Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If we don't win by +12 points tonight...  (Read 2738 times)

Wade for President

• All American
If we don't win by +12 points tonight...
« on: February 04, 2014, 06:45:25 PM »
...we have NO business thinking about the tourney.  None.

I was at Hinkle a few weeks back, and saw us give away a game to frankly, a team that is severely lacking in talent.  With Butler's best player (Roosevelt Jones) sidelined this year, they really don't have many threats outside K. Marshall.

We should frickin STOMP this team tonight.  We're looooong overdue for an emphatic win, and if we don't get it with some home cooking, then we can all give up on post season dreams.

mileskishnish72

• All American
Re: If we don't win by +12 points tonight...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 06:51:33 PM »
From what we've seen from this group so far, I think you can pretty much free up your calendar for late March (hoping that my usual pessimism is way off).

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 06:53:19 PM »
So if we win by 11, NIT?

CoachRaymondsClass

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 07:09:37 PM »
A victory is a victory... whether by 1 or 12. Please report back if you won a lot of money betting the line
only. I don't write a post here often, but the attitude and expectations of some is really disappointing.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 07:17:07 PM »
A win tonight is essential. It does not matter by how much. It does matter that we must almost run the table from here on out to get a ticket for March. There is no margin for error but if they do it, the Seniors will never, never forget this season nor will the fans. It is in their hands. We will see if they are up to the task. If they pull this run off, this "Game called basketball" will have taught them more about life than any classroom.  Marquette is trying to build character, this is the time to see if they have. That is alot more exciting than the margin of a win.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 07:20:29 PM »
A victory is a victory... whether by 1 or 12. Please report back if you won a lot of money betting the line
only. I don't write a post here often, but the attitude and expectations of some is really disappointing.

Listen, you aren't going to have one person argue against a one point W tonight (disappointed, yes, but a W is a W).

But the fact of the matter, is that our team is infinitely more talented than Butler.  I may be the eternal optimist, but expecting to win by a reasonable margin tonight should be the attitude we have.

For us to get on any sort of run that's going to propel us to a birth in the postseason, a game where we put it all together for a big win, is tonight.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 07:23:41 PM by Wade for President »

CoachRaymondsClass

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 07:28:06 PM »
Listen, you aren't going to have one person argue against a one point W tonight (disappointed, yes, but a W is a W).

But the fact of the matter, is that our team is infinitely more talented than Butler.  I may be the eternal optimist, but expecting to win by a reasonable margin tonight should be the attitude we have.

For us to get on any sort of run that's going to propel us to a birth in the postseason, a game where we put it all together for a big win, is tonight.

MU's Coach has often said that our team "has a very thin margin of error." Hard to believe that MU is "infinitely more talented than Butler." Butler has played many OT games and has 2 wins in BE. OVERSTATEMENT... clap, clap, OVERSTATEMENT... clap, clap.

BenCat12

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 07:31:55 PM »
MU's Coach has often said that our team "has a very thin margin of error." Hard to believe that MU is "infinitely more talented than Butler." Butler has played many OT games and has 2 wins in BE. OVERSTATEMENT... clap, clap, OVERSTATEMENT... clap, clap.
I'm sure that has nothing to do with tempering expectations.....  ::)  we have far more talent than butler, without Jones.  That said, a win is a win.  I'd be thrilled with a one point win.  Just want to see them perform well and the wins will come.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 07:50:12 PM »

from what ive seen of this club, I dont expect to win any game by more than 10. Why is that disappointing? Seems realistic to me

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 10:11:32 PM »
Guess we're going to the NIT....but not if Todd plays like that every night!
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 11:24:32 PM »
Not very attractive for much of the game, but at this point I don't think anyone cares.  Can we string 2 wins in a row?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 11:36:00 PM »
Not very attractive for much of the game, but at this point I don't think anyone cares.  Can we string 2 wins in a row?

Downright ugly for 27 or 28 minutes, great (with the exception of some missed free throws) 12-13 minutes. Always looks better when the ball is going through the basket and the other team is throwing it away, but we got a lot of easy shots and played very good D and that's good on us.

mugrack

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 12:12:02 AM »
Burton, never met a shot he didn't like

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 06:43:22 AM »
Burton, never met a shot he didn't like

and I love it

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 08:32:11 AM »
...we have NO business thinking about the tourney.  None.

I was at Hinkle a few weeks back, and saw us give away a game to frankly, a team that is severely lacking in talent.  With Butler's best player (Roosevelt Jones) sidelined this year, they really don't have many threats outside K. Marshall.

We should frickin STOMP this team tonight.  We're looooong overdue for an emphatic win, and if we don't get it with some home cooking, then we can all give up on post season dreams.

Wade for President, meet Kellen Dunham.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.