Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU catches huge break. Stainbrook officially ruled out of game for Xavier  (Read 19747 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:29:51 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Feed. The. Ox.

Atticus

• All American
Oh well.

On another note, twitter blowing up suggesting Embiid has a stress fracture and might be done till at least S16 if KU makes it that far without him.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"

Death on call

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
I can't help but feel this will cheapen victory should we emerge from the smoke of battle victorious

Who cares?

Coleman

• All American
I can't help but feel this will cheapen victory should we emerge from the smoke of battle victorious

Oh, it would. But a cheap victory is better than no victory.

AirPunches

• All American
Huge blow for them. One of the only players in the big east that can take it right to our bigs.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

It will.  Sometimes better to be lucky than good.

Lennys Tap

• All American
It will.  Sometimes better to be lucky than good.

Guess I missed Stainbrook being named first team All American. But I'm happy for you - nothing you love better than a lose/lose scenario for MU.

I missed your posts discounting the games we lost this year with Mayo or Gardner hurt or Mayo suspended. LOL
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 10:57:11 PM by Lennys Tap »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Can't take this game as a given W.

Can't take this game as a given W.

Can't...
SS Marquette

BallBoy

• All American
Take it

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/xavier/2014/03/10/xavier-matt-stainbrook-ruled-out-marquette/6259557/

Might actually come back and bite us.  Stainbrook was a very good matchup for Davante.  This might up up the game for a more athletic forward. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Guess I missed Stainbrook being named first team All American. But I'm happy for you - nothing you love better than a lose/lose scenario for MU.

I missed your posts discounting the games we lost this year with Mayo or Gardner hurt or Mayo suspended. LOL

3 people here made the same comments, you go after one.  LOL

Matchups mean something, and Stainbrook is one guy that can hurt us due to his size. Sorry, Mayo getting suspended is his own problem and the team's...that's self selected stupidity, not a random injury.   I didn't realize Gardner missed any games this year due to injury that we also lost.   

wardle2wade

• All American
Feel bad for the guy, but this is great news.  I knew he had no shot at playing, but didnt expect to hear any official like this.  Let's hope Mu capitalizes, and Georgetown takes care of Creighton for us.  Creighton is really horrible matchup for this MU squad.

brandx

Guys here get carried away. Many had Jordan Bachynski as all-world and a 1st round draft pick after we lost to ASU.

brandx

Feel bad for the guy, but this is great news.  I knew he had no shot at playing, but didnt expect to hear any official like this.  Let's hope Mu capitalizes, and Georgetown takes care of Creighton for us.  Creighton is really horrible matchup for this MU squad.

Mainly because of our defense. We give them way over their average of 3-point attempts - the exact opposite of what we should be doing.

wardle2wade

• All American
Mainly because of our defense. We give them way over their average of 3-point attempts - the exact opposite of what we should be doing.

Yep, a team of shooters typically eats this team alive. 

WarriorFan

• All American
Two thoughts:
1.  Decoy?

2.  Reynolds had 5 rebounds and 2 points in the first game and 6 points with 7 rebounds in the 2nd.  He could be dangerous.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Two thoughts:
1.  Decoy?

Nope, more likley positioning/propaganda for the committee. They can take injuries into account, so if you're Xavier you are hoping that's the case should they lose Thursday.

Lennys Tap

• All American
3 people here made the same comments, you go after one.  LOL

1 person initiated the topic.

1 person wrote in the headline that Marquette got a "huge" break.

1 person posted multiple times to reinforce the idea of just how lucky Marquette was.

Guess who?

Your "I'm a victim", "It's not what is said, it's who said it" crap works on a few folks but most see through that BS. It's also how you say it and how often.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

1 person posted multiple times to reinforce the idea of just how lucky Marquette was.

Guess who?

Your "I'm a victim", "It's not what is said, it's who said it" crap works on a few folks but most see through that BS. It's also how you say it and how often.

You're right, it's not considered a huge break, even though the news media is characterizing it the same way.   :o   Let's see, what did I also immediately say...TAKE IT.  These things happen in sports.  Was I the first person to say anything about it potentially being diminished in any capacity?  Nope.  The second person?  Nope.  Your hard on is strong today.

About that injury to Gardner where he missed a game this year.........

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Guys here get carried away. Many had Jordan Bachynski as all-world and a 1st round draft pick after we lost to ASU.

He's definitely not an All American, but Lenny is lying if he would rather play Xavier with Stainbrook than without.  He's the only guy they have that can neutralize Gardner.  First game he was 6 of 7 from the field.  Led the team with 8 rebounds last game. 

Now, unless Buzz pulls a Creighton offensive coaching philosophy where we ignore Gardner, we caught a great break and should capitalize on it nicely.  It happens.  We've been on the other end many times..Diener hurt, McNeal hurt, DJ hurt.  Part of sports.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American

Guess who?

Lenny's right. If we win, we were lucky. If we lose, Buzz is a buffoon. Chicos...you have a long history of such things. Do you really think people don't see through you?

4everwarriors

• All American
Send 2 of that them shirts to F*cken and send BeeJay the bill.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American

Now, unless Buzz pulls a Creighton offensive coaching philosophy where we ignore Gardner, we caught a great break and should capitalize on it nicely. 

Did you really just use the Kareem Stainbrook injury to take a swipe at Buzz for the Creighton games? And also set up your narrative (easy win, Buzz screw up if we lose)?

I know you're modest and think you're just a garden variety dick but don't sell yourself short. You're special and deserve all the attention you get.

How are you doing with your TC defense fund on the Indiana boards?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Send 2 of that them shirts to F*cken and send BeeJay the bill.

2XL for me, 4XL with no sleeves for the beej.