Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Time To Bury The Hatchet MUSCOOP  (Read 26281 times)

MU Beaver

• Walk-On
Time To Bury The Hatchet MUSCOOP
« on: March 30, 2014, 08:42:26 PM »
Hello MUSCOOP. I have been reading this board for years and after the debacle that last week brought us, #donedeal, I felt it was time to make my first post and break my silence.  Like many on this board I have a few inside sources but ultimately like everyone on hear I want the same thing. A coach that will get us to the next level!! 
But I think it is time to bury the BUZZ Hatchet. Bitching about him makes no sense people. I think this website has become delusional and it began long before Buzz left town. The guy takes us to sweet 16 sweet 16 and elite 8 and then all of a sudden he can’t coach? This board has been bashing him all damn year, almost as bad as Cuanzo was getting bashed at TN and he has a poor resume vs buzz. Has anyone on hear even considered the fact that our job still being  open could be due to the fact that Buzz is actually EXTREMELY well respected by his peers throughout the country and many coaches are like
 “What the heck is wrong at Marquette to make Buzz want to leave”. He coached with Team USA last year, Shaka didn't. He is asked by some of the top coaches in the country to come and work their camps. The fact Duane got hurt was a huge blow. The other freshman, when they actually scored, just couldn't defend. Pretty basic math people if your opponent is scoring every possession and your not you will not win.  Also the Junior College rule that was implemented by AD Williams and Pilarz really dealt us a bad hand this year. Why do you all think Jake and Juan were gone and then they were back?? Buzz had some juco’s lined up and the admin wouldn’t allow Buzz to bring them in. This was his first team without a Juco but nobody mentioned that. Look at where his other juco’s are now… THE NBA!! DJO, Buycks, Crowder I mean we could have had 1 if not two and Buzz was told no. That is when the friction started. So my last point is Buzz was a stud when he was here. He had a bad year, partially because the admin handcuffed him, partially because his seniors didn't play to their potential and partially because he didn't play Burton more, and it didn't help that his starting point guard redshirted.  Kentucky had 4 lottery picks and didn't make the NCAA and got beat in round 1 of the NIT last year and are in the Final Four  this year. Unfortunately for ALL of us it was time for Buzz to move on. For all you Buzz haters on this site realize he will have Virginia Tech back in the Sweet 16 before our new coach will!!
So I have vented let’s look to the future. Instead of talking specific coaches I think we should investigate different styles of basketball that fit the athletes we have and the one’s that are coming. Myself personally I would love to see an up tempo pressing style coach come in here. I think we have the athletes to do it and creating turnovers will help us overcome a potentially un potent offense.  We all know what Marquette spends in recruiting so I think whomever gets the job will continue to bring in the athletes or they will hire someone who specializes in that. 
I have rambled enough. Thoughts on a good available coach that likes to press???

Blackhat

• All American
Re: Time To Bury The Hatchet MUSCOOP
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 08:45:25 PM »
Love Buzz and what he did for us....

Hell I'll give Crean props.

Leave the jilted lover crap to the panty droppers.

melissasmooth

• Team Captain
  • yeah
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 08:45:42 PM »
Yeah if we can bury the hatchet in the middle of Brent's Deliverance-like Inbred Curly unnatural carnal knowledge face.
MU15

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
Slurper!

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 08:46:53 PM »
D. J.
N. E. W. B. I. L. L.

Character (finally) Revealed.

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 08:47:01 PM »
Well said. Respect

chapman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 08:49:28 PM »

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 08:50:37 PM »
One nitpick, we did have a JUCO player this year.  He transferred before any games started

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 08:52:27 PM »
D. J.
N. E. W. B. I. L. L.

Character (finally) Revealed.

Revealed long ago, just took some folks a few years to catch on

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 08:53:08 PM »
One nitpick, we did have a JUCO player this year.  He transferred before any games started

I wonder why.....

MU Beaver

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 08:53:33 PM »

He was signed before this rule was in place. You will notice the impact on the rule when "Insert New Coach" has to try and fill out next year's team after we lose our currently committed recruits.

Warhawk Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 08:54:23 PM »
Brent didn't leave without a push.  There is another side to this story.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 08:56:08 PM »
Revealed long ago, just took some folks a few years to catch on

Agree.

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 08:58:24 PM »
Brent didn't leave without a push.  There is another side to this story.

There's at least 2 sides to this story and they're crazy... see I can do it too.... unless you feel like sharing, what's the point of even sayin it?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 09:00:03 PM »
Melissa what has your smelly cun.t ever done for MU?

Two S16 and one Elite eight, success MU has not seen since McGuire.  Get some perspective.

The heck is wrong with you? Show some respect to a fellow marquette student.  Were you raised by the trashiest people alive that taught you it was ok to speak to women like that? Christ almighty I hope you get banned and take a deep look inside
Maigh Eo for Sam

Warhawk Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 09:00:08 PM »
Even a superstar employee needs to conform to prudent corporate guidelines or be asked to leave.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 09:05:19 PM »
The heck is wrong with you? Show some respect to a fellow marquette student.  Were you raised by the trashiest people alive that taught you it was ok to speak to women like that? Christ almighty I hope you get banned and take a deep look inside

+1

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 09:07:02 PM »

Holy crap, did this make me laugh.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2014, 09:09:33 PM »
the panty droppers.

Chico's Bail Bonds?

Death on call

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 09:11:34 PM »
I'll always respect Buzz for elevating the program.  I just want to see him fall flat on his face now that he left our program.

Is it mean spirited?  Sure,  but i want anyone who leaves our program to regret it

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2014, 09:18:35 PM »
I'll always respect Buzz for elevating the program.  I just want to see him fall flat on his face now that he left our program.

Is it mean spirited?  Sure,  but i want anyone who leaves our program to regret it

Yep. Sign me up for jilted lover status! lol
SS Marquette

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2014, 09:21:48 PM »

Oh sorry, I meant as long as I can bury a hatchet in Melissa's face I'll show her some respect.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2014, 09:22:35 PM »

Stone, what the eff is wrong with you?  This is way out of bounds.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 09:54:31 PM by real chili 83 »

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2014, 09:26:54 PM »
Oh sorry, I meant as long as I can bury a hatchet in Melissa's face I'll show her some respect.

Take a break Stone. Prove to us that your 13 year old brother doesn't have control of your account and we'll let you back in a couple of weeks.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2014, 09:37:47 PM »
Stone, what the eff is wrong with you?  This is way out of bounds.

chili

I showed up after the mods nuked that post. Please delete the quote from your post as it should simply go away. Melissa's good in my book; that was way over the top, even for a sworn enemy.

Death on call

feedback