Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Time To Bury The Hatchet MUSCOOP  (Read 26324 times)

mr.MUskie

• All American
Re: Time To Bury The Hatchet MUSCOOP
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2014, 09:40:57 PM »
chili

I showed up after the mods nuked that post. Please delete the quote from your post as it should simply go away. Melissa's good in my book; that was way over the top, even for a sworn enemy.

Yeah, sorry you had to read that stuff, smoothie.

EnderWiggen

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2014, 09:51:51 PM »
Hello MUSCOOP. I have been reading this board for years and after the debacle that last week brought us, #donedeal, I felt it was time to make my first post and break my silence.  Like many on this board I have a few inside sources but ultimately like everyone on hear I want the same thing. A coach that will get us to the next level!!  
But I think it is time to bury the BUZZ Hatchet. Bitching about him makes no sense people. I think this website has become delusional and it began long before Buzz left town. The guy takes us to sweet 16 sweet 16 and elite 8 and then all of a sudden he can’t coach? This board has been bashing him all damn year, almost as bad as Cuanzo was getting bashed at TN and he has a poor resume vs buzz. Has anyone on hear even considered the fact that our job still being  open could be due to the fact that Buzz is actually EXTREMELY well respected by his peers throughout the country and many coaches are like
 “What the heck is wrong at Marquette to make Buzz want to leave”. He coached with Team USA last year, Shaka didn't. He is asked by some of the top coaches in the country to come and work their camps. The fact Duane got hurt was a huge blow. The other freshman, when they actually scored, just couldn't defend. Pretty basic math people if your opponent is scoring every possession and your not you will not win.  Also the Junior College rule that was implemented by AD Williams and Pilarz really dealt us a bad hand this year. Why do you all think Jake and Juan were gone and then they were back?? Buzz had some juco’s lined up and the admin wouldn’t allow Buzz to bring them in. This was his first team without a Juco but nobody mentioned that. Look at where his other juco’s are now… THE NBA!! DJO, Buycks, Crowder I mean we could have had 1 if not two and Buzz was told no. That is when the friction started. So my last point is Buzz was a stud when he was here. He had a bad year, partially because the admin handcuffed him, partially because his seniors didn't play to their potential and partially because he didn't play Burton more, and it didn't help that his starting point guard redshirted.  Kentucky had 4 lottery picks and didn't make the NCAA and got beat in round 1 of the NIT last year and are in the Final Four  this year. Unfortunately for ALL of us it was time for Buzz to move on. For all you Buzz haters on this site realize he will have Virginia Tech back in the Sweet 16 before our new coach will!!
So I have vented let’s look to the future. Instead of talking specific coaches I think we should investigate different styles of basketball that fit the athletes we have and the one’s that are coming. Myself personally I would love to see an up tempo pressing style coach come in here. I think we have the athletes to do it and creating turnovers will help us overcome a potentially un potent offense.  We all know what Marquette spends in recruiting so I think whomever gets the job will continue to bring in the athletes or they will hire someone who specializes in that.  

This x1000.  

Honestly, the man did a ton to make our program great.  It was our best run since the 70s* and he brought a ton of positive attention to our program.  Yes, i am sure that there were things that weren't great and i'm sure we will hear all about them in the next few weeks (assuming those with inside knowledge know what they are talking about**). I also understand questioning his character after he said he would stay as long as we would have him, but a) who knows if he wasn't pushed out and b) did we honestly expect him to stay anyway?  ALL coaches say that kinda stuff and they all rotate schools. He represented our program very well for six years and it's time to move on.

Oh, and slurp slurp slurp.

* I would consider two 16s and an 8 better than one Final Four, but that's debatable.
** And that's a big "if" (see, "It's Happening)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 09:59:33 PM by EnderWiggen »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2014, 09:55:16 PM »
Done.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2014, 10:02:11 PM »
But I think it is time to bury the BUZZ Hatchet. Bitching about him makes no sense people.For all you Buzz haters on this site realize he will have Virginia Tech back in the Sweet 16 before our new coach will!!
I have rambled enough.

Indeed, that was a ramble. "wah, wah, stop saying negative things about BUzz u haterz. VA tech is now better going fwd than mu is! nah nah nah"

C'mon dude. Don't come with, "let's stop talking about Buzz" and then throw out crap like, "realize VA Tech will be in the S16 before MU."

Childish hypocrisy.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2014, 10:08:28 PM »
wow.  just read that thread; thanks for banning, mods--either of those posts called for it.  and they should not be deleted.  everyone should see what he stands for.

As for the OP, I agree with it generally, including that it was time to move on for Buzz and MU.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2014, 10:32:14 PM »
Thanks for the memories.  Brent is a good coach, a good recruiter, great motivator, and he generally gave us some good press (people outside MU loved the dancing, the sweatiness, the raspy voice, etc.)

That said, I don't think that I will ever be able to bury the hatchet.  I really really dislike phony people, and he's as phony as they come.  Accordingly, I will relish the schadenfreude and continue to troll him on here until he golly-jee-whilickers his way into oblivion.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2014, 11:15:29 PM »

Yeah, sorry you had to read that stuff, smoothie.

I am as crusty as the next fighter pilot but women and the c word don't mix.

Death on call

melissasmooth

• Team Captain
  • yeah
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2014, 11:49:03 PM »

Thanks guys
MU15

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2014, 11:51:19 PM »
Thanks for the memories.  Brent is a good coach, a good recruiter, great motivator, and he generally gave us some good press (people outside MU loved the dancing, the sweatiness, the raspy voice, etc.)

That said, I don't think that I will ever be able to bury the hatchet.  I really really dislike phony people, and he's as phony as they come.  Accordingly, I will relish the schadenfreude and continue to troll him on here until he golly-jee-whilickers his way into oblivion.

Things get tough for the Buzzoward and he bolts.  UNO, MU.  He bolts for something safe, like a program that has 2 NCAA appearances in 30 years.

More will come out.  He's a good coach, did a good job here but his schtick was always that, a schtick and nothing more.  More will come out.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 12:20:24 AM »
Take a break Stone. Prove to us that your 13 year old brother doesn't have control of your account and we'll let you back in a couple of weeks.

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 12:22:49 AM »
This thread elevated quickly.

Melissa, I don't agree with most of what you say, but my apologies for what transpired. That type of language should never be used.

OP, +1. I agree it is time to move on. Thank Buzz for his service and move on. However, we will be in the Sweet 16 long before the Hokies are.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2014, 12:24:46 AM »

Keefe, after seeing your Crusader patch about 1 billion times over the last week, I was going to ask you how a person would go about getting one. Figured you had to be a military insider. Turns out patches and stickers are available on eBay.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2014, 01:39:06 AM »
Keefe, after seeing your Crusader patch about 1 billion times over the last week, I was going to ask you how a person would go about getting one. Figured you had to be a military insider. Turns out patches and stickers are available on eBay.

I got mine at the Haji Mart on base at J Bad. Pretty ubiquitous in the Sandbox. Let me know if you have trouble getting one. Some of my AFSOC bros could probably get one next trip over to A Stan.

Death on call

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2014, 11:40:10 AM »
Stone, whachu smokin'? Get real.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2014, 12:10:17 PM »
Take a break Stone. Prove to us that your 13 year old brother doesn't have control of your account and we'll let you back in a couple of weeks.

And yet, Melissasmooth gets a pass....
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2014, 12:13:55 PM »

Let he who is without sin cast the first sh1t bomb

Everyone here is a chucklehead but the c word just ain't right

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2014, 12:16:21 PM »
Let he who is without sin cast the first sh1t bomb

Everyone here is a chucklehead but the c word just ain't right

Absolutely.

Neither is being the first to suggest that someone gets a hatchet buried in their face.

I just found it strange that StoneCold was banned after his second post which was milder than the post from smooth that he was responding to.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 12:23:06 PM by LittleMurs »

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2014, 12:18:45 PM »

Murs,

Stone was waaaaaaay out of bounds with his comments last night?  If you didn't see them, then I can understand your question.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2014, 12:29:33 PM »
Murs,

Stone was waaaaaaay out of bounds with his comments last night?  If you didn't see them, then I can understand your question.

I'm not arguing against StoneCold's ban, I'm just raising the possibility arguing that he wasn't the only one out of bounds.  He used horribly offensive language.  But it was a bad word, as opposed to extremely violent imagery which I consider worse.  And he was provoked to make his out of bounds profanity by the use of such violent imagery by the original poster.  Again, no justification for StoneCold, I'm just wondering why the instigator is not being treated equally.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 12:40:40 PM by LittleMurs »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2014, 12:36:59 PM »
I'm not arguing against StoneCold's ban, I'm just raising the possibility that he wasn't the only one out of bounds.  He used horribly offensive language.  But it was a bad word, as opposed to extremely violent imagery which I consider worse.  And he was provoked to make his out of bounds profanity by the use of such violent imagery by the original poster.  Again, no justification for StoneCold, I'm just wondering why the instigator is not being treated equally.

It was a bad word? It's a sexist demeaning personal insult to someone and as a guy you don't get an opinion on what is worse between the C word or violent imagery that's the way the world works.  He wasn't provoked in any way to attack her, notice he was quoting my response, nor did she attack him to provoke him.  He was clearly trying to attack melissa no matter what.  It certainly sounds like you're trying to make a justification for StoneCold.  

On the other side I agree the violent imagery was over the line and she should get a warning but the way you're going about with your point is making you sound like you're defending StoneCold's use of a sexist demeaning term and saying that because he was banned for the violent direct threat at someone Melissa should be too despite hers not being a direct threat at anyone who would be reading this. 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 12:40:30 PM by PunchingPiper »
Maigh Eo for Sam

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2014, 12:40:17 PM »
I'm not arguing against StoneCold's ban, I'm just raising the possibility that he wasn't the only one out of bounds.  He used horribly offensive language.  But it was a bad word, as opposed to extremely violent imagery which I consider worse.  And he was provoked to make his out of bounds profanity by the use of such violent imagery by the original poster.  Again, no justification for StoneCold, I'm just wondering why the instigator is not being treated equally.

I hear you.  Smooth, and not the OP, did use a rather odd metaphor in one of her posts. 

The mods use a light touch with how they moderate.  Williams is a public figure.  Her comment was strong, but not a personal attack.  Spose that's the difference.  Probably what the ignore button is for too.

Stone was out of bounds.  Seems out of character for him, from what I've seen.  Maybe not.  Feel free to correct me if wrong about Stone.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2014, 01:06:01 PM »
I hear you.  Smooth, and not the OP, did use a rather odd metaphor in one of her posts.  

The mods use a light touch with how they moderate.  Williams is a public figure.  Her comment was strong, but not a personal attack.  Spose that's the difference.  Probably what the ignore button is for too.

Stone was out of bounds.  Seems out of character for him, from what I've seen.  Maybe not.  Feel free to correct me if wrong about Stone.

We have no disagreement about StoneCold, his ban was well earned.  Buzz is a public figure and not present on this board, so you have a valid point that Mellissasmooth was not making a personal attack on another poster which is what StoneCold did do.  Still, for me,

"Yeah if we can bury the hatchet in the middle of Brent's Deliverance-like Inbred Curly unnatural carnal knowledge face."

is also out-of-bounds and likely calculated to get any number of scoopers upset.  StoneCold's upset was understandable, his response was totally inappropriate and only escalated the situation.  We all (probably) know what word gets translated as "unnatural carnal knowledge" by the board's software.  When it comes to use of the "c" word, I'm as milquetoast as they come.  I'm sure that like the male undergraduates at Marquette, Melissa would find me to be a kitten.  The "c" word is no word to use around ladies.  I also think that Melissasmooth has no legitimate claim to the lady title, or even any desire to make such a claim.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 01:08:21 PM by LittleMurs »

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2014, 01:15:08 PM »
It was a bad word? It's a sexist demeaning personal insult to someone and as a guy you don't get an opinion on what is worse between the C word or violent imagery that's the way the world works.  He wasn't provoked in any way to attack her, notice he was quoting my response, nor did she attack him to provoke him.  He was clearly trying to attack melissa no matter what.  It certainly sounds like you're trying to make a justification for StoneCold.  

On the other side I agree the violent imagery was over the line and she should get a warning but the way you're going about with your point is making you sound like you're defending StoneCold's use of a sexist demeaning term and saying that because he was banned for the violent direct threat at someone Melissa should be too despite hers not being a direct threat at anyone who would be reading this.  

"as a guy you don't get an opinion on what is worse between the C word or violent imagery"

This is where we disagree, I think that I do.

If it seems that I'm defending StoneCold it's probably because I reacted, much like I suppose he did.  I chose not to respond in a patently offensive way which is why I support his ban as justified.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 01:24:30 PM by LittleMurs »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2014, 01:23:37 PM »
"as a guy you don't get an opinion on what is worse between the C word or violent imagery"

This is where we disagree, I think that I do.

Will you ever know what it's like to get called that by a guy in a patriarchal society, in all seriousness? Unless you're thinking of spending loads of money on a sex change it's not likely. Thus as guys we won't ever know the full extent of the effect that has as an insult.  Maybe you might have an opinion but it's always going to be from a male perspective which will never be fully informed about how it feels, closest we could come to understanding would be seeing a daughter, sister, mother, wife get called it. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2014, 01:30:37 PM »
After reading SC's reply last night, I had to step away from SCOOP. Not only was that despicable but it was demeaning for this site and by association for the University from which MOST of us matriculated. I enjoy debate as much as the next Alum but personal, crude attacks are used by someone who has no more arguments in his/her arsenal. Thanks to the rest of you for enlightening me while keeping it on a civilized level.( although I do enjoy the Israeli WarriorChicks)

feedback