Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] What does the potential NCAA settlement mean for MU? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[May 22, 2024, 09:36:22 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 22, 2024, 07:26:16 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by rocky_warrior
[May 22, 2024, 06:25:06 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by BCHoopster
[May 22, 2024, 06:19:00 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by tower912
[May 22, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UWM is Dancing  (Read 16519 times)

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
Re: UWM is Dancing
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2014, 08:44:18 PM »
If you cannot be happy for UWM, I don't know what to say.  It's their 5th NCAA Tourney.  We own the 6th longest current NCAA in the country.  I work with some UWM fans / alums and I'm happy for them.  We are far and away the superior program but until Saturday at 11pm, they're danncing and we're not (yet).

Be happy for your neighbor.  Makes the block party that much more enjoyable.

I very much agree with you. I suppose my only issue with it is they love to trash us and revel in any non-success we have. If my neighbor loved throwing eggs at my house every day and laugh when I got hit by them it would be hard to be happy for them.  I would like to resolve this issue and be happy for UWM however. Please help?

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2014, 08:45:26 PM »
I'm thrilled for UWM.  

But it does sting a bit thinking of how bad MU is likely to be next year, too.

The sad thing is we don't have to be bad next season, but stubbornness will likely lead to the same type of season.

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 08:46:19 PM »
Check out Milwaukee logo in the bracket, they used the Milwaukee Admirals logo
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1988290-ncaa-brackets-2014-real-time-seed-and-region-projections-for-all-68-teams

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 08:49:50 PM »
We've won plenty lately. If you would rather trade our success and program for another than that's your prerogative. I would rather have a coach stick to what he believes in and not change everything he has ever done at the first moment of optimum result.

That's not what you said, though. You said that having kids that work hard is more important than winning games. I disagree with that. I don't want to be Huggy's Cincy teams, mind you. But, at the end of the day wins and losses measure a program.

And who was asking Buzz to "change everything he has ever done?" I just tire of the same lines whenever there's a hint of adversity/criticism. It's like he's appalled that people are questioning his decisions, or the player's performance. That's life. And the level of scrutiny at MU pales in comparison to other places.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2014, 08:51:42 PM »
I am thrilled for UWM, as a good percentage of my family are graduates.  I have already made 3 phone calls to congratulate them on their success.

All that being said, I am a bit mystified that Marquette spends 50 times as much on its basketball program, and UWM may have a better team.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2014, 08:51:57 PM »
If you cannot be happy for UWM, I don't know what to say.  It's their 5th NCAA Tourney.  We own the 6th longest current NCAA in the country.  I work with some UWM fans / alums and I'm happy for them.  We are far and away the superior program but until Saturday at 11pm, they're danncing and we're not (yet).

Be happy for your neighbor.  Makes the block party that much more enjoyable.

I agree, except for BBFran

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2014, 08:55:36 PM »
I am thrilled for UWM, as a good percentage of my family are graduates.  I have already made 3 phone calls to congratulate them on their success.

All that being said, I am a bit mystified that Marquette spends 50 times as much on its basketball program, and UWM may have a better team.

Don't overdo it. UWM got 5th in the Horizon league. Unless you think Marquette would have gone 7-9 in the Horizon.

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2014, 08:56:54 PM »
That's not what you said, though. You said that having kids that work hard is more important than winning games. I disagree with that. I don't want to be Huggy's Cincy teams, mind you. But, at the end of the day wins and losses measure a program.

And who was asking Buzz to "change everything he has ever done?" I just tire of the same lines whenever there's a hint of adversity/criticism. It's like he's appalled that people are questioning his decisions, or the player's performance. That's life. And the level of scrutiny at MU pales in comparison to other places.

I think in the end, with a full life perspective it is. Of course I want to win games, and we have been able to do that at very high success rate. Wins and losses measure a program and we've done very well. If we hadn't - it's still just a game.

Most on this board are ridiculing his words/style/etc. 90 % complain about his coaching decisions style. What was good enough for the last 5 years apparently isn't now. Very sad to see. You would expect more to see the forest through the trees.

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2014, 08:57:44 PM »
Don't overdo it. UWM got 5th in the Horizon league. Unless you think Marquette would have gone 7-9 in the Horizon.

There is almost no measure that makes their team better this year.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2014, 08:58:41 PM »

The operative word here is "may."  But, in all honesty I consider both teams roughly equal, and UWM is actually in the NCAA tournament.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2014, 09:07:55 PM »
There is almost no measure that makes their team better this year.

I would say that they have the best measure, they are going to the tournament and we are not.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2014, 09:12:42 PM »
And it appears UW-Milwaukee's coach made some adjustments over the course of the season. 

I would say that they have the best measure, they are going to the tournament and we are not.

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2014, 09:14:58 PM »

Based on them making a crapshoot run in a very weak field? It's just silly to me. I suppose if you really believe that fine. Does that mean Alabama St., Coastal Carolina, Wofford all have better teams than us too?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2014, 09:15:54 PM »

The margin isn't as big as you think. Keep in mind this is a MU team that beat Southern by 7 and New Hampshire by 5. UWM would give them a game as well.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2014, 09:20:31 PM »
What is a "Three Pointer?"
[/quote

Pre-puberlescent male deer.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2014, 09:22:50 PM »
Based on them making a crapshoot run in a very weak field? It's just silly to me. I suppose if you really believe that fine. Does that mean Alabama St., Coastal Carolina, Wofford all have better teams than us too?

I really don't care what they did, they made the tournament. Being a team in a conference like the Horizon you know you aren't getting in unless you win the tournament. Hats off to them, they did what they had to. I would consider their season to be more successful than ours and I'm sure they would give Marquette a heck of a game this year as we are not very good.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2014, 09:30:42 PM »
I very much agree with you. I suppose my only issue with it is they love to trash us and revel in any non-success we have. If my neighbor loved throwing eggs at my house every day and laugh when I got hit by them it would be hard to be happy for them.  I would like to resolve this issue and be happy for UWM however. Please help?

Ding ding ding

I don't block party with them....no love from me.  I'd rather see Loyola Maymount, USC, USD, Pepperdine, LBSU, UCIrvine, Fullerton, etc win for my block party.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2014, 09:33:06 PM »

Better team?  No.  Better at some positions....yes.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2014, 09:34:22 PM »

Better team?  No.  Better at some positions?  Yes

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2014, 09:34:43 PM »
Thrilled for them.  A great run this week capped off by an outstanding effort in a true road game tonight.

WarhawkWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2014, 09:51:31 PM »
Congrats UWM!

Woe the poor souls on this deteriating board.  The past has proven that the stronger all of our state schools are, the better it is for aall of our fanbases as well as the ability to keep talent home.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2014, 10:28:08 PM »
One day in the near future, this thread will be mentioned when discussing why MUScoop shut down.

BenCat12

• Team Captain
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2014, 10:31:11 PM »
Congrats UWM!

Woe the poor souls on this deteriating board.  The past has proven that the stronger all of our state schools are, the better it is for aall of our fanbases as well as the ability to keep talent home.
::) Here we go with this again.  How is it good for MU if the other state schools make it and we don't?  Enlighten us please.  How does those 2 (possibly 3) schools making the dance improve our chances of landing Diamond, Ellerson, or Schwartz?  

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2014, 10:33:55 PM »
Congrats UWM!

75 years of evidence to the contrary, but whatever

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2014, 10:35:08 PM »
I do love a good fish fry. And custard. Yes, custard.

And fresh Miller High Life.

Congrats to UWM. Bids are hard to get no matter how you get them.
We Are Marquette