Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Shaka Watch is OVER  (Read 18224 times)

mechaghidorah

• Starter
Re: Shaka Watch is OVER
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2014, 07:35:11 PM »
No different than UCLA.  He gets the wedding gown on, and then says no.  He isn't along, plenty of other coaches have done so.  Question is if it can ever be proven he said yes. 

It isn't a DONE DEAL until it is a DONE DEAL. 

Exactly.

DONE DEAL isn't a verbal agreement.  It means the guy is signed, sealed and delivered to MU.

There's no getting your credibility back from that.

MisterJaylenBrownMU

• Team Captain
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2014, 07:35:48 PM »
Thats pretty nasty, unprofessional stuff. Really uncalled for, but like I said in earlier threads, all these guys care about is being the first one to break a story.  Journalism resume bolsters. 

Wait till IWB or someone else says Diamond Stone is a Done Deal to MU.

BREAKING NEWS, EVERYONE.  MY SOURCE IS SAYING DIAMOND STONE TO MU.  #DONEDEAL

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2014, 07:38:22 PM »
Or maybe the Big East poaches Richmond and pumps some TV time and TV bucks into that program.
Nightmares...nightmares.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2014, 07:41:21 PM »
Nightmares...nightmares.

Georgetown has a legitimate hard-on for Richmond, probably at least partly related to BCS football.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2014, 07:42:38 PM »
Arachnophobia

314warrior

• Starter
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2014, 07:48:25 PM »
Sounds like Smart is as big of a troll as the VCU fans.  I'm glad we didn't just throw filthy amounts of money at him.  If he didn't want to come for a fair (and likely very high) price, so be it.  I think its a long shot he ends up at a blue blood.  Those jobs don't seem to be opening up in the next few years, and all it will take is Another Stephen F. Austin's or two and he'll be off their lists.  VCU doesn't play enough ranked teams for his regular season reputation to carry him to a top post.

Gopher+RamFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2014, 07:58:16 PM »
Sounds like Smart is as big of a troll as the VCU fans.  I'm glad we didn't just throw filthy amounts of money at him.  If he didn't want to come for a fair (and likely very high) price, so be it.  I think its a long shot he ends up at a blue blood.  Those jobs don't seem to be opening up in the next few years, and all it will take is Another Stephen F. Austin's or two and he'll be off their lists.  VCU doesn't play enough ranked teams for his regular season reputation to carry him to a top post.

You mean like a home and home with the VCU Champs? Or next year's Legends Classic with Villanova, Michigan and Oregon?

I understand some of these trolls are very annoying. Some aren't even VCU fans (there's a couple who posted on the Gopher board who admitted so). One fanbase was going to be disappointed, but categorizing the entire fanbase of VCU based on message board fodder is misguided. I'll apologize for VCU fans who may be trolling this board currently, although Im sure you don't care for an apology.

I've been nothing but polite on here, but I'm sure someone will respond with GTFO....

For those in Kenosha, that means I should leave.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2014, 07:58:28 PM »

So, you're saying that Marquette was aiming low and missed.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

314warrior

• Starter
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2014, 08:14:15 PM »
You mean like a home and home with the VCU Champs? Or next year's Legends Classic with Villanova, Michigan and Oregon?

I understand some of these trolls are very annoying. Some aren't even VCU fans (there's a couple who posted on the Gopher board who admitted so). One fanbase was going to be disappointed, but categorizing the entire fanbase of VCU based on message board fodder is misguided. I'll apologize for VCU fans who may be trolling this board currently, although Im sure you don't care for an apology.

I've been nothing but polite on here, but I'm sure someone will respond with GTFO....

For those in Kenosha, that means I should leave.

You are correct.  A select few VCU fans have been trolling, and no apologies are needed.  Smart (like Buzz and many others) uses the coaching carousel very effectively to better his position without taking a risk, and some VCU fans take pleasure in the process instead of fearing it as most Marquette fans have.  

FF's don't disappear off your resume, but NCAA games are immensely more important for Smart than say Buzz at VT (if he ever finds himself there).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:16:34 PM by 314warrior »

314warrior

• Starter
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2014, 08:15:31 PM »
So, you're saying that Marquette was aiming low and missed.

I hope they only offered him what made fiscal sense for the university.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2014, 08:16:41 PM »
I hope they only offered him what made fiscal sense for the university.

There aren't a lot of offers Marquette could make that wouldn't make fiscal sense for the university given our budget.

Scooter22

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2014, 01:01:01 AM »
Marquette took a chance on their first choice, made their best offer, and it was rejected in the end.  So what, happens every day.  As others have said, move on (quickly)...

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2014, 05:20:19 AM »
Hopefully the ongoing negotiations yield something positive

Death on call

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2021, 10:27:08 AM »
Or is it?