[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2014-15 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 586395 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: 2014-15 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #900 on: September 28, 2014, 05:12:46 PM »
Cutler was far from terrible today.  The first INT was his fault.  The second?  I guess we will have to see because that was obviously a misread. 

Rodgers was incredible today.  Six incompletions.  At least two dropped balls.  The Packers only faced 8 third downs all day.

The problem is that he threw the interception while they were driving and threatening to tie the game.  The way Rodgers and the Packers offense were playing you can't afford that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #901 on: September 28, 2014, 05:30:23 PM »
Williams jumped the route on the first pick. Looked like Bears were trying to run either a rub or pick play on the slant. Morgan didn't really do much to sell it, ton of credit to Williams holding his ground. Cutler probably should have read it off there.

Second pick...who the heck knows who was wrong between Marshall and Cutler.

Cutler was really good in the first half. Since Cutler is Cutler, most Pack fans will say "thanks Jay" and most meatball Bears fans will pin this game on Cutler. Fact is the offense put up nearly 500 yards.

Lack of a pass rush, not being able to get off the field on third down...that 's what cost the Bears today.

brandx

« Reply #902 on: September 28, 2014, 05:30:39 PM »
The problem is that he threw the interception while they were driving and threatening to tie the game.  The way Rodgers and the Packers offense were playing you can't afford that.

GB has Rodgers - Chicago has Cutler. Game over.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #903 on: September 28, 2014, 05:33:14 PM »
No punts from either team?  Only happened once before in the history of the NFL.
Ludum habemus.

brandx

« Reply #904 on: September 28, 2014, 05:33:56 PM »
Williams jumped the route on the first pick. Looked like Bears were trying to run either a rub or pick play on the slant. Morgan didn't really do much to sell it, ton of credit to Williams holding his ground. Cutler probably should have read it off there.

Second pick...who the heck knows who was wrong between Marshall and Cutler.

Cutler was really good in the first half. Since Cutler is Cutler, most Pack fans will say "thanks Jay" and most meatball Bears fans will pin this game on Cutler. Fact is the offense put up nearly 500 yards.

Lack of a pass rush, not being able to get off the field on third down...that 's what cost the Bears today.

It's never Jay's fault. ;D  ;D  ;D

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #905 on: September 28, 2014, 05:42:09 PM »
It's never Jay's fault. ;D  ;D  ;D

I'm far from a Cutler apologist, but it's tough to blame it all on him when your offense puts up ridiculous numbers.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #906 on: September 28, 2014, 05:42:49 PM »
No punts from either team?  Only happened once before in the history of the NFL.

Wow, that's impressive.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #907 on: September 28, 2014, 05:45:52 PM »
I'm far from a Cutler apologist, but it's tough to blame it all on him when your offense puts up ridiculous numbers.

Maybe true.  But I guess I've heard all offseason long about how the Bears offensive weapons at every position other than quarterback are so much better than the Packers.  So when the Packers come in and win a game at Solider Field by 21 points then I guess I just figure the difference in quarterbacks is just that big (not saying anybody ever said Cutler is close to Rodgers, just saying if the Bears have the better offense if you give them the same quarterback then Rodgers must be on a different planet than Cutler, and then some "blame" has to fall on Cutler).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 05:47:27 PM by Ellenson's World »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #908 on: September 28, 2014, 05:49:59 PM »
Maybe true.  But I guess I've heard all offseason long about how the Bears offensive weapons at every position other than quarterback are so much better than the Packers.  So when the Packers come in and win a game at Solider Field by 21 points then I guess I just figure the difference in quarterbacks is just that big (not saying anybody ever said Cutler is close to Rodgers, just saying if the Bears have the better offense if you give them the same quarterback then Rodgers must be on a different planet than Cutler, and then some "blame" has to fall on Cutler).

You keep singing this tune...what imaginary TV/radio/internet are you using?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #909 on: September 28, 2014, 05:51:36 PM »
You keep singing this tune...what imaginary TV/radio/internet are you using?

Not sure what this means.  I was imagining that I have been hearing the Bears offensive weapons are better than the Packers?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #910 on: September 28, 2014, 05:51:45 PM »
Of course Rodgers is on a different planet then Cutler is.  When you give him time like that, he is nearly impossible to beat.

But that doesn't mean Cutler is a bad quarterback.  The Bears offense was very impressive for most of the game.  I mean they never punted.  They had a drive ended by the goofy play at the half.  Two by INTs.  And one late in the game on downs.

The Packers still have issues.  That defense was terrible for most of the game.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #911 on: September 28, 2014, 05:55:31 PM »
Not sure what this means.  I was imagining that I have been hearing the Bears offensive weapons are better than the Packers?

Yes. Who did you hear this from "all offseason"? Names please.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #912 on: September 28, 2014, 06:00:22 PM »
For all the Cutler lovers/defenders out there, he better produce some results this season.  If he can't win with the talent around him this year, he will never win anything significant.  All the Bears lovers say Marshall is better than Jordy and that Marshall and Jeffreys is better than Jordy and Cobb.  Bennett is clearly more proven than any tight end on the Packers roster, and Forte is said to be a top 4 running back in the league.  So if I'm hearing all of this correctly, then the Bears have the better wide receiving group with Holmes in the fold now, the better first tight end, and the better running back.  Given all of that, you would think it would be NFC North Title or bust, plus a legitimate chance to win the Super Bowl this year, correct?

Yup, that all sounds about right Wade. Thanks for agreeing. Add a much improved defense and you attempt at snide commentary is spot on.

I would agree that they have more talent around Cutler on offense than Rodgers has around him, but there are still MAJOR questions on defense.  This isn't college where you can outshoot teams like Baylor or Texas Tech and win games 55-48.

Cutler should put up numbers with perhaps the best WR tandem in football. Forte is as good catching passes out of the backfield as anyone, although I think Bennett is at best a very slightly above avg TE. I'm not sure why a street FA just signed to camp, who has at best a 40% chance of making the final roster, is brought up in this argument. If Homles is healthy and his head is in the right place, that's fine, but counting on anything from him long term is absurd.

Bears expectations are to fight for a playoff spot (as they should be). No one should be talking Super Bowl. They're repairing a historically all time bad defense, their special teams right now are awful. As for Cutler, he needs to produce. It's year 2 under Trestman (which should benefit him), he's in great shape, and has weapons to do damage. If he does produce, the Bears should contend. If he doesn't, then the Bears have zero shot. It's fairly simple.

(I think you were wrong about Bennet here.  He is a beast.  Certainly better than anyone the Packers can throw out there at TE.)

Bears fans are the only ones talking about the talent at the skill positions.  There are articles out there from analysts saying the bears feature the best WR duo in the league. So let's not paint it as coming just from a bunch if biased meatballs.

Oh I know.

The post made no sense from the get go. If wades doesn't feel that Marshall, Jeffrey, Forte are any good as a skill position group, I don't know how to educate against it.

Do I need to keep going or...?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #913 on: September 28, 2014, 06:04:41 PM »
Either your poor at comprehension or not good at reading, but you just argued my point for me, which is odd.

brandx

« Reply #914 on: September 28, 2014, 06:22:06 PM »
Of course Rodgers is on a different planet then Cutler is.  When you give him time like that, he is nearly impossible to beat.

But that doesn't mean Cutler is a bad quarterback.  The Bears offense was very impressive for most of the game.  I mean they never punted.  They had a drive ended by the goofy play at the half.  Two by INTs.  And one late in the game on downs.

The Packers still have issues.  That defense was terrible for most of the game.

As a Cutler hater, I don't argue that he is bad. My argument, of which there is a mountain of evidence is that he is not a winner. Never has been. Don't expect he ever will be.

As a Packer fan, I am overjoyed that Jay is a Bear.

Jay looks great every game. Jay also looks terrible in almost every game. Same old song and dance from Jay today we have seen over and over. I think it is now 20 interceptions against GB just since he has been a Bear.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #915 on: September 28, 2014, 06:26:57 PM »

Who needs a punter when you can just have Cutler throw the ball to the other team.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #916 on: September 28, 2014, 06:29:42 PM »
No pass rush was far and away the biggest issue for today's game. Gave Rodgers all day and he took advantage of it. Well see. Glad we get Carolina and Miami in 2 of the next 3 games. Hopefully the bears can go 4-3 before the bye. Not having Jared Allen made a much bigger difference than anyone could have anyicipated. May not have any sacks this year but he pushes the line.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #917 on: September 28, 2014, 06:32:10 PM »
Either your poor at comprehension or not good at reading, but you just argued my point for me, which is odd.

You are completely contradicting yourself then. If the Bears have the better offensive weapons outside of QB, and the Packers come into Soldier Field and win by 21, then the gap in quarterback play is ginormous. If that is the case, how can you say it's hard to blame Jay? You're saying the only weaker part of the Bears offense is quarterback (so, Jay) but you're saying a lot of blame does not fall on Jay. So the other skill position players for the Packers are better than the Bears then?

What you've essentially said is that the Packers (and Bears) defense stinks and will prevent them from doing anything. So one would think both teams would have no problem scoring, and if the Bears have the better skill position players then what make the 21 point gap if we can't put a lot of blame on Jay?

Does putting blame on Jay mean he played a bad game? Not necessarily. But what's the difference between the 2 teams? I think you'd be happy to agree it's the quarterbacks, since you think the Bears skill positions are better and both defenses stink. So the blame (or difference in the 21 point rout) would fall on the QBs.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #918 on: September 28, 2014, 06:33:15 PM »
No pass rush was far and away the biggest issue for today's game. Gave Rodgers all day and he took advantage of it. Well see. Glad we get Carolina and Miami in 2 of the next 3 games. Hopefully the bears can go 4-3 before the bye. Not having Jared Allen made a much bigger difference than anyone could have anyicipated. May not have any sacks this year but he pushes the line.

From the pieces I've watched of the Bears he is just as nonexistent as anybody else on the Bears D-Line. Much like Peppers on the Packers.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #919 on: September 28, 2014, 06:34:31 PM »
As a Cutler hater, I don't argue that he is bad. My argument, of which there is a mountain of evidence is that he is not a winner. Never has been. Don't expect he ever will be.

I really don't know what being "a winner" means outside of performance. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #920 on: September 28, 2014, 06:38:15 PM »
Teddy Bridgewater, after having a real good debut, was carted off with an ankle injury on a two point conversion.  Christian Ponder is the back up and perhaps might have to start on Thursday.

How very Vikings.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #921 on: September 28, 2014, 06:50:51 PM »
Wades...my head hurts man.

You said repeatedly " I've heard all offseason long about how the Bears offensive weapons at every position other than quarterback are so much better than the Packers"

Mind you, this was an argument you started. I'm still waiting to hear names of people you heard this from, because you referenced AFTER the fact people arguing against YOUR argument. Also mind you, you referenced those arguments from mid August on, which isn't even the offseason.

Between Marshall, Jeffrey, Nelson, Cobb, there is one first team All Pro season, belonging to Marshall in 2012.

This just in...Marshall/Jeffrey and Nelson/Cobb...all good players! If you want to argue Welker/Thomas were better than Jeffrey/Marshall last season, fine, but statistically they were arguably the best in football last season. If you think Jeffrey and Marshall suck or aren't any good, then whatever.

You act football stupid, when a lot of time you make sound arguments and points,I know you're not football stupid. Rodgers is THE BEST QB in the game. I've said all along the Pack have better talent on their o-line and it showed today. The best QB in football, the most accurate QB in football too...with time to throw, and great receivers...trouble, big trouble for a team with a porous pass defense.

I never ever knocked the Pack skill position players. Cobb/Nelson are in the conversation for the best tandem in football.

Enjoy having the best QB in football. Packers have been blessed to have an unprecedented run in the league of amazing QB play. Pack is going to contend every year until Rodgers retires. That's essentially going to be 20 plus years of having a chance, which is an astounding testament to the Packers.

brandx

« Reply #922 on: September 28, 2014, 07:07:11 PM »

GB also had no pass rush. Don't. Need one with Jay.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #923 on: September 28, 2014, 07:44:49 PM »

Here's the problem though...you do eventually need one.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #924 on: September 28, 2014, 07:50:11 PM »

Good original point!

The defense literally did not force a single punt.  But this loss is all on Cutler?  Give me an f-ing break.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 07:54:08 PM by JEllensonWags85 »

feedback