhas chitty hair. Kings daughter is by far better lookin' and also appears to be naughtier. What does BJ think? That's what counts, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2014, 12:28:22 AM »
Malloryhas chitty hair. Kings daughter is by far better lookin' and also appears to be naughtier. What does BJ think? That's what counts, aina?

Did a little research for you all. http://gamedayr.com/lifestyle/wags-and-babes/kings-owner-vivek-ranadives-daughter-anjali-107832/

ttheisen

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2014, 08:12:34 AM »
Did a little research for you all. http://gamedayr.com/lifestyle/wags-and-babes/kings-owner-vivek-ranadives-daughter-anjali-107832/
She and Vivek are featured in the latest Malcolm Gladwell book, David and Goliath.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2014, 08:18:23 AM »
Agreed. Welcome back to Cleveland, LeBron. Rigged, but doesn't hurt the Bucks.

By the way, I don't care that she's 7 years younger than me. Mallory Edens is nice.

Seriously, I wish people would stop with the NBA conspiracy theory nonsense.  It makes no sense whatsoever.

Oh and it will be so Bucks, in the time honored tradition of Sam Bowie and Greg Oden, to draft an injury prone big man.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2014, 08:50:46 AM »
If Wiggins had the attitude of Kobe, he would be unstoppable. He's too nonchalant to me. It's like he's thinking too much. But, he will battle Parker for first pick. Embiid back will drop him out of the top 5.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2014, 08:58:09 AM »
I truly think Julius Randle is undervalued.  If I were a team at 4-6 I would grab him.  All the mock drafts, for what there worth are predicting Randle to the Lakers at 7.  That would be a hell of a get for them.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2014, 09:03:53 AM »
If Wiggins had the attitude of Kobe, he would be unstoppable. He's too nonchalant to me. It's like he's thinking too much. But, he will battle Parker for first pick. Embiid back will drop him out of the top 5.

Ok, let's compare a 19 year old college freshman to Kobe Bryant.

ttheisen

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2014, 09:25:12 AM »

if my auntie had balls, she'd be my uncle

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2014, 09:37:39 AM »

Seriously, I wish people would stop with the NBA conspiracy theory nonsense.  It makes no sense whatsoever.

Oh and it will be so Bucks, in the time honored tradition of Sam Bowie and Greg Oden, to draft an injury prone big man.

There's an entire ESPN documentary on the NBA Draft and it being rigged when Patrick (Ch)Ewing was the prize of the draft and the Knicks got the #1 pick.

And unless the Cavs are trading away their #1 pick (which they should), I think the Cavs, the same team that just took Anthony Bennett at #1 overall last year, will be the team to take an injury prone big man at #1.  I understand that at #1 and in a lottery that has a number of potential big time stars you don't draft based on need, but you took Kyrie Irving #1 and he's producing at a high level, so you don't need a PG like Exum, you took Dion Waiters at #4 overall 2 years ago and he is producing at a high level so SG is solid, you took Anthony Bennet at #1 overall last year and you also went and got Luol Dang who is producing at a high level so you don't need a SF (and LeBron is coming back to town, so...), and Tristian Thompson is producing at a high level at the PF.  That leaves Verajao and Zeller at the C, which is by far the least productive spot on their roster.  They should trade the #1 pick really, but if not Embiid is the easy pick for them given that everyone is comparing him to Hakeem and he was at one point the consensus #1 option before injuring his back.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2014, 10:06:54 AM »

But it has been rigged in the past. The idea that they never would is also nonsense.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2014, 10:10:13 AM »
Cleveland will trade their pick to MN for Kevin Love and MN will take Embiid

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2014, 12:26:14 PM »
There's an entire ESPN documentary on the NBA Draft and it being rigged when Patrick (Ch)Ewing was the prize of the draft and the Knicks got the #1 pick.

And unless the Cavs are trading away their #1 pick (which they should), I think the Cavs, the same team that just took Anthony Bennett at #1 overall last year, will be the team to take an injury prone big man at #1.  I understand that at #1 and in a lottery that has a number of potential big time stars you don't draft based on need, but you took Kyrie Irving #1 and he's producing at a high level, so you don't need a PG like Exum, you took Dion Waiters at #4 overall 2 years ago and he is producing at a high level so SG is solid, you took Anthony Bennet at #1 overall last year and you also went and got Luol Dang who is producing at a high level so you don't need a SF (and LeBron is coming back to town, so...), and Tristian Thompson is producing at a high level at the PF.  That leaves Verajao and Zeller at the C, which is by far the least productive spot on their roster.  They should trade the #1 pick really, but if not Embiid is the easy pick for them given that everyone is comparing him to Hakeem and he was at one point the consensus #1 option before injuring his back.

Waiters is not a popular man in Cleveland, and Deng is a free agent.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2014, 12:29:19 PM »
But it has been rigged in the past. The idea that they never would is also nonsense.

If it was rigged in the past (and it is hardly a given fact that it was), the way they run it now has been done specifically to prevent such a thing from occurring again.

And last night is a prime example.  Why give the Cavs another #1 pick when you have the Lakers and Celtics available?

It continues to make no sense.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »
Cleveland will trade their pick to MN for Kevin Love and MN will take Embiid

Do you really think that Kevin Love is worth the first overall pick in a loaded draft?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2014, 12:35:23 PM »

If it was rigged in the past (and it is hardly a given fact that it was), the way they run it now has been done specifically to prevent such a thing from occurring again.

And last night is a prime example.  Why give the Cavs another #1 pick when you have the Lakers and Celtics available?

It continues to make no sense.

Nothing intriguing about LeBron going back to Cleveland then?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2014, 12:35:38 PM »
Do you really think that Kevin Love is worth the first overall pick in a loaded draft?

Yes.