[Today at 11:50:43 AM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Jockey
[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[June 15, 2024, 07:12:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ahmed Hill  (Read 18211 times)

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
Ahmed Hill
« on: February 01, 2014, 09:11:42 PM »
Curious if a guy like Hill is still getting called by Mizzou and others cause MU Is not doing do hot.  Wondering how pervasive this type of situation is when a high profile guy signs with a team during a down year

🏀

• All American
Re: Ahmed Hill
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 09:38:10 PM »
He's in full support of the team.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 09:40:41 PM »
Nah.  A verbal needs no excuse, but "team sucked this year" isn't a valid excuse to get out of an LOI.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 09:45:26 PM »
Curious if a guy like Hill is still getting called by Mizzou and others cause MU Is not doing do hot.  Wondering how pervasive this type of situation is when a high profile guy signs with a team during a down year

Sure, and Hill is going to call and say "you lost against St. John's today and I'm embarrassed and I want out of my LOI."

And of course Buzz won't remind him that we play four seniors a ton of minutes he'll never play with.  And Buzz won't remind him the current freshmen and sophomore (Taylor) will play many more minutes next year.  Further Buzz won't remind him that Hill will play with Luke Fisher, Duane Wilson and Satchel Pierce, none of which have logged a second this year.

No Buzz is going to release all recruits from their legal commitments, and will tell every current member of the team they can transfer and they will be let out of their commitment without question.  

So, legal commitments and years of evaluating and consideration means nothing.  Recruits will change their mind based on some Saturday morning loss.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 09:50:22 PM »
If the recruit perceives that the team sucked he might view that as a positive because he anticipates playing time immediately.  We live in an instant gratification, over-caffI have a toothacheted, ADHD, helicopter parents... handlers... posse  world.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 09:53:53 PM »
If the recruit perceives that the team sucked he might view that as a positive because he anticipates playing time immediately.  We live in an instant gratification, over-caffI have a toothacheted, ADHD, helicopter parents... handlers... posse  world.

Again more than half the team he will play with his sophomore year is not on this team.  Same applies if we were#1.

So what difference does it make ... Only Buzz is the constant between this team and his team.

Buzz is why he committed, not Jake, Jamil, Devante and Chris.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 10:00:43 PM »
Why worry about this?  He signed his LOI.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 10:01:16 PM »

Nah, c'mon man. No more so than gettin' wood when committed to a front runnin' program. There's a lot goin' on in signin' a LOI than the current W/L record.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 11:12:18 AM »
I would think this year's team gives Hill more optimism that he will see significant playing time as a freshmen.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 11:23:00 AM »
I would think this year's team gives Hill more optimism that he will see significant playing time as a freshmen.

+1

Right after he committed there was a quote from Hill that said something along the lines off "Buzz told me they are going to build the program around me." This is a kid who wants to play right away. Seeing us struggle, I'm sure he's excited to be our top recruit in next year's class.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 11:28:10 AM »
Hill will probably get Major min from Day one.

This years team is on the verge of unwatchable so he should look forward to helping clean
Up this pile of crap next year.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 12:40:36 PM »

Have you seen Mizzou? They suck ass as well.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 01:14:08 PM »

You realize that this is KenoshaWarrior you're talking to, right?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 01:33:44 PM »

This years team is on the verge of unwatchable so he should look forward to helping clean
Up this pile of crap next year.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2014, 01:34:24 PM »

Sigh ...

Last year we all thought Duane, Burton and JJJ would get major minutes, are they?

The year before that we thought the same with Taylor.  Did he?

Before that we expected Vander to start as a Freshman and lead the team.  Did he?

Jamil Jones was going to be a scoring machine from outside.  Was he?

Before that Erik Williams had an "NBA body" and we wonder if he would leave early for the draft.

Need I go on.

Question, I'll assume that Hill can score like all highly rated recruits.  Can he defend?  Or will he spend his freshman year mostly out of position on defense?  If he does, he's not seeing the floor.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2014, 01:39:53 PM »
Sigh ...

Last year we all thought Duane, Burton and JJJ would get major minutes, are they?

Before that we expected Vander to start as a Freshman and lead the team.  Did he?

Before that Erik Williams had an "NBA body" and we wonder if he would leave early for the draft.

Need I go on.

Question, I'll assume that Hill can score like all highly rated recruits.  Can he defend?  Or will he spend his freshman year mostly out of position on defense?  If he does, he's not seeing the floor.
I do not recall a freshman getting significant minutes except Blue. Answer: Buzz don't do freshman.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 01:46:41 PM »
I do not recall a freshman getting significant minutes except Blue. Answer: Buzz don't do freshman IF THEY CANT PLAY DEFENSE

FIFY.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 01:47:45 PM »
Sigh ...

Need I go on.

Dude. Seriously, you are in absolutely zero position to call out someones post. But since you just seem to be naturally slow...

Tell me which of those years had as many openings as next year will.

Underclassmen will have to play major minutes next year. That is fact. Go to bed.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 01:48:12 PM »
I do not recall a freshman getting significant minutes except Blue. Answer: Buzz don't do freshman.

To be fair .. Reggie Smith was a starter and Jmay was getting significant minutes.  Then they transferred midseason.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 01:48:51 PM »

Mayo got more minutes as a freshman than Blue did.

Buzz will play them if they can contribute.  

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 01:50:55 PM »
h
Hope so, but over who?
Buzz has already locked in this starting line-up for next year:
PG Derrick 35 minutes a game because he is elite
2G Mayo and JJJ for about 35 minutes
SF Anderson
PF Burton/Taylor
C Taylor, then Pierce, then Fischer
And minutes will still have to be found for Du. Wilson, Dawson and some of the other guys. The softest spot in this line up is Anderson. Buzz might have to go to 3 Guards to keep some of these guys happy.

JJJ could definitely play in Juan's spot.  It's the same position that Trent played last year and Vander the year before.

brandx

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 02:06:40 PM »

JJJ could definitely play in Juan's spot.  It's the same position that Trent played last year and Vander the year before.

I agree - Buzz is very comfortable using a 6'4" - 6'5" guy in that spot.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2014, 02:11:08 PM »
you guys know that team that southern beat 116-12 or some crap?

could Juan even start on the team that scored 12? If he plays major minutes for us again next year....we are FU CK ED.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2014, 02:14:13 PM »
To be fair .. Reggie Smith was a starter and Jmay was getting significant minutes.  Then they transferred midseason.
Forgot about Maymon but he did not last long. And Reggie Smith played about 3 minutes each and then sat. Not significant, and that experiment blew up on Buzz

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2014, 02:35:20 PM »

I don't think there is anything to worry about in this case, but speaking in general - LOI's are often worth very little if a kid really wants out.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.