[Today at 08:44:46 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by 4everwarriors
[Today at 08:25:23 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[Today at 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ellenson vs Stone  (Read 17597 times)

The Equalizer

• All American
Re: Ellenson vs Stone
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2013, 01:16:53 PM »
Comparing guys recruited as total projects (Mbao and Roseboro) or even a guy like Maymon with Diamond Stone (at worst top 10 in his class) is silly.

Not as silly as digging back in a players history to find an unfavorable ranking and completely ignoring more recent (and more favorable) rankings. 

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2013, 12:15:19 AM »
Ellenson is more advanced than Stone. More basketball skills.

I don't think that that was the conclusion when they both tried out for USA basketball.  Didn't Stone make the team and start while Ellenson missed the cutoff?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2013, 01:39:32 AM »
Quinn Buckner  in college still pretty good

Quite an understatement, brand. He was the leader of the last Div I team to go undefeated. And he played for The General.

Death on call

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2013, 06:11:51 AM »
Ellenson is more advanced than Stone. More basketball skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8OwSQ-sNCI

I'd take either player in a New York minute.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2013, 07:30:25 AM »
From The Quon right now. Very impressed with Henry. Twice took the rock coast to coast and scored. Tough, quick kid. Would love to see him in a Warrior uni.
Stone, not as basketball savvy. Slower to move up and down the court. IMHO, still raw, but with great potential. Ellenson is more ready right now.

Are you saying ...

Ellenson =Steve Novak

Stone = Lloyd Moore

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2013, 08:17:58 AM »
Sayin' Henry is more like Maurice. And, Diamond is a better and bigger Robert with potential to be more Jimmy like.
Both would fit in nicely as a 4 and 5.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2013, 08:40:21 AM »
Not as silly as digging back in a players history to find an unfavorable ranking and completely ignoring more recent (and more favorable) rankings. 

Digging back in a player's history? LOL. Where JFB, Crowder, Buycks, DJO, Vander, Jamil, Junior, Wesley, etc., etc., etc. went to high school and where they were ranked out of high school has been discussed on multiple occasions by multiple posters on Scoop. As for Jimmy and Jae, Buzz has brought it up on multiple occasions too. Be outraged on their behalf while they nod their heads in agreement and laugh about how far they've come.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2013, 08:48:49 AM »
Quite an understatement, brand. He was the leader of the last Div I team to go undefeated. And he played for The General.

And I believe that Knight called him his favorite player.  And he wasn't a slouch in the NBA.  10 year career and solid defender. 

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2013, 08:49:35 AM »
Digging back in a player's history? LOL. Where JFB, Crowder, Buycks, DJO, Vander, Jamil, Junior, Wesley, etc., etc., etc. went to high school and where they were ranked out of high school has been discussed on multiple occasions by multiple posters on Scoop. As for Jimmy and Jae, Buzz has brought it up on multiple occasions too. Be outraged on their behalf while they nod their heads in agreement and laugh about how far they've come.

Find me just one post where someone mentioned Wes Matthews' sophomore year HS ranking and ignored his senior year ranking and I'll concede the point.  

Until then, its silly to ignore more recent results in favor of older, invalid data.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2013, 10:42:20 AM »
Find me just one post where someone mentioned Wes Matthews' sophomore year HS ranking and ignored his senior year ranking and I'll concede the point.  

Until then, its silly to ignore more recent results in favor of older, invalid data.

I didn't ignore them. In fact, I conceded multiple times that Jimmy was one year removed from his HS RSCI and Jae was two years removed from his when they arrived at Marquette. I guess that means that after Vander's freshman year and Wesley's sophomore year at MU their high school rankings were invalid and couldn't be mentioned without insulting them.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2013, 11:54:38 AM »
I didn't ignore them. In fact, I conceded multiple times that Jimmy was one year removed from his HS RSCI and Jae was two years removed from his when they arrived at Marquette. I guess that means that after Vander's freshman year and Wesley's sophomore year at MU their high school rankings were invalid and couldn't be mentioned without insulting them.

You're STILL ignoring them!  "One year removed?"  "Two years removed?"  THAT's really all you can bring yourself to "concede" about Jae's and Jimmy's JUCO accomplishments?  Boy, that's awfully magnanimous of you. 

Do you really think the most important defining characteristic that caused Buzz to recruit Jae was that he was "two years removed from HS"?  Or would you "concede" that the only reason he even got a sniff from MU was because he was in the midst of leading his  his team to the NJCAA championship and with a POY performance?   

Meanwhile, do I need to remind you again that nowhere in your quote was about "the guy who turned two non top 500 HS guys into NBA draft picks. . . " did you reference their JUCO accomplishments?  Back then, you didn't even bother to "concede" they were one/two years removed from HS.  In other words, you ignored their JUCO accomplishments, minimizing it to the passage of time.

Only after I called you out did you bother to given them any credit at all--and just for being one or two years removed from HS.

And its funny how now all of a sudden you're claming to be offended that I don't give you credit for such "concession". 

augoman

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2013, 12:07:03 PM »
despite the petty bickering, 'Forever' makes a valid point in that it would be ideal to have them both..., kind of a Novak/Jackson redux!!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2013, 12:25:41 PM »
You're STILL ignoring them!  "One year removed?"  "Two years removed?"  THAT's really all you can bring yourself to "concede" about Jae's and Jimmy's JUCO accomplishments?  Boy, that's awfully magnanimous of you. 

Do you really think the most important defining characteristic that caused Buzz to recruit Jae was that he was "two years removed from HS"?  Or would you "concede" that the only reason he even got a sniff from MU was because he was in the midst of leading his  his team to the NJCAA championship and with a POY performance?   

Meanwhile, do I need to remind you again that nowhere in your quote was about "the guy who turned two non top 500 HS guys into NBA draft picks. . . " did you reference their JUCO accomplishments?  Back then, you didn't even bother to "concede" they were one/two years removed from HS.  In other words, you ignored their JUCO accomplishments, minimizing it to the passage of time.

Only after I called you out did you bother to given them any credit at all--and just for being one or two years removed from HS.

And its funny how now all of a sudden you're claming to be offended that I don't give you credit for such "concession". 

Enough of this nonsense. I am not and cannot be offended by you and your moronic, incessant ramblings. Why don't you write a 50 page letter to Buzz about how mean he has been to Jimmy and Jae for bringing up their high school rankings. He'll get a good laugh out of it and so will they. In the meantime, I'll put you on ignore and you can do the same for me.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2013, 12:59:23 PM »

You must be insufferable to work with.

brandx

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2013, 01:09:45 PM »

I didn't mean to demean his play - he was very good, maybe great on defensive end and an excellent leader and very average offensively, but played with very good players. Scottie May was key on those Indy teams - as a matter of fact when he got injured the year before they went undefeated, Indy lost in the tournament despite going undefeated in the B10 winning by an average of almost 25 points a game. Having Benson helped a bit too.

My point was that Buckner was as good as any high school player I ever saw, but his game was still the same when he played in the NBA. There was no big progression that most of the top players had.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2013, 03:13:57 PM »
Enough of this nonsense. I am not and cannot be offended by you and your moronic, incessant ramblings. Why don't you write a 50 page letter to Buzz about how mean he has been to Jimmy and Jae for bringing up their high school rankings. He'll get a good laugh out of it and so will they. In the meantime, I'll put you on ignore and you can do the same for me.

Buzz wasn't "mean" to Jimmy and Jae. 

There's a difference between Buzz citing where they started in order to complement their development (including their JUCO accomplishments), and you ignoring their JUCO accomplishments altogether (or minimizing it as merely "years removed from HS") because you thought it sounded more impressive to say he was "the guy who coached two non-top 500 HS guys to the NBA".

The only good laugh Buzz will have is when he reads that you think he turned them from non top 500 HS kids into NBA stars wthout bothering to mention that the contributions of the players themselves or the JUCO coaches were probably more important.

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2014, 03:50:22 PM »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2014, 06:35:46 PM »
Stone is visiting SMU today per Zagoria. They beat UConn, too.

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/calipari-williams-watch-zimmerman-jeter-bragg-carolina-to-see-matt-ryan/

Hopefully, he doesn't come back until Wednesday.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2014, 06:48:35 PM »

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/calipari-williams-watch-zimmerman-jeter-bragg-carolina-to-see-matt-ryan/

Brown is building quite the team. I'm sure it's enticing to join some other big name players there.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2014, 06:59:46 PM »

Good weather.  Good game in a new gym.   

brandx

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2014, 07:11:14 PM »
Brown is building quite the team. I'm sure it's enticing to join some other big name players there.

Plus the pay is good.

feedback