[Today at 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[Today at 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 07:12:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by mileskishnish72
[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IWB Speaks...  (Read 25622 times)

Aughnanure

• All American
Re: IWB Speaks...
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2014, 01:00:29 PM »
MU deserves better than this as well.  MU has to be f'ing FURIOUS over the leaks.  When you have a coach like Smart that has year after year flirted with various schools, only to run back, you have to be careful what gets out there.  I'm not blaming IWB, I figure all these guys have basically the same source or one source polluted a bunch of other "credible" sources.  Who knows.

Still hope it happens, but I have to think MU is not happy if this truly had a chance and it doesn't work out.  If it all works out, then everyone can chill.  If it doesn't, I'm sure many folks will be quite disillusioned and MAY think that stuff blowing up on twitter and elsewhere COULD have been a reason to say no thanks. 

If his life decisions are that influenced because someone tweets it before it happens or not, sheesh, I don't know.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2014, 01:06:06 PM »
I don't think twitter should ever be used as a source of anything, ever, for any reason. It's the worlds largest cesspool

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2014, 01:15:16 PM »
HE IS ALIVE

Indeed. Thanks for your concern. I have been ignoring your trolling (If I had a dollar for every time Chicos...) and all the nonsensical ramblings from others here until the dust settles. Going to the San Diego area on a golf trip tomorrow (Pelican Hill is our first stop) but I promise you I'll share my thoughts about Buzz, our new hire and all the transfers at IU with you upon my return. Until then, keep the faith.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2014, 01:29:54 PM »
I don't think twitter should ever be used as a source of anything, ever, for any reason. It's the worlds largest cesspool

POTUS uses it

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2014, 01:31:18 PM »
POTUS uses it

come on CBB. no need to derail this thread

connie

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2014, 01:32:25 PM »
That's an unreasonable expectation to place on the man.  Is he supposed to constantly scour the internet during the offseason looking for fanbases that are getting the idea he might go coach for them.  This isn't even a national news story, it's a Milwaukee news story.  What is there that he should have to refute at this point?

Or should he make an announcement every day at 5 pm that there is no announcement?
This is the question TJ.  Where are those fan bases getting the idea he might (or will, in our case) come to them?  These are not just wishes that fall out of the air.  If Shaka really is the humble, home spun boy that is so happy with where he is that he will settle for a million or more less a year with less resources then good for him.  These rumors do not reach the point that they do without there being something behind them--as we have learned.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

TJ

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2014, 01:38:43 PM »
This is the question TJ.  Where are those fan bases getting the idea he might (or will, in our case) come to them?  These are not just wishes that fall out of the air.  If Shaka really is the humble, home spun boy that is so happy with where he is that he will settle for a million or more less a year with less resources then good for him.  These rumors do not reach the point that they do without there being something behind them--as we have learned.
and that is not Shaka Smart's problem. I'm sure that Marquette wants him. I'm sure they gave him their pitch and their offer. He might have even listened to it and even considered it. He'll, he might still be considering it. But it's not his job to keep the other guys quiet, nor to worry about how the local media there is reacting to the leaks. He might want to say something if it gets to be a national story, but until then why is any of this his problem?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2014, 01:41:55 PM »
VCU-related Shaka-endorsed products on clearance at my local Walgreens. Coincidence?
Have some patience, FFS.

connie

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2014, 01:45:56 PM »
and that is not Shaka Smart's problem. I'm sure that Marquette wants him. I'm sure they gave him their pitch and their offer. He might have even listened to it and even considered it. He'll, he might still be considering it. But it's not his job to keep the other guys quiet, nor to worry about how the local media there is reacting to the leaks. He might want to say something if it gets to be a national story, but until then why is any of this his problem?
Its not his problem.  I was responding to the idea that he was some kind of innocent and had nothing to do with the existence or persistence of the "Shaka is going to" rumors.  If I were him I wouldn't say anything, in public, either.  Why lose your denyability?
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2014, 01:48:08 PM »
So have we officially moved on and ruled Shaka out?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2014, 01:50:07 PM »
come on CBB. no need to derail this thread

Not derailing, twitter is used all the time for information from news organizations, our gov't, etc.  You have to be careful whom the source is, or if you believe what the source is saying, but it is used constantly to break stories, deliver information, etc.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2014, 03:03:34 PM »
Little respect please.

IWB made his bones when most of you were going out with cheerleaders!!

Wait, I dated a cheerleader!?! She told me she was ROTC! I was duped!

As to the post, at this point in time IWB is neither correct or incorrect. A conclusive judgment can only be made when SS is named Marquette's new BB coach, someone not named SS is named as new coach, or SS makes a public statement that somehow takes him out of the running.  In the meantime, enjoy the carnival!

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2014, 03:05:24 PM »
Not derailing, twitter is used all the time for information from news organizations, our gov't, etc.  You have to be careful whom the source is, or if you believe what the source is saying, but it is used constantly to break stories, deliver information, etc.

I don't care where the information comes from: New York Times, PBS, Fox News, CNN, Twitter...JUST BE ACCURATE!

mumagz84

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2014, 03:12:58 PM »
I don't care where the information comes from: New York Times, PBS, Fox News, CNN, Twitter...JUST BE ACCURATE!

I agree.  So far, the source seems like we have all been watching MADtv to this point.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 03:19:28 PM by mumagz84 »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2014, 04:22:25 PM »
Indeed. Thanks for your concern. I have been ignoring your trolling (If I had a dollar for every time Chicos...) and all the nonsensical ramblings from others here until the dust settles. Going to the San Diego area on a golf trip tomorrow (Pelican Hill is our first stop) but I promise you I'll share my thoughts about Buzz, our new hire and all the transfers at IU with you upon my return. Until then, keep the faith.

I look forward to it.  Pelican Hill is actually in the O.C....nice course, but over priced.  Enjoy the trip.  Hopefully you'll have a chance to play Torrey Pines and Aviara while you are down here.

Keeping the faith.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2014, 04:22:53 PM »

That would be nice.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2014, 05:29:59 PM »
Nothing against IMB, don't even know the guy. It appears that there has been much pre-mature ejaculation on this whole search.

It would be nice to get Shaka, but if you give your best offer, do it with a drop dead date. The guy has a history of jacking around. We need to shore up the team and recruits, and this is getting ridiculous. Feelers should have been out a week ago. Time to move on.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2014, 05:35:53 PM »
MU may have gotten played by Smart.  No one at MU should be cruicified for that.  Who knows, maybe Smart told IWB's sources it was a "done deal"?  Where is the anger at Smart for leading along the MU adminsitration?  Will everyone be just as mad at Smart if later today VCU announces a new contract for Smart with a significant pay increase?
If we do not get him, then there is plenty of criticism to throw. Feelers should have been out for a week. Give the guy you best big time offer with a cut off date. That eliminates all of the back and forth. If we have been played, it is out fault.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2014, 08:51:58 PM »
So no proclamations of a done deal from IWB tonight? I was kind of excited to see what he was gonna provide for the encore tonite  ;D

cnse70

• Walk-On
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2014, 09:31:51 PM »

I look forward to it.  Pelican Hill is actually in the O.C....nice course, but over priced.  Enjoy the trip.  Hopefully you'll have a chance to play Torrey Pines and Aviara while you are down here.

Keeping the faith.

I would throw Mt Woodson in that group.  Not has sexy as TP and Aviara, but a hell of a course and a hell of a lot cheaper for non residence.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2014, 09:48:58 PM »
I would throw Mt Woodson in that group.  Not has sexy as TP and Aviara, but a hell of a course and a hell of a lot cheaper for non residence.

Never played it, but would like to.  Need to get my shoulder fixed first

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2014, 09:56:43 PM »

Keeping the faith.

Lenny swing by the casa for a brewski?

Go Warriors

• Walk-On
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2014, 10:07:28 PM »
I vacation in San Diego quite often.
Mt Woodson is incredible....recommend Maderas and Barona Creek as well.  I thought TP was overrated.

cnse70

• Walk-On
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2014, 11:25:48 PM »
I vacation in San Diego quite often.
Mt Woodson is incredible....recommend Maderas and Barona Creek as well.  I thought TP was overrated.

Yep, Maderas and Barona are nice.  La Costa is another over rated course IMHO.

Logi4three

• Team Captain
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2014, 11:52:12 PM »

Because the national media never get anything wrong...
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10669808/steve-masiello-verge-leaving-manhattan-jaspers-become-head-coach-south-florida-bulls

feedback