[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mystery Solved!  (Read 26282 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Mystery Solved!
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 10:36:45 AM »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 10:37:14 AM »
I'm really hoping this is the case. I wish I was more confident MU really has it together, but I'm not. Too much stuff has been bungled in the past. See: The Gold.

I hope they prove me wrong.

Obviously, you are too young to remember (or have not seen the case study) on New Coke.

The Gold was sheer marketing genius insomuch as the BoT would never think they were intelligent enough to pull that off.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUlegends

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 10:37:36 AM »
I don't have any more faith that this is being handled well than any of you do. However, the whole "leak" of SS to MU was more than just normal speculation involved with him in the past. If it were me, or if I were a higher up at VCU, and there was no chance of SS to MU then it definitely warrants a public statement that SS isn't going anywhere. Long story short, I know "too late", SS to MU still has some legs.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2014, 10:37:46 AM »
My sources indicate you're hanging on by a shred of hope.

I would highly recommend moving your emotional efforts elsewhere.

Yo Chief, heat turned up a little too high for y'all's linkin'?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 10:39:01 AM »
Obviously, you are too young to remember (or have not seen the case study) on New Coke.

The Gold was sheer marketing genius insomuch as the BoT would never think they were intelligent enough to pull that off.

Changing the name to the Gold actually made students and alumni want to be the Golden Eagles again (or in many cases for the first time) since the only reason people complained about the name so much was they thought we might bring back Warriors without the imagery.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2014, 10:39:09 AM »
Wait a minute; I thought this guys mission in life was to encourage this crap.....hmmmm

Yeah WTF? the cognitive dissonance I'm experiencing right now is very disconcerting. Stay on message, VCUInsider! I would have thought someone so close to the beltway would get how that works.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2014, 10:39:13 AM »
We will see, until then go with the simplistic explanation:

1.  There was no deal.  Maybe talks, but no deal.
2.  The Tweet was simply wrong. But given IWB, he had to have something... even if the source was wrong.
3.  The Tweet was right, but something changed and was premature.
4.  A deal to one may not be a deal to another.  Deal has different meanings.  There is/was a "deal" but deals don't mean he is coming.
5.  There is a deal but with a different coach than SS.  No rumblings out of VCU.  Nothing.  Maybe this should be higher.
6.  There is no deal, but discussion with  a number of coach's and it has been concluded that we need a President and AD first.  But I suspect there is some deal with someone.
7.  Yes, SS will be announced after the President.  

8.  Or, FRANK UNDERWOOD is leading the hiring process and the OP poster is correct and SS is coming!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:43:37 AM by GOO »

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2014, 10:39:17 AM »

After being immediately exposed as a fraud on a local and national level, and being ripped into as a "douche," "loser", etc., you still post here. Wow, you gave a whole new meaning to the word pathetic.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2014, 10:40:26 AM »

Epic Twitter troll job, BTW. You got a shout out on one of our local sports talk stations thos AM (1250 - Chuck F gave you a mention).
Relax. Respect the Process.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2014, 10:40:35 AM »
Frankly the fact that this thread caused VCUinsider to post in this manner has me thinking we are on to something.

He doesn't know squat.  He's a self-important undergrad who works for the student newspaper.  Move along.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2014, 10:41:02 AM »
The Gold.
Giving a retired jersey number to a current player.
The Fr. Pilarz hire.
The Larry Williams vs Buzz Williams drama.
Having multiple very high up academic positions vacant for an extended period of time.
The handling of allegations of sexual abuse by athletes, which resulted in a federal investigation.

I hate to be a downer, but I don't have a lot of confidence right now. Again, I hope I am proved wrong.

The last three are not BoT-level items.  Sure, the buck has to stop somewhere, but the trustees aren't handling the day-to-day at MU.  If anything, the epilogue of the incidents you mention show that the BoT is taking their role seriously and acting appropriately.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

RamScam

• Walk-On
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2014, 10:42:32 AM »
Lol! At this thread

VCUInsider

• Walk-On
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »
Epic Twitter troll job, BTW. You got a shout out on one of our local sports talk stations thos AM (1250 - Chuck F gave you a mention).

Thanks mate, wait to see what I have in store for the Big East move.

Honestly, If you (all) believe a guy that charges a subscription for "inside info," I feel bad for you.  Don't you realize that you can get more subscribers by posting vague innuendos alluding to what the people WANT to hear?

I don't trust anyone attempting to make a buck off information that is nebulous.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2014, 10:43:13 AM »
The last three are not BoT-level items.  Sure, the buck has to stop somewhere, but the trustees aren't handling the day-to-day at MU.  If anything, the epilogue of the incidents you mention show that the BoT is taking their role seriously and acting appropriately.

I updated my post with two very important additional items  ;D

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2014, 10:44:34 AM »
Lol! At this thread

Youre worse then the troll. I think the funniest part is that so many VCU fans have made an account on our site but none of us found it necessary to make an account for your site. Thats just explains the discrepancy between the programs.

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2014, 10:44:42 AM »
Feeling a little nervous are we? Youre almost as bad as UDPride but instead of "The A-10 school will never leave" substitute in Shaka.
After days and days of searching the darkest corners of the internet, I still have yet to find a single VCU fan that truly believes Shaka will never leave.

Youre worse then the troll. I think the funniest part is that so many VCU fans have made an account on our site but none of us found it necessary to make an account for your site. Thats just explains the discrepancy between the programs.
I sincerely hope this is sarcasm.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:46:39 AM by Warriors+Rams »

chapman

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2014, 10:45:03 AM »
Thanks mate, wait to see what I have in store for the Big East move.

Honestly, If you (all) believe a guy that charges a subscription for "inside info," I feel bad for you.  Don't you realize that you can get more subscribers by posting vague innuendos alluding to what the people WANT to hear?

I don't trust anyone attempting to make a buck off information that is nebulous.

I'll tell you why I'm you're completely wrong, but you'll have to pay me to read it.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2014, 10:45:13 AM »

VCUInsider

• Walk-On
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2014, 10:45:53 AM »
I'll tell you why I'm you're completely wrong, but you'll have to pay me to read it.

EXACTLY!!  You're actually intelligent.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2014, 10:46:06 AM »
I'm afraid there is a twist to the theory in the lead post that in my mind is better supported by a BigDaddy post yesterday at noon.  I think there was serious interest by SS with the lack of a Pres and AD (getting a read on who he would report to) was one of the big negs.  After thinking it through SS decided that its simply to big an unknown.  Even if they guys are named they have no track record he can count on.  With that in mind he decided to break off the discussions.  Hence the reports that he told everyone at VCU he is staying.
Since MU didn't have an official offer he was officially reviewing he doesn't feel the need to officially turn down MU.
As Big Daddy says no news today will mean its probably dead.
I'm ready to move on to Ben.  Can't wait too long.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2014, 10:46:14 AM »
Lol! At this thread

Why do you continue to show up on this board if you are so confident in Shaka staying at VCU?

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2014, 10:46:19 AM »
My thought is that "The Gold" was the classic "two steps forward, one step back."

People cry that "Golden Eagles" sucks.  They want "Warriors."  They give us "Gold."  We cry back "Ok, Ok, Golden Eagles was fine, anything but Gold"

You may think I am giving them too much credit, but these folks are all smarter than we think

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2014, 10:47:11 AM »
After days and days of searching the darkest corners of the internet, I still have yet to see anyone say that Shaka will never leave VCU.

And that is what is keeping hope alive for us here. You would think by now if he wasn't at least still intrigued the entire "I'm staying at X school, and plan on being her for Y."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2014, 10:48:09 AM »
I updated my post with two very important additional items  ;D

I see that you have.  Other than the Pilarz hire, I stand by my comment that BoT has acted appropriately (or at the very least weren't the ones who dropped the ball) in all of those cases.  Even with Pilarz, at least they realized early on that they made a bad decision and took swift action to correct it.

You may not agree with the decisions they've made, but faulting them in hindsight and/or implying that decisions were made negligently or with malice is just plain wrong.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2014, 10:48:47 AM »
I'm afraid there is a twist to the theory in the lead post that in my mind is better supported by a BigDaddy post yesterday at noon.  I think there was serious interest by SS with the lack of a Pres and AD (getting a read on who he would report to) was one of the big negs.  After thinking it through SS decided that its simply to big an unknown.  Even if they guys are named they have no track record he can count on.  With that in mind he decided to break off the discussions.  Hence the reports that he told everyone at VCU he is staying.
Since MU didn't have an official offer he was officially reviewing he doesn't feel the need to officially turn down MU.
As Big Daddy says no news today will mean its probably dead.
I'm ready to move on to Ben.  Can't wait too long.

Very likely...but what if we go hard after their AD? Then he might change his mind again back to MU...

feedback