[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mystery Solved!  (Read 26279 times)

Milwarriorkee

• Starter
Mystery Solved!
« on: March 26, 2014, 10:19:17 AM »
Here is my theory. I am sure you will agree that the logic is sound. First, the facts in support:

Monday afternoon: IWB tweets SS to MU is a done deal.

Monday evening: Bullseye Bros. tweets that SS to MU is "as official as it gets."  Fox 6 also reports that TVV's source indicates SS will be next coach.

Tuesday morning: VCU AD is quoted as saying "SS is our men's basketball coach."  Finklestein tweets that SS spoke to commits and coaches to say he isn't going anywhere. Goodman reports that SS leaning towards turning down MU due to no president/AD.

More Tuesday:  in response to a post that says "I wonder if the delay might be related to lining up a meeting with the incoming Pres? Rumor was the choice is made but waiting for April to present to BOT."  BigDaddy comments that it is the first intelligent comment he has seen. He later confirms that the SS to MU deal is not dead.

Tuesday evening: WMLW news reports that MU pushed up president announcement to today for new basketball coach.

All day/night tuesday: No reports from MU. IWB & Bullseye Bros. do not backtrack. No public statements by SS, VCU players or recruits. No statements by MU, tweets from current players. Duane Wilson deletes his twitter. Pretty much "radio silence."

THEORY: SS agreed to a deal with MU on Monday, contingent on MU following through with pres. & AD hires that they disclosed to him. This would explain why so many reputable sources reported that the deal was done on Monday but others reported deal was not done on Tuesday. Technically, deal won't be done until after pres is announced and maybe AD too. That should be a formality though, and then SS will be announced as coach.

Windyplayer

• All American
Re: Mystery Solved!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 10:21:29 AM »
No argument here. The silence yesterday was deafening.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 10:23:16 AM »
Nah, there has to be an alien abduction in there somewhere.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »
I'm really hoping this is the case. I wish I was more confident MU really has it together, but I'm not. Too much stuff has been bungled in the past. See: The Gold.

I hope they prove me wrong.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 10:24:57 AM »
I'm really hoping this is the case. I wish I was more confident MU really has it together

I dunno man. When it comes to basketball MU doesnt mess around. Just look at the budget.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 10:25:12 AM »
IMO the silence yesterday was exactly what was needed. IMO everyone panicked too quickly.

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 10:25:21 AM »
Here's hoping -

VCUInsider

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 10:26:21 AM »
My sources indicate you're hanging on by a shred of hope.

I would highly recommend moving your emotional efforts elsewhere.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 10:26:48 AM »

Oh how we missed you!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 10:26:55 AM »
MU has their act together on this hire. There can be no second guessing the process this time around. They know how impoortant this hire is. You do not push up President announcement without a gameplan.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 10:27:55 AM »

Haha. Go away.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 10:28:27 AM »

Wait a minute; I thought this guys mission in life was to encourage this crap.....hmmmm

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 10:28:45 AM »
Silence is a good thing right now.  That doesn't mean that they're working on (or getting) anyone in particular, it just means that the grown-ups are now in control of the process.  There's a lot of work that needs to get done.  People need to just shut up and do it.  It seems like that's what's happening.  I don't know who will emerge as the next HC, but I'm becoming increasingly confident that I won't be disappointed.  I've just got to exercise a little patiece.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 10:28:48 AM »
I'm really hoping this is the case. I wish I was more confident MU really has it together, but I'm not. Too much stuff has been bungled in the past. See: The Gold.

What else have they bungled? I feel like we've decided MU is inept and any little rumor we hear about is just confirmation bias. We don't know anything. But we assume the worst and then fit our "facts" to that narrative.

So ... what else has MU screwed up royally?
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 10:28:56 AM »

Feeling a little nervous are we? Youre almost as bad as UDPride but instead of "The A-10 school will never leave" substitute in Shaka.

Muhoopsfan1

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 10:29:01 AM »
A friend of mine asked Fr Wild at a dinner for prospective students last night and he asked Fr. Wild if SS will be the new hc.  His response - laugh -
"Things are happening very fast."  He followed that up by giving him a look that said - pay attention - "Very fast".  And that was it.

Later after the dinner he asked if Fr. Wild would be staying to mingle and Fr. Wild said, "oh no, I am out of this place as of now".

Our new president was then announced.  Was Wild hinting that the president was going to be announced.  Is SS gonna be the new hc?  Hmm.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 10:30:43 AM »
Nah, there has to be an alien abduction in there somewhere.

Or maybe... Just MAYBE... hear me out on this... Shaka HIMSELF is an alien and is waiting to get approval from his intergallactic overlords on the job switch. These things take time, folks. Lotta bureaucratic red tape involved.

Milwarriorkee

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 10:30:55 AM »
I always have this feeling that the leadership at MU will disappoint. Probably dates back to the two nickname fiascos. But this theory makes too much sense to me, and it explains why IWB, Bigdaddy, bullseye are not denying that SS to MU is alive. That being said, the more time that passes makes me very nervous. I am doing jury duty right now, I don't know what I will do if I am selected and can't constantly check for updates.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 10:32:11 AM »
What else have they bungled? I feel like we've decided MU is inept and any little rumor we hear about is just confirmation bias. We don't know anything. But we assume the worst and then fit our "facts" to that narrative.

So ... what else has MU screwed up royally?

I'm not here to criticize MU, an institution I attended and love, but you have been living under a rock the past few years if you think there have been no screw-ups. That's all I'm going to say.

Logi4three

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 10:33:58 AM »

That AD of yours has a nice bio, I wonder if anyone is looking for a new AD?  :)  Right back at you VCUInsider.

Milwarriorkee

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 10:35:04 AM »
Frankly the fact that this thread caused VCUinsider to post in this manner has me thinking we are on to something.

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 10:35:14 AM »
I'm not here to criticize MU, an institution I attended and love, but you have been living under a rock the past few years if you think there have been no screw-ups. That's all I'm going to say.

Absolutely not living under a rock. But I also know it's real easy to say "there are tons of reasons for XYZ". It's much harder to sit down and actually come up with those reasons.

Again, I don't think any institution is perfect, but we've already made up our minds that the University's leadership is inept, and use every little thing that goes wrong to confirm it.

It's tiresome. But, If I'm wrong and indeed living under a rock, I'd love to know all the things MU has royally screwed up--to the point that they can't be trusted to do anything right.
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 10:35:31 AM »
A friend of mine asked Fr Wild at a dinner for prospective students last night and he asked Fr. Wild if SS will be the new hc.  His response - laugh -
"Things are happening very fast."  He followed that up by giving him a look that said - pay attention - "Very fast".  And that was it.

Later after the dinner he asked if Fr. Wild would be staying to mingle and Fr. Wild said, "oh no, I am out of this place as of now".

Our new president was then announced.  Was Wild hinting that the president was going to be announced.  Is SS gonna be the new hc?  Hmm.

All the scoops on here by people in the know have been leading to the same outcome: Shaka will be the next head coach.  All the events these past few days have been supporting that theory.

Who knows?  It actually could be true.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 10:36:24 AM »
Absolutely not living under a rock. But I also know it's real easy to say "there are tons of reasons for XYZ". It's much harder to sit down and actually come up with those reasons.

Again, I don't think any institution is perfect, but we've already made up our minds that the University's leadership is inept, and use every little thing that goes wrong to confirm it.

It's tiresome. But, If I'm wrong and indeed living under a rock, I'd love to know all the things MU has royally screwed up--to the point that they can't be trusted to do anything right.

The Gold.
Giving a retired jersey number to a current player.
The Fr. Pilarz hire.
The Larry Williams vs Buzz Williams drama.
Having multiple very high up academic positions vacant for an extended period of time.
The handling of allegations of sexual abuse by athletes, which resulted in a federal investigation.
Tearing down Hegarty's.
Letting Angelo's close.

I hate to be a downer, but I don't have a lot of confidence right now. Again, I hope I am proved wrong.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:39:14 AM by Bleuteaux »

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 10:36:34 AM »
That AD of yours has a nice bio, I wonder if anyone is looking for a new AD?  :)  Right back at you VCUInsider.

I think it'd be hilarious if we were able to pull both the AD and HC from VCU.  Not likely, but still kind of hilarious given the buildup and meltdowns on both boards.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.