Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU catches huge break. Stainbrook officially ruled out of game for Xavier  (Read 19749 times)

mu-rara

• All American
Lenny's right. If we win, we were lucky. If we lose, Buzz is a buffoon. Chicos...you have a long history of such things. Do you really think people don't see through you?

I have noticed a ramp up in Chicos swipes at Buzz.  While Buzz was winning, he had to keep it a little more low key.  Now he has reverted to full on April 2008 mode.

WarriorGreg1965

• Scholarship Player
Wonder what the line on the game will be now?

And it just seems realistic to say that the game is very winnable for MU now, and if they don't take advantage, it would be a huge disappointment.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"

Death on call

Lennys Tap

• All American
I have noticed a ramp up in Chicos swipes at Buzz.  While Buzz was winning, he had to keep it a little more low key.  Now he has reverted to full on April 2008 mode.

Schadenfreude. MU/Buzz Williams fans are suffering after a tough year. So are IU/TC fans (Chicos). Taking shots at Buzz/Marquette eases Chico's pain over the collapse of his beloved Hoosiers and his friend Tom.

muwarrior69

• All American
He's definitely not an All American, but Lenny is lying if he would rather play Xavier with Stainbrook than without.  He's the only guy they have that can neutralize Gardner.  First game he was 6 of 7 from the field.  Led the team with 8 rebounds last game. 

Now, unless Buzz pulls a Creighton offensive coaching philosophy where we ignore Gardner, we caught a great break and should capitalize on it nicely.  It happens.  We've been on the other end many times..Diener hurt, McNeal hurt, DJ hurt.  Part of sports.

Really feel bad for Stainbrook, the kid can play. You may be right, but this years team has problems just executing plays. Over the past years we won the close ones because we could execute or make the high percentage shot; not this year. I expect the rest of the Xavier team to be sky high to make up the for the loss. Still want us to win, but this team is hard to watch.

4everwarriors

• All American
Can we all just agree to refer to the male genitalia as penis? Johnson, Gregory, Dick, Schmuck, and Cock, are all so confusing, mundane, and ordinary.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Can we all just agree to refer to the male genitalia as penis? Johnson, Gregory, Dick, Schmuck, and Cock, are all so confusing, mundane, and ordinary.

What about the one-eyed albino rhino?

BTW, you're getting lame in your dotage.  First this no grain thing, now no other words for shlongs?  WTF bro?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Stainbrook made All Big East a few days ago.  I'm happier playing Xavier without him than with him, gives us a better chance to win.  Any time you take away a team's leading rebounder, 2nd in assists, 3rd leading scorer, 1st in blocked shots, and a guy that shoots 55% from the floor and 71% from the line, you catch a break.

Time to go get it and cash it in. 

Windyplayer

• All American
Stainbrook made All Big East a few days ago.  I'm happier playing Xavier without him than with him, gives us a better chance to win.  Any time you take away a team's leading rebounder, 2nd in assists, 3rd leading scorer, 1st in blocked shots, and a guy that shoots 55% from the floor and 71% from the line, you catch a break.

Yes. This cannot be debated. The rest of this thread is white noise.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American

brandx

Schadenfreude. MU/Buzz Williams fans are suffering after a tough year. So are IU/TC fans (Chicos). Taking shots at Buzz/Marquette eases Chico's pain over the collapse of his beloved Hoosiers and his friend Tom.

Someone's lookin' for a cat fight. Claws out, b*tches!!

Nukem2

• All American

That's all true.  But, without Stainbrook, Xavier will be a longer quicker team ala Villanova.  I think I would rather have Stainbrook play.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"

Death on call

NavinRJohnson

• All American
That's all true.  But, without Stainbrook, Xavier will be a longer quicker team ala Villanova.  I think I would rather have Stainbrook play.

This was sort of what I was thinking in another thread, when this came out yesterday. While you remove a big contributor, I'm not sure it doesn't hurt the matchup for MU.

Eh, at this point, who the hell cares? MU is either going to win or they're going to lose.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I think it is smart for XU not to play Stainbrook.  If they lose, the committee will have to factor it in.  Helps to explain the loss.  Shrewd move.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
How come UWGB does not game same consideration as they played the game with Keifer Sykes on one leg? 

bilsu

• All American
How come UWGB does not game same consideration as they played the game with Keifer Sykes on one leg? 
Only matters if he did not play. Buzz should not of played a sick Gardner against San Diego St. Of course at this point it does not matter, but if we had won the last two overtime games it might of.

4everwarriors

• All American
How 'bout them closed door preseason scrimmages?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
How 'bout them closed door preseason scrimmages?

Looked like a 2 seed against Virginia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Lenny's right. If we win, we were lucky. If we lose, Buzz is a buffoon. Chicos...you have a long history of such things. Do you really think people don't see through you?

LOL.  Yes, so when I called for Buzz to be Coach of the Year of the Big East....in two separate years on this board....I really meant that he should be named Luckiest Coach of the Year.

Sorry kids, some games we are lucky....just some games.  Nuanced for some of you....good to see MU-Ra has been monitoring a ramp up.  You really can't make this stuff up. 

No, MU isn't a lucky program, they are a damn good program with a damn good coach and have had damn good coaches for a long time.  That doesn't take away that some games we have been lucky, hell even Lenny was able to cough out the truth the other day.

"We're lucky to be here"...Buzz Williams (apparently ramping up against himself).   Classic

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Did you really just use the Kareem Stainbrook injury to take a swipe at Buzz for the Creighton games? And also set up your narrative (easy win, Buzz screw up if we lose)?

I know you're modest and think you're just a garden variety dick but don't sell yourself short. You're special and deserve all the attention you get.

How are you doing with your TC defense fund on the Indiana boards?

Oh Prankster, let's not go overboard.  

Did I take a swipe at Buzz for the Creighton games in this thread....no, but it sure seems at least 100 other people here have, you didn't seem to notice them, but the bat signal went off on this one that you think that's the case.  Do I think the execution of a game plan in either one of those games was horrid?  Yes, I do.  So do many others, but again you aren't keen on that.

True or not, MU should have an easier time against XU as they are missing an All Big East player, leading rebounder, 3rd leading scorer and their only true center?  True or not?  

True or not, if MU was missing DG, would you and others say the other team caught us short handed and got a break?  True or not?

Case rested and closed......oh, about that game that Gardner missed this year.......
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 11:29:32 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Double whammy for me this year.  As a MU and IU fan, it's been tough.  He's no friend of mine Prankster, in fact I didn't care for him and neither did my friends that worked for him.  Do I find some irony in this year, especially from the likes of you and others.....you betcha.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Three straight losses tends to ramp things up for a team picked to win the Big East and finishing 6th, but honestly, I think I have bent over backwards for Buzz this year, especially compared to others on this board....maybe they got "ramped up" first.  I don't think it was his finest year coaching at MU.  Many strange lineups, decisions, etc.  I still have hope we put a 3 gamer together here in a few days.  Talent is there potentially. 

If this was a rebuilding year, I think the frustration would be a lot less.  It wasn't a rebuilding year, we weren't suffering from youth (seniors and juniors starting with senior off the bench), just some poor all around play.  If we had lost a gazillion points from the team, rebounding etc, I could see it....but not the case.  The league got easier, we got poorer, but I have been more than fair to Buzz all year long, despite what your fascinations say.

Coleman

• All American
I'm actually with Chicos here. He wasn't saying anything different than I was thinking.

MUfan12

• All American
I still have hope we put a 3 gamer together here in a few days.  Talent is there potentially. 

Still the biggest myth perpetuated on this board.

This team is not nearly as talented as people think. It's Davante and a bunch of role players.