'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IWB Speaks...  (Read 25558 times)

Fullodds

• All American
IWB Speaks...
« on: March 25, 2014, 10:37:19 AM »
I have not disappeared
So now I am getting blasted from all corners of the internet. I'm a big boy, I understand that and I can deal with it.

But for some to say I am hiding? That I have disappeared? Not even close. One guy said that yesterday was amateur hour. Really? Amateur? Sorry, I take offense to that.

There was nothing that I tweeted yesterday or that I posted on our premium board that came from a single source. Everything I said was gathered by multiple angles. Not one, not two but multiple.

I have disappeared? I'm hiding? I went to bed at about 2:00am last night and I grabbed my phone when it first went off this morning at 5:45.

I had worked this all day yesterday and am not about to sleep on it today. Every source that I got info from yesterday is trying to get more today, but as of now, all has been quiet.

I will not back down or backtrack from anything I said yesterday. Did things change? Did something go wrong? I do not know, but I will continue to stay on it until I have answers for you.

http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/showthread.php?6800-I-have-not-disappeared

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: IWB Speaks...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 10:38:09 AM »
Thanks.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 10:39:37 AM »
Not a criticism but that's about the only play he has right now.  We'll see, I think things can still go his way but the end of the day will tell the tale.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MountainCreekHouse

• Starter
  • Danktatoes
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 10:39:59 AM »
He's getting defensive, like an cornered animal.
Farva:"Give me six Schlitzes."
O'Hagan: "Take it easy, Rod."
Farva: "Open bar, dude!"

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 10:41:53 AM »
He's getting defensive, like an cornered animal.

Yes, but is he being cornered by lions or jackals?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

shiloh26

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 10:42:14 AM »
This is a lot different than "Done Deal"

3Mer

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 10:42:22 AM »
There was nothing that I tweeted yesterday or that I posted on our premium board that came from a single source. Everything I said was gathered by multiple angles. Not one, not two but multiple.

I wonder whether those multiple sources emmanated from the Journalism school.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 10:42:52 AM »
Good for him. But, he never conceded that he may have jumped the gun. A little remorse can go a long way. Ask Giambi--not A-Roid.

RyanConroy

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 10:43:33 AM »
Every source that I got info from yesterday is trying to get more today, but as of now, all has been quiet.

I found this disappointing. I figured he'd had a source directly involved in the process.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 10:45:17 AM »
I have not disappeared
So now I am getting blasted from all corners of the internet. I'm a big boy, I understand that and I can deal with it.

But for some to say I am hiding? That I have disappeared? Not even close. One guy said that yesterday was amateur hour. Really? Amateur? Sorry, I take offense to that.

I have disappeared? I'm hiding? I went to bed at about 2:00am last night and I grabbed my phone when it first went off this morning at 5:45.

I had worked this all day yesterday and am not about to sleep on it today. Every source that I got info from yesterday is trying to get more today, but as of now, all has been quiet.

I will not back down or backtrack from anything I said yesterday. Did things change? Did something go wrong? I do not know, but I will continue to stay on it until I have answers for you.

That's disconcerting.  I was hoping someone sent him a text saying "we literally have his signature.  its official" or something similar.  If it's even possible for circumstances could change, then I wouldn't have said "done deal."  But that's just me.  I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because his entire reputation is on the line here.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 10:49:31 AM »

The bet has been placed, this doesn't mitigate it or serve as a withdrawal.  This shouldn't salvage the meal ticket he gets off of the program if he's wrong, or the respect he will earn by being right when all of the national guys are wrong.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 10:50:53 AM »
Is there any possible way terms are agreed to or even signed, but MU wants to announce the new president first and have the coach be his or her hire, even though said person would have presumably had nothing to do with it? Just for perception's sake?

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 10:53:09 AM »
Yes, but is he being cornered by eagles or rams?

It pains me to put eagles in there, but it works better that way.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Guy Fieri's Dad

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 10:53:22 AM »
Is there any possible way terms are agreed to or even signed, but MU wants to announce the new president first and have the coach be his or her hire, even though said person would have presumably had nothing to do with it? Just for perception's sake?

Interesting idea. It would make sense if BOT close to making a decision on the President.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 10:54:15 AM »
Everyone would see through that charade at this point. In fact, I'd be insulted if that's how it went down--not for very long, obviously.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 10:54:24 AM »
I have not disappeared

I hope it turns we get Smart, but he's already been proven wrong in his "done deal" declaration.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • āœ… Verified Member
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 10:55:26 AM »

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 10:56:35 AM »
Only play he's got.  He's got a lot riding on the last 24 hours and the next 24...

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 10:57:18 AM »
I respect him for sticking with it. No excuses made on his end.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 10:57:27 AM »

I think that you are grasping for straws there.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 10:57:41 AM »
This is a lot different than "Done Deal"

This....

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 11:00:34 AM »

Wait, how many is multiple, again?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 11:02:43 AM »
I think that you are grasping for straws there.

Of course I am!

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 11:04:40 AM »
Everyone would see through that charade at this point. In fact, I'd be insulted if that's how it went down--not for very long, obviously.

Oh it would definitely be annoying, and a farcical charade without a doubt. However, I would get over it in milliseconds.

MU111

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 11:04:57 AM »
Wait, how many is multiple, again?

Apparently 2.01 sources.  Not sure who makes up the 0.01.  :D