Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UWM is Dancing  (Read 16518 times)

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
Re: UWM is Dancing
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2014, 10:40:33 PM »
I really don't care what they did, they made the tournament. Being a team in a conference like the Horizon you know you aren't getting in unless you win the tournament. Hats off to them, they did what they had to. I would consider their season to be more successful than ours and I'm sure they would give Marquette a heck of a game this year as we are not very good.

Ok well I disagree with you. When judging which team is better I do care "what they did". They are in a conference like the Horizon because their program isn't better, by the way. They could give us a heck of a game, or even beat us and that wouldn't prove they were better. That's why it would be called an upset.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2014, 10:50:21 PM »
Ok well I disagree with you. When judging which team is better I do care "what they did". They are in a conference like the Horizon because their program isn't better, by the way. They could give us a heck of a game, or even beat us and that wouldn't prove they were better. That's why it would be called an upset.

That's fine, that's why I like this board because there are so many different opinions and I like hearing differing views. Their program is not better without any doubt. Just because their program isn't better, doesn't mean they couldn't have a better season or team though. If they beat us this year would it really be much of an upset?

JMcSteal

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2014, 11:52:26 PM »
I'd take Jordan Aaron any day of the week... and Steve McWhorter for that matter.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2014, 12:25:22 AM »
Ding ding ding

I don't block party with them....no love from me.  I'd rather see Loyola Maymount, USC, USD, Pepperdine, LBSU, UCIrvine, Fullerton, etc win for my block party.

What? No Gonzaga?

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2014, 12:32:37 AM »
What? No Gonzaga?

If I lived in Spokane, sure.   That was quite a first round scare they had the other day.  Nice wins the last two days.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2014, 12:58:50 AM »
If I lived in Spokane, sure.   That was quite a first round scare they had the other day.  Nice wins the last two days.

Numbers wise the Zags have a bigger following in Seattle but they are still drowned out by Dawgs and Cougs. I like to see the Zags do well.

Death on call

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2014, 01:42:58 AM »
If you cannot be happy for UWM, I don't know what to say.  It's their 5th NCAA Tourney.  We own the 6th longest current NCAA in the country.  I work with some UWM fans / alums and I'm happy for them.  We are far and away the superior program but until Saturday at 11pm, they're danncing and we're not (yet).

Be happy for your neighbor.  Makes the block party that much more enjoyable.

Completely agree.  Have no affiliation for the school, and was rooting for them.  I do remember watching Dylan Page miss a layup in ncaa's 03 in Indy to try and knock off Notre Dame. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2014, 06:48:21 AM »
I'd be fine with MU sneakin' in the back door.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2014, 08:20:43 AM »

then into the mouth of the NCAA tournament.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2014, 08:45:31 AM »
Anybody wanna guess on their seed?
I'm guessing it will be better than our's.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2014, 08:50:31 AM »
And fresh Miller High Life.

Congrats to UWM. Bids are hard to get no matter how you get them.
Yes--custard and Miller always go well together.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2014, 08:52:15 AM »
MU sneaking in the back door would really donkey punch one of these bubble teams.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2014, 09:18:28 AM »

+1

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2014, 09:26:05 AM »
Numbers wise the Zags have a bigger following in Seattle but they are still drowned out by Dawgs and Cougs. I like to see the Zags do well.

Was wondering about that Keefe.

I have family in the Liberty Lake/Coeur d'Alene area and they are crazy about the Zags. But I always wondered what people in Seattle thought/cared.

I know there is really nothing else to compete with them in Spokane, which has a metro of over 500,000 people, so there's tons of support there.

GoPanthers33

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2014, 09:32:13 AM »

I hope you guys do!

Let's have one giant State of Wisconsin party in the tourney!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2014, 09:35:43 AM »
Congrats, Panthers.   Way to turn your season around.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2014, 10:51:51 AM »
Agree...congrats to UWM for making the tourney....hopefully we can follow a similar template...long shot that wins conference tourney to secure a berth. 

Watching Jordan Aaron last night made me envious...
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2014, 11:06:51 AM »
The sad thing is we don't have to be bad next season, but stubbornness will likely lead to the same type of season.

We haven't even ended this season and you have already determined that next year will be bad and that it will have nothing to do with the players and only with some mythical belief that Buzz wants to win with his "way" only and if he doesn't that's fine he'll take losses?

Do you really believe this?  If so have you called for Buzz to be fired?  If not you should, and if you won't then you don't actually believe this.

Where does this stubborn narrative come from?  Just because in one season Buzz made moves you don't agree with so that means it's always going to happen?  This is the single most frustrating opinion on the board for me, and I want someone to explain it to me.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:11:28 AM by mu03eng »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2014, 11:07:33 AM »
That's fine, that's why I like this board because there are so many different opinions and I like hearing differing views. Their program is not better without any doubt. Just because their program isn't better, doesn't mean they couldn't have a better season or team though. If they beat us this year would it really be much of an upset?

yes I think so - just in RPI there is a stark different. They were 7-9 in a very weak conference and we were 9-9 in a strong one.

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2014, 11:09:17 AM »
We haven't even ended this season and you have already determined that next year will be bad and that it will have nothing to do with the players and only with some mythical believe that Buzz wants to win with his "way" only and if he doesn't that's fine he'll take losses?

Do you really believe this?  If so have you called for Buzz to be fired?  If not you should, and if you won't then you don't actually believe this.

Where does this stubborn narrative come from?  Just because in one season Buzz made moves you don't agree with so that means it's always going to happen?  This is the single most frustrating opinion on the board for me, and I want someone to explain it to me.

+1

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2014, 11:10:57 AM »
I absolutely will not cheer for UWM or Madison, just not gonna happen.  For the fans of those teams, great, I'm happy you are happy but under no circumstances will I cheer for your team.  Not to mention if they continue to win they are going to do nothing but rub it in our face and/or dismiss our support as bandwagon stuff.  I'd rather earn their disdain than get it anyway while trying to be nice.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if you are a rival and an obnoxious one at that why should I cheer for you or be happy for you?  Drives my wife nuts, she gets so mad because I refuse to cheer for her team(Madison) under any circumstances.

I will cheer for other Big East teams because we at least have common interests.  Other than that, burn it all

;D
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2014, 11:30:10 AM »
Where does this stubborn narrative come from?  Just because in one season Buzz made moves you don't agree with so that means it's always going to happen?  This is the single most frustrating opinion on the board for me, and I want someone to explain it to me.

My opinion is that Buzz hitched his and the team's wagon to Derrick running the point this year, and at any given time could have shifted course with good reason - based on largely ineffective play at the position throughout the course of the year.  He simply refused to let Dawson play through mistakes, generally, whereby - one mistake and he gets sent to the bench - all the while allowing the veteran to play through his mistakes and ineffective play over the course of the season.

What struck me about his love and allegiance for Derrick was during the Xavier game at home - Derrick made about 3 good plays in a row, perhaps 2 steals and converted them for baskets, Xavier calls timeout....and Buzz runs to Derrick and gives him this huge bear hug for about 5 seconds...obviously was happy for Derrick in that moment, and knows Derrick/and him have been criticized a lot this season...and it was almost a moment of "justification," that he was so eager to latch onto.  Yet, when Dawson led us to victory in Overtime at G'Town...didn't see Buzz running out to Dawson and giving him the same "love."  

What many can't comprehend are why Buzz continued to ride the worst starting QB (if you will) in the league for so long....without ever giving the backup a similar opportunity other than in the 1 game at GTown...in which he played well.  YOu simply cannot fully judge a player's ability in games giving him 2-3 minute segments of run....and if he makes one mistake, yank him.  That does not inspire confidence for the player, nor does it allow a player the feeling of playing loose and not always looking over his shoulder at every buzzer/substitution...
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2014, 11:32:19 AM »
We haven't even ended this season and you have already determined that next year will be bad and that it will have nothing to do with the players and only with some mythical belief that Buzz wants to win with his "way" only and if he doesn't that's fine he'll take losses?

Do you really believe this?  If so have you called for Buzz to be fired?  If not you should, and if you won't then you don't actually believe this.

The reasoning for me is that Derrick will be a senior next year and Buzz goes out of his way to sing his praises. Under no circumstance do I see him drastically reducing his minutes next year. Also next year we won't have the benefit of having a post presence like Davante. I think we will maintain the status quo at point guard until Derrick is gone and that's why I think we will be in for another disappointing year. It's been proven this year we aren't a good team with him running the point. Not all his fault obviously, but in my opinion plays a large role in the teams struggles. Do you envision Buzz dropping his minutes to 10 a game as a senior next year? I don't and that is where my opinion comes from. I dont want Buzz fired because he has proven to be a decent coach and a great recruiter. I will say his in game coaching has left a lot to be desired and really head scratching at times this year. I no longer think anything he touches turns to gold like I had previously...those expectations I built up for him were unsustainable and in retrospect unrealistic. These are my opinions and I could be totally off base.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2014, 11:50:49 AM »
The reasoning for me is that Derrick will be a senior next year and Buzz goes out of his way to sing his praises. Under no circumstance do I see him drastically reducing his minutes next year. Also next year we won't have the benefit of having a post presence like Davante. I think we will maintain the status quo at point guard until Derrick is gone and that's why I think we will be in for another disappointing year. It's been proven this year we aren't a good team with him running the point. Not all his fault obviously, but in my opinion plays a large role in the teams struggles. Do you envision Buzz dropping his minutes to 10 a game as a senior next year? I don't and that is where my opinion comes from. I dont want Buzz fired because he has proven to be a decent coach and a great recruiter. I will say his in game coaching has left a lot to be desired and really head scratching at times this year. I no longer think anything he touches turns to gold like I had previously...those expectations I built up for him were unsustainable and in retrospect unrealistic. These are my opinions and I could be totally off base.
This the same garbage that MUBuzz tried on me, 03.
He cannot get his head around the idea that Buzz hopes that Derrick will step up and be the game changer that Buzz misguidedly prays he will be/believes he is/wishes he will become. Nobody is accusing Buzz of deliberately trying to lose, but his blind loyalty to Derrick has cost us games. Many on this board cannot get their head around it--they come up with "Buzz believes that Derrick gives us the best chance to win"--in spite of the performance, record and losses piling up. And the excuse "We have nobody else".
Well, next year there will be plenty of options. The train has already left the station on Derrick. It is time to give the engineers seat to somebody else. We shall see what El Buzzo does. IMO he will continue to try to ride Derrick
What else would you expect from MU"Buzz" but to get somebody to subscribe to firing Buzz, so he can then jump on you for advocating that.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2014, 11:53:51 AM »
This the same garbage that MUBuzz tried on me, 03.
He cannot get his head around the idea that Buzz hopes that Derrick will step up and be the game changer that Buzz misguidedly prays he will be/believes he is/wishes he will become. Nobody is accusing Buzz of deliberately trying to lose, but his blind loyalty to Derrick has cost us games. Many on this board cannot get their head around it--they come up with "Buzz believes that Derrick gives us the best chance to win"--in spite of the performance, record and losses piling up. And the excuse "We have nobody else".
Well, next year there will be plenty of options. The train has already left the station on Derrick. It is time to give the engineers seat to somebody else. We shall see what El Buzzo does. IMO he will continue to try to ride Derrick
What else would you expect from MU"Buzz" but to get somebody to subscribe to firing Buzz, so he can then jump on you for advocating that.
Sorry--got my MU tag names mixed up. MU03Eng tried this out previously.

feedback