[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2014 MLB Thread & Pissing Match  (Read 243931 times)

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
Re: 2014 MLB Thread & Pissing Match
« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2014, 01:31:14 PM »
Got a bad feeling that the Brewers great start has run its course.

Milwaukee started off 10-2, and has gone 12-11 since.  Still good, and all the games count the same.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2014, 05:41:28 PM »
Got a bad feeling that the Brewers great start has run its course.

Injuries will do that.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2014, 07:36:20 PM »
Injuries will do that.

Still waiting for that Garza injury, myself.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #228 on: May 10, 2014, 09:17:50 PM »
Injuries will do that.

Don't know how bad the Brewers injuries are but the White Sox are without their best starting pitcher as well as another on of their starter their best reliever and their starting CF, RF and 3B yet are somehow still .500. Really proud of what the Sox have done so far this year. Future looks bright.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #229 on: May 10, 2014, 09:47:21 PM »
Injuries will do that.

Poor Brewers!  Not injuries!  But on the plus side Braun has another excuse if he's busted for roids again. 

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #230 on: May 12, 2014, 08:24:48 AM »
Poor Brewers!  Not injuries! 

Right, because that's what he was saying, that the Brewers are the only team with injuries. Great post.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #231 on: May 12, 2014, 09:52:49 AM »
Well, the Brew Crew took 2 out of 3 from the Yankees, without Braun, and drew over 130,000 for the weekend series.  Not a bad weekend, I say!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #232 on: May 12, 2014, 10:28:00 AM »
Well, the Brew Crew took 2 out of 3 from the Yankees, without Braun, and drew over 130,000 for the weekend series.  Not a bad weekend, I say!

I almost threw something something at my TV when the Yanks pitcher threw the wild pitch in the 9th afte Texeira game saving homerun.  The Brewers are defintely legit after watching them this weekend.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #233 on: May 20, 2014, 12:55:24 PM »
So who here thought that Khris Davis would be a good answer in LF and an Overbay/Reynolds platoon would work out for a season?

I don't know if I have seen a team with such dismal production from positions that are usually so important offensively.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #234 on: May 20, 2014, 01:04:12 PM »
Are the Brewers done managing their roster like it's a little league team yet? I'm 25 years old and have seen 2 Playoff appearances in my life. Contending years are precious. You don't worry about the potential of a player who won't be ready for at least 4 years and frankly isn't good at all while having to completely waste a roster spot, especially when you have 2 players on the roster who can only play second base already.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #235 on: May 20, 2014, 01:14:40 PM »
Are the Brewers done managing their roster like it's a little league team yet? I'm 25 years old and have seen 2 Playoff appearances in my life. Contending years are precious. You don't worry about the potential of a player who won't be ready for at least 4 years and frankly isn't good at all while having to completely waste a roster spot, especially when you have 2 players on the roster who can only play second base already.

I have been around since the beginning of the Brewers franchise and have only seen four appearances.  (And I'm including the 1981 Division Series when they lost a best of three to the Yankees due to the strike.)

And Weeks refused to move positions you know.  I think he should be out in left field.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #236 on: May 20, 2014, 02:04:42 PM »

I have been around since the beginning of the Brewers franchise and have only seen four appearances.  (And I'm including the 1981 Division Series when they lost a best of three to the Yankees due to the strike.)

And Weeks refused to move positions you know.  I think he should be out in left field.

Agreed on Weeks big time. Trade him now before he gets injured and then comes back batting .100.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2014, 12:33:48 PM »
Is it just me or are there more injuries than usual this year. White Sox have already sent 10 players to the DL and all I keep seeing is pitchers having Tommy John surgery right and left.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2014, 12:45:46 PM »
Is it just me or are there more injuries than usual this year. White Sox have already sent 10 players to the DL and all I keep seeing is pitchers having Tommy John surgery right and left.

DL appearances & Tommy John surgery sounds like a daily occurance this season.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #239 on: May 21, 2014, 12:47:08 PM »

That's mostly what happens when you stem the tide of PEDs in baseball.  It used to be that the majority of PED users were doing so to bulk up; few were using just to stay healthy or recover from injury faster... now it seems like the opposite.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #240 on: May 21, 2014, 12:50:56 PM »
That's mostly what happens when you stem the tide of PEDs in baseball.  It used to be that the majority of PED users were doing so to bulk up; few were using just to stay healthy or recover from injury faster... now it seems like the opposite.

Logical

chapman

• All American
« Reply #241 on: May 21, 2014, 07:34:46 PM »
Fiers or Nelson for Gallardo's next start?  Fiers' numbers are gaudy, though two of his last three starts have been bad.  Nelson hasn't had the incredible S/BB and deep inning games that Fiers has had, but he's had a quality start every time out.

I guess we haven't heard too much of Hank lately because of all the other stray dogs floating around: Bianchi, Overbay, Wang, Herrera. 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #242 on: May 22, 2014, 07:08:34 AM »
What's the deal with all the seagulls at yesterday's Yankees vs. Cubs game?  Is that a regular occurrence at Wrigley?

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #243 on: May 22, 2014, 07:51:38 AM »
What's the deal with all the seagulls at yesterday's Yankees vs. Cubs game?  Is that a regular occurrence at Wrigley?

Samardzija was pitching.  Dude gets s--t on enough by his offense (see a month of May that features an 0.67 ERA and zero wins), so the birds must have wanted in on that action.

It was 80 degrees yesterday.  It was the first truly hot day following a brutal winter and nonexistent spring.  Gulls make their appearances at Wrigley, but yesterday was a case of circumstance -- heck, I was 15 miles from the lakeshore yesterday and couldn't help but think, "Where did all these damn gulls come from?!"

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2014, 08:47:15 AM »
Samardzija was pitching.  Dude gets s--t on enough by his offense (see a month of May that features an 0.67 ERA and zero wins), so the birds must have wanted in on that action.

It was 80 degrees yesterday.  It was the first truly hot day following a brutal winter and nonexistent spring.  Gulls make their appearances at Wrigley, but yesterday was a case of circumstance -- heck, I was 15 miles from the lakeshore yesterday and couldn't help but think, "Where did all these damn gulls come from?!"

That's some good Scoopin' there.  Beautiful.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2014, 09:30:33 AM »

They've been showing up for years.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #246 on: May 23, 2014, 06:03:55 AM »

W-L is certainly up there for the worst stat in all of sports.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #247 on: May 23, 2014, 08:21:46 AM »
Everyone keep your wits about you, Ron Roenicke may call you into the game without warning.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #248 on: May 23, 2014, 08:46:32 AM »

Correct (IMHO). This is why my position on PEDs has been one of complete apathy. It just doesn't bother me. I'm for more concerned with what happens on the field, than i am with what they choose to do to themselves.

brandx

« Reply #249 on: May 23, 2014, 11:13:25 AM »
Correct (IMHO). This is why my position on PEDs has been one of complete apathy. It just doesn't bother me. I'm for more concerned with what happens on the field, than i am with what they choose to do to themselves.

+1

It never made sense to me why taking PEDs was enhancing one's performance, but moving a tendon from one part of the body to another was not.

Well, really, I do understand. It's all about the children. The precious children. We don't want to set bad examples for the poor little tykes.