Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: VTech  (Read 15323 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: VTech
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »
Although I agree with all of the MU posters here this guy is just a troll looking for a reaction to bring back to the VT message boards if I had to guess. Worrying about Virginia Tech basketball and other athletics for that matter is not even worth our time.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2014, 09:08:16 AM »
Although I agree with all of the MU posters here this guy is just a troll looking for a reaction to bring back to the VT message boards if I had to guess. Worrying about Virginia Tech basketball and other athletics for that matter is not even worth our time.

Exactly, we have better things to worry about like IU basketball and other athletics.   ;)

VTHokiesPSULaw

• Walk-On
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2014, 11:22:33 AM »
Spoiler alert:  You aren't a lawyer.  You write like a kid in college; just a stream of thought.  And you seem to have a very high opinion of VT.

If Buzz is 'clearly one of the best coaches in college basketball' why did he just go 17-15 after being picked to win the Big East?  Additionally, why are there people coming out of the woodwork saying that Buzz was basically told to hit the road?  Why won't Buzz answer any direct question about why he left Marquette?  His best answer is because the conference changed?  Please.  If you can't see there is something more to this situation then I really hope you enjoy what you've really got in your new coach.   A total nut bag.

Thank you for letting me know I'm not an attorney. I guess being an editor on the Penn State Law Review, passing the bar the first time upon graduation, and practicing at an international law firm in Philadelphia....as well as two judicial clerkships are just a figment of my imagination (I put that ellipsis in there just for you). And I wasn't aware that this was a message board requiring a post to be written in such a manner as to be eligible for immediate publication in a legal treatise. I appreciate the concern, and I'm sure it will be an enormous relief for everyone concerned with my grammar that I take a slightly different approach when writing a judicial opinion, legal brief, complaint, contract, various memoranda, correspondence with clients and other attorneys, etc. This is all way off the point, but there was apparently a lot of concern about it, so I thought I would indulge everyone and address the matter.
    Another quick note.... there was a comment stating that VT had an ok engineering school. Again, off topic, but it was brought up so I'll briefly address that.  The graduate school of engineering is ranked #21 overall in the most recent US News and World Report rankings, with various specialties ranked in the top ten, including the Master of Information Technology degree program at #2, Biological/Agricultural #8, Civil Engineering #10, Environmental/Environmental Health #8, Industrial/Manufacturing/Systems #8 . The undergraduate College of Engineering is ranked #15 in the country. I'll spare you the details here, and just provide a link if you're interested: http://www.eng.vt.edu/news/virginia-tech-breaks-top-25-best-public-universities-undergraduates-ranked-us-news-world-report
Some more information to clear up any questions/concerns. The Princeton Review recently ranked Virginia Tech #1 in "Their Students Love these Colleges" rankings, or the happiest/most satisfied students out of 378 colleges
http://in.princetonreview.com/in/2013/08/the-college-with-the-most-satisfied-students-virginia-tech.html
More useless information? Ranked #1 in best campus food and dining by various sources; #1 Fittest College, 2013, The Active Times; 2014 10 Best College Towns to live in #5, Business Insider; #2 Best College Football Town, USA Today; American Institute for Economic Research Names 75 Best College Towns and Cities for 2013-2014: Blacksburg, Christiansburg-Radford ranked #8.....I could go on and on.
    I apologize that this is slightly off-topic, but like I said, these things were brought up by posters in this thread and I'm simply addressing them, and a few more nuggets to enjoy. Oh and there was a comment about our football program lol. Yes we had two down years, 7-6 and 8-5. That was preceded by 8 consecutive years of 10 or more wins. And in the BCS era, VT had the 4th highest winning % of all BCS schools. We finally hired a new offensive staff, something that should have been done long ago. Our OC/ QB coach Scott Loeffler is one of the best QB coaches in the country. Previously coached at Michigan, Florida and Auburn. New OL coach was the OL coach at Texas, and previously coached at Georgia and LSU. Our new WR coach, Aaron Moore head, from Stanford is kicking butt and taking names....brought in 3 4 star wide receivers in his first full year of recruiting ( won a super bowl with Manning and the Colts. All that combined with Bud Foster, the best DC in America.... I think we'll be just fine.
    Finally, as to Marquette basketball. Colin Cowherd just reported that Marquette and Wake Forest have reached out to Shaka Smart. It's highly unlikely he will come to Marquette, BC he is worshipping at VCU. But I hope you guys get him. It would be a win win for both of us. And stranger things have happened.... like Buzz leaving to coach at VT. Best of Luck. I'm sure there will be a hundred posts talking about my insecurities about myself, VT, etc. That's OK.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2014, 11:25:10 AM »
      Thank you for letting me know I'm not an attorney. I guess being an editor on the Penn State Law Review, passing the bar the first time upon graduation, and practicing at an international law firm in Philadelphia....as well as two judicial clerkships are just a figment of my imagination (I put that ellipsis in there just for you). And I wasn't aware that this was a message board requiring a post to be written in such a manner as to be eligible for immediate publication in a legal treatise. I appreciate the concern, and I'm sure it will be an enormous relief for everyone concerned with my grammar that I take a slightly different approach when writing a judicial opinion, legal brief, complaint, contract, various memoranda, correspondence with clients and other attorneys, etc. This is all way off the point, but there was apparently a lot of concern about it, so I thought I would indulge everyone and address the matter.
    Another quick note.... there was a comment stating that VT had an ok engineering school. Again, off topic, but it was brought up so I'll briefly address that.  The graduate school of engineering is ranked #21 overall in the most recent US News and World Report rankings, with various specialties ranked in the top ten, including the Master of Information Technology degree program at #2, Biological/Agricultural #8, Civil Engineering #10, Environmental/Environmental Health #8, Industrial/Manufacturing/Systems #8 . The undergraduate College of Engineering is ranked #15 in the country. I'll spare you the details here, and just provide a link if you're interested: http://www.eng.vt.edu/news/virginia-tech-breaks-top-25-best-public-universities-undergraduates-ranked-us-news-world-report
Some more information to clear up any questions/concerns. The Princeton Review recently ranked Virginia Tech #1 in "Their Students Love these Colleges" rankings, or the happiest/most satisfied students out of 378 colleges
http://in.princetonreview.com/in/2013/08/the-college-with-the-most-satisfied-students-virginia-tech.html
More useless information? Ranked #1 in best campus food and dining by various sources; #1 Fittest College, 2013, The Active Times; 2014 10 Best College Towns to live in #5, Business Insider; #2 Best College Football Town, USA Today; American Institute for Economic Research Names 75 Best College Towns and Cities for 2013-2014: Blacksburg, Christiansburg-Radford ranked #8.....I could go on and on.
    I apologize that this is slightly off-topic, but like I said, these things were brought up by posters in this thread and I'm simply addressing them, and a few more nuggets to enjoy. Oh and there was a comment about our football program lol. Yes we had two down years, 7-6 and 8-5. That was preceded by 8 consecutive years of 10 or more wins. And in the BCS era, VT had the 4th highest winning % of all BCS schools. We finally hired a new offensive staff, something that should have been done long ago. Our OC/ QB coach Scott Loeffler is one of the best QB coaches in the country. Previously coached at Michigan, Florida and Auburn. New OL coach was the OL coach at Texas, and previously coached at Georgia and LSU. Our new WR coach, Aaron Moore head, from Stanford is kicking butt and taking names....brought in 3 4 star wide receivers in his first full year of recruiting ( won a super bowl with Manning and the Colts. All that combined with Bud Foster, the best DC in America.... I think we'll be just fine.
    Finally, as to Marquette basketball. Colin Cowherd just reported that Marquette and Wake Forest have reached out to Shaka Smart. It's highly unlikely he will come to Marquette, BC he is worshipping at VCU. But I hope you guys get him. It would be a win win for both of us. And stranger things have happened.... like Buzz leaving to coach at VT. Best of Luck. I'm sure there will be a hundred posts talking about my insecurities about myself, VT, etc. That's OK.

I sure got under your skin pretty easily.  You must be a really good law talking guy.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2014, 11:30:51 AM »

You clearly get paid by the hour...

Death on call

connie

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2014, 11:35:11 AM »
Wow, Best Campus Food and Dining!  Tell me more, please!
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

BlindboyPatSmith

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2014, 11:39:54 AM »

What?  what did you say?  I dozed off right after....that Penn State Law Review thing....